• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fur Affinity Forums

luffy
luffy
If you block someone, they shouldn't be able to see topics you create. Posts by you that are in reply to someone else's thread are blank to the person you blocked, except that person can still see that you've posted.
luffy
luffy
If someone evades your block by mentioning you or talking to you in a topic, or by otherwise trying to contact you, then yes, it's against the rules. If someone makes a discussion topic and both of you are replying, but not to each other, then no. It's not against the rules.
Yakamaru
Yakamaru
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.

Tho that raises another question as well, following up on your answer. When you have been blocked or have done the blocking, the blocker/blocked party can't see threads made. I take it it's okay for them to post in such threads, despite the blocked status? A thread they normally wouldn't be able to see if logged on?
Yakamaru
Yakamaru
In my opinion at least I find the lack of reach of the CoC on the blocked aspect to also include this perplexing, to be honest. As it can quite easily be used as a means of subtle forms of harassment/ignoring the rules.
luffy
luffy
No, they shouldn't be able to post in your threads or otherwise communicate in a way that's direct toward you. Have you had this happen? The only scenario which I can see this happening is if User B posts in User A's topic, and User A subsequently blocks them, but User B is already subscribed and getting direct links to their topic.
luffy
luffy
If you would like, you may suggestion a revision or clarification for this rule in the suggestions forum. However, I think that the block rule is pretty clear in the fact that it states:
"Any attempt to address a user who has blocked you or whom you have blocked is considered a form of deliberate harassment. This also includes soliciting other users to pass on messages or otherwise make contact on your behalf."
luffy
luffy
So, regardless of how uncanny the attempt or situation is, if that IS happening, action will be taken.
Yakamaru
Yakamaru
Holy mother of.. Yeah, that clarifies more than what I actually wanted to ask about. Thanks, I really appreciate the clarification.

I asked about this clarification some time ago directly, but it was blatantly ignored and got nothing but silence in return.

I will send you a DM on my thoughts on some matters of possible concerns if you don't mind.
luffy
luffy
I don't mind. Sorry to hear about before. I don't know what happened, but I do know that the forum mod life is REALLY busy after having been on for about a week. No problem.