• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fur Affinity Forums

Skychickens
Skychickens
Yes and no. I'm avoiding LPW at the moment but still want to play games.
WarriorWhispers
WarriorWhispers
Sky's goal to take over the world...Starting with forum games. ^-^
Skychickens
Skychickens
RED ALERT! RED ALERT! PLANS HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED! WE HAVE BEEN DISCOVERED!! INITIATING SELF DESTRUCT IN 3...2...1...
Skychickens
Skychickens
By the way: It's iodine you want. Ingesting bleach is dangerous. Or find lots of good moss and run it through that and some clean charcoal a few times. I could go on but. If you want more dumb survival facts, you have a conversation going with me already. OwO
WarriorWhispers
WarriorWhispers
...But I thought that bleach was safe in small amount? Like I thought there was an entire measurement to use for it. 0-0
Skychickens
Skychickens
The ratio is difficult to be able to use in a survival situation. Iodine is a safer alternative you aren't going to accidentally kill yourself on if you put in a little too much. It's also not going to contaminate the rest of your supplies.
WarriorWhispers
WarriorWhispers
See, and I thought iodine was unsafe.
I will die quickly.
Put me in a mountain-y area. I'll find berries and a river. Maybe I'll survive.
Skychickens
Skychickens
Honestly your best bet is to tell the park rangers how long you expect to be gone, and to tell someone that's NOT with you how long you're going to be gone where and tell them if you don't get in contact by then, to contact the authorities. And STAY ON THE TRAILS. Most people die within a few miles of their camp/car/etc. because they got turned around when they wandered off trail.
WarriorWhispers
WarriorWhispers
And get a GPS!
WarriorWhispers
WarriorWhispers
I know a lot of it comes down to common sense...It's just the SAFELY collecting and building things I know nothing about.
Thanks to an upbringing in wicca, I have a fairly decent knowledge on safe plants to eat and such.
Skychickens
Skychickens
Those don't always work, but it doesn't hurt. The best advice I ever got from a park was the check in and all, and if you get lost? Stay. Put. If you've checked in and not checked back by the time allotted, they'll send someone looking. You're much easier to find when you're not wandering around.
WarriorWhispers
WarriorWhispers
I didn't know they'd randomly send someone like that.
Honestly, I would have used the sun to tell direction, and just gone off in whatever direction SHOULD be the front of the park. *not very smart*
Skychickens
Skychickens
If you tell them you're going on X trail, they're going to know about how long it should take. If it gets too long (say you miss your check out time) they'll know where to start looking. Most parks actually recommend you talk to the office before you leave on a trail.