• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fur Affinity Forums

Joni
Joni
Thx. But I have so little ideas, I do not know if you can help me. Beyond that, my friends are so uncreative too. I want to make videos but it's so hard to find ideas. I think science is very interesting, I want to make Youtube videos about this (I have already experience with it) but everything is already ten times on Youtube.
Reactions: Mach
Mach
Mach
Let's see if we can work through this, if you like. You want make Youtube videos? Are these one-offs or part of a series? (I wouldn't worry about repetition too much because many Youtubers, like you keenly pointed, tend to put out similar material since they chase trends.)
Joni
Joni
Also, Since I discovered furries, I also want to make furry content. So I have to invest in character stills and combine everything. It's more of a series. But I think Youtube is so saturated, that's very bad.
Mach
Mach
Ah. So you're caught in the eternal struggle plaguing every furry Yotube creator: Do you create content for furs and risk alienating the larger market of non-furs or do you make content geared toward non-furs and forego the easily reachable fur market for potentially bigger ratings in the mainstream Youtube market?
Mach
Mach
I would say the benefits of creating a series for furs on Youtube is that you would have an easier time drumming up watchers. The downside is you would have invest in a fursuit and character stills/animations, which could increase your costs. You could also pigeonhole yourself to just having just fur watchers.
Mach
Mach
I'd create content geared toward non-furs first, since it is probably cheaper to do and will give you wider exposure. You could add furry elements later.
Mach
Mach
Sorry for the epic essay and slow reply. :p
Joni
Joni
But I think, to make normal videos and then connect it with furry stuff is also a bad idea.