• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fur Affinity Forums

Skychickens
Skychickens
Yup! Her name is Luci. The pic is a year old but she’s one of my two oscars.
Whimsycal
Whimsycal
Looks healthy! I am guessing you take good care of them
Skychickens
Skychickens
I do my best. They’re in a 65 gallon tank just the two of them, water parameters are perfect, (save a little warm. They got sick once and I raised temp to help, now they pout if I don’t keep it there) I feed them the highest quality food available in pelleted form, and have a filter rated for a 125 gallon tank. I’d love to get them a bigger tank at some point but the one they’re in is more than big enough.
Whimsycal
Whimsycal
I once saw in a Petco the offer of gallon x.50c. So a 125 gallon would have been for 62.5 dollars. I felt tempted for it. But my turtles are always walking on my small backyard and my uncle fishes didnt need it either.
Skychickens
Skychickens
God if I had the money, space, and saw that? I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat.
Whimsycal
Whimsycal
I was like. I dont need it. But that price!
Skychickens
Skychickens
I bought my 65, tank lid light stand filter and 100lbs of gravel for 300. I still think that was a good deal.
Whimsycal
Whimsycal
It was a good deal. I seen them go for more. You lady know your aquariums
Skychickens
Skychickens
I love them. It’s one of my favorite hobbies. I had 5 tanks before I moved but I got rid of most of them to not watch my fish die. Now I just have the one operating.
Whimsycal
Whimsycal
Due to the conditions of my city it was better to keep turtles so I had to leave the fishes with my aunt. They are doing well in their tank
Skychickens
Skychickens
Oh yeah. Where I am water is pretty good but some of the surrounding areas people need to buy aquarium water. I still treat mine just in case though.