Your PC

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by Kioskask, Apr 24, 2016.

1. BaxterKangaroo

BaxterKangaroo New Member

Nice laptop i got on sale for $280

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. GigaBit

GigaBit A hyperactive computer lovin' nerd.

Thought I'd post my builds.
    I sadly don't have any pictures.

Main Computer
    Base: Dell Optiplex 380
    CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
    RAM: 4GB DD3 @ 531Mhz
    Graphics: Radeon R7 240 w/ 2GB GDDR3
    Storage: Samsung EVO 850 250GB & WD3200AAJS 300GB

I originally got this computer as a trade from a friend and I've slowly upgraded it from then.
    It plays low end games fairly well, but I don't use it for gaming much.
    It gets the job done.

Secondary/Emulating Computer
    Base: Custom built
    CPU: AMD x64 Dual Core
    RAM: 3GB DD2
    Graphics: Radeon x800xt power color
    Storage: Some WD HDD w/ 250GBs

I would have gone into better detail here but this computer is a pain to pull out and it was very late at night while I was writing this.
    Anywho... I use this computer to emulate NES/SNES/Gensis games on my TV.
    I had some issues with screen tearing for a while until I found out it was running my TV at 29hz Interlaced. I then set it up to 60hz and it runs fine now.
    btw TV is an old Magnavox CRT (I have no idea what model).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  3. S.D.O.S.

S.D.O.S. Member

My home setup is a combo I guess since I need portability and also a powerful desktop so I play around with a Razer Blade Stealth ultrabook, 12.5" 2560x1440 CPU: i7 2.5 GHz RAM: 8 GB.

Desktop case is hidden bellow the table since I don't like wires showing etc I do enjoy my Corsair Strafe RGB Keyboard w/ MX Silent Switches, Corsair Sabre RGB and ofc Corsair Void RGB headset and for art I really dig my 21:9 format screen that you can see a bit on this picture in the back, really a nice format for arts, also have my wacom tablet hidden bellow the Stealth in that picture, the cfg I built on a Corsair 380T White case is i7-6700 3.4Ghz, 16GB, GTX960 SC, when it comes to storage I lost track and since I'm in my office I can't really know by memory but it's above 8 TB.

The case is really nice for me since sometimes I'll use it on travels and it just looks like a traveling case, so I can just pick it up and there I go.

[​IMG]

Corsair Case is this model:
    [​IMG]

Augmented Husky likes this.
  4. Fusby

Fusby New Member

I'll add a pic later, but...

i7 4770k
    16 GB RAM
    512 GB SSD
    2+3 TB of HDD storage
    EVGA GTX 1070
    850w PSU
    Fractal Define R4
    Asus PB278Q (1440p at 80hz) monitor

5. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Why not a 1080 instead of a 1070?

6. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Budget, perhaps?

There is not much of an increase in performance from a 1070 to a 1080. A 1080 do cost sum moolah.

7. Sergei Sóhomo

But 1070 is the budget card of that generation and if you're going with an i7 then you've gotta go the whole way

8. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Really? I thought the 1060 was the budget card?

Saiko likes this.
  9. Fusby

Fusby New Member

Money.

Yes, I have an i7 and it was previously paired with my 780. However, I've had some games where my frames were dropping since I play at 1440p. The new card handles everything I need it to, and a 1080 would be nice but it's not really within the budget I had at the time. I still get at least 60 fps on most games I play aside from some early access titles.

10. Sergei Sóhomo

*70 are the budget cards while the *60 are the lower-end office work

11. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Really? 70's are the budget cards? Ok.

12. stimpy

stimpy you're not using Windows XP?

this is my alternative PC for when I cant or don't want to use my other one. I purchased it along with another computer for $20 last week.[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. GigaBit

GigaBit A hyperactive computer lovin' nerd.

Ay! Windows XP! It's one of my favorite OSs.
    I have it running on the majority of my older systems.

14. Wolf-Snipe

Wolf-Snipe Member

Well....that's my pc:

eMachines E720

4gb ram
    Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 2.0 Ghz
    Intel GMA 4500XHD(or something like that)
    250 GB HDD

15. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

I don't have a PC cause I'm poor. Wish I did though

16. Wristan

Wristan New Member

4202017.jpg 4192017.jpg Due to some recent events I've manage to do a bit of an upgrade on my computer. I've complied a list on Pcpartpicker with a single picture(due to technically issues I was tired and only manage to take the one shot of it when completed.) As for the rest of stuff I'm using a Dying LG HDTV and a LG Monitor(which is in the pcpartpicker list). I'll post a picture of my desk layout with the link to my pcpartpicker completed build (Wristan's Completed Build - Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 960 4GB, Element G ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

Images are of my desk with my screen and the chair I use.

17. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

I have a 2 month old Dell Inspiron laptop in silver. It replaced a black HP Pavilion laptop which BROKE IN HALF after only two years worth of use.

18. Sergei Sóhomo

That looks like one comfy chair

19. Wristan

Wristan New Member

It is better then all the chairs I've had in the past. I got a Wing Back Chair for my computer due to any and every computer chair I've bought broke after a year. I get parts replaced with the warranty on the chairs, but that only last another 6 months to a year. Eventually it got so bad there wasn't much more replacement parts could do. I spent so much on chairs from 300 to 700$ and the results were the same. The other issue with the computer chairs I had was that after a few hours of sitting no matter what I would do my hips or backs would ache. Even getting up every couple of hours still didn't help.

The only minor issue with having a chair like this is not wheels, but I just put those furniture movers under the legs so it'll slide on the carpet. So far has worked out really well and no more aches and pain from sitting.

20. Saiko

Saiko GTWT Survivor

IMG_0141.JPG

So a couple months ago I got this little beast. It's Intel's Skull Canyon NUC and is the best personal server I could hope for. It has a quad core i7 in it, but I could run it at 100% for a month straight and only add $6 to my power bill. Now I can run stuff on it remotely instead of leaving my desktop on overnight.