Your speedpaint preferences?

Discussion in 'Art and Illustration' started by Kattling, Nov 11, 2017.

?

What audio do you prefer on the speedpaints you watch?

1. A voiceover explaining the art process.

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. A voiceover telling a story about art of the artist's career.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A voiceover telling a story of something the artist experienced (not necessarily art related).

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  4. No voiceover, just some catchy music!

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. I usually mute speedpaints and just watch the art.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kattling

Kattling New Member

So recently I've been doing lots of requests and commissions, and decided to record some of them and turn them into speedpaints, hopefully for uploading to Youtube in the near future. :D
    But I don't have any idea what to do with the audio. From what I can tell, there are a couple of popular choices: explaining the creation of the art, telling a story, or just having some music. What would you guys recommend, or do you have a preference?
    All votes/replies appreciated!

2. lyar

lyar Its not the human race, its just the human race

whatever you do, good luck. The key is being relatable the simplest way of doing so is being yourself.

3. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

I would probably start with music first, that will let you focus on production quality. When you get comfortable, then you can drop some narration into the mix.

4. Kattling

Kattling New Member

Ahh that's a good idea! ;u; At least it still gets my speedpaints out there, and then I can just tell a story when I feel like I have something to tell

-..Legacy..- likes this.
  5. -..Legacy..-

You can also prevent interrupting the music, by just doing some minor written overlay. Stuff like:

I had no idea where I was going here.

I really like this xxxx feature I ended up using.

Next time I may try doing xxxxx

6. KrissySempaiArt

KrissySempaiArt Mama Memester

If you do want to talk , make sure you get a nice mic * not super fancy but not janky ya feel * and def learn to sound mix . Otherwise i think i chill song would suffice until you figured that out , maybe watch a video on how to do it with the program youre using c:! Also learning how to talk to people really helps . Ive worked retail for 3 years and was in band for 6 years in school so “performing” in front of people os pretty easy for me , but ya just dont wanna sound yoo shy ya feel?
    Good luck on the videos man !!

7. Kattling

Kattling New Member

Ahh yeah, this has given me a lot to think about! ;u; I've already got a nice mic - I animate a lot on the side so I've got one for voice acting, so I've got that covered. I used to stream quite a lot, but that was usually with a cohost, so maybe I should practice more just talking on my own. And thank you, hopefully it won't take me too long to figure out! XD

KrissySempaiArt and -..Legacy..- like this.
  8. -..Legacy..-

Remember to link here, when you decide to start.

KrissySempaiArt likes this.
  9. Kattling

Kattling New Member

Ahh yes will do, thanks for the advice! ;u; I might record some voiceover or something, listen to it, and if I sound stupid I'll just go ahead with the music. XD Last thing I need to do is embarrass myself for the whole internet to see.

KrissySempaiArt likes this.