• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Personally, you are better off waiting until later and spending the time not buying into the whole teenage romance crap. Most of the worst relationship drama comes from when you are in your teen years, IMO.
Yeah, I figured as much. Sometimes I feel that people I know only really do it for the novelty of being able to say they have a girlfriend. I mean- at this stage, how is it different from having a friend that is a girl?

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Only problem being that these days many people still act like immature teenagers until they are about 30 XD

Especially the college kids.

Yeah, I figured as much. Sometimes I feel that people I know only really do it for the novelty of being able to say they have a girlfriend. I mean- at this stage, how is it different from having a friend that is a girl?

That's probably the reason when you are that young, aside with the ability to make out.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Especially the college kids.

You have to be really lucky to find someone in college or university who is mature enough.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
I have a girlfriend. I met her the day after the US Government Shutdown when a special needs girl lost it in my social studies class, and i heroically(?) got her to calm down. That is when this other girl got a little freaky on me. It was my first time, so i decided to roll with it. It's a one-sided relationship which I got really uncomfortable with really fast. A month later she friendzoned me, only to come back another month after that, with reinforcements.

At least she dresses nice...

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Hey, I'm in college and I'm mature! (other than my sense of humor, of course)

You are a mod on a furry forum. Sorry gurl, that instantly puts you in the eternal friendzone :V

Hooky

Was hermiting.
Nope, I've never been in a romantic relationship and i'm not looking to be in one for a few years. Sounds great though, well.. Most of it.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
I thought I was in love with my boyfriend when I was 15 which resulted in a hideous tattoo that was a ~*symbol of our love*~ on my right buttcheek.
But butt tatoos are "sassy" :V
RAWR~

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
The strongest experiences I have of love are also the ones that ended the worst for me.

A guy when I was 18, who, (I say this in the nicest way possible) is the biggest scumbag on the planet. He was on the rebound and didn't have the decency to come out and say so, and took me in with nothing but charm and lies. I was 18, naive, and he knew that anything would impress someone like that ("Aren't I amazing?! I attached my TV to my computer so I can dual screen!") I'd never felt closer to anyone, and shared with him the best time of my life. He made me feel special. But of course, after he got what he wanted, he was off looking for the next girl, and left me there with the idea that we might have something.
I kinda fucked that one up for myself though, I went apeshit to get back at him for using me like that, because that is just NOT on. He came back in June, about 2 years after it all fell apart and I made some threats I'm not proud of, and he did the EXACT same thing again. But I can't really get too mad at him for that, because as they say, 'fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me'.

I'm seeing someone now that I feel like I can trust, but it's different, building up feelings from scratch instead of bonding as friends. He claims he's been in love with me the whole time (we've known each other 2 years), but that makes me uncomfortable, because I feel like I'm under a lot of pressure to make up my mind sooner rather than later about how I feel.

Also, the OP is kinda creepy.

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
I've dealt with romantic relationships only once in my life. Last year in fact, and it was awesome... Kind of. Let's just say that it sucks that the person you love lives 700 km far from your home and that you can only see her once every two months... Foolishly enough I thought it would last. It didn't. Seven months later we had to break up because it was getting too painful not being able to see eachother regularly. At least she found someone else that lives really near, so that's a relief.

And after a whole month of mood swings I came to the conclusion that maybe I'm not ready yet. It'll come when it'll come and in the meantime I'm just gonna focus on my other love : work and writing, so it's cool. Conclusion : don't deal in distant relationships if you're poor, it sucks.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Once I met a wonderful girl, charming, shy and very beautiful, we fell in love at first sight I remember looking at her beautiful face her skin was fair and her eyes beautiful, with long black hair, we spent the whole night making passionate and fierce, but more deeply beautiful yet caring love in the woods...

Then I had to dispose of the body :V

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
What about being in love with ideas?

In the absence of a mate, I find myself under the sway of Garveyist philosophies, which motivated me to create an alter ego in this fandom to better reflect those beliefs. The fursuit head exists to bring substance to those beliefs.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
It's like high school all over again.

Naa, let's do it in a more mature and sophisticated way. A sophisticated orgy with you in the middle.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
Naa, let's do it in a more mature and sophisticated way. A sophisticated orgy with you in the middle.

I'll bring the champagne. Is this going to be a black tie orgy?

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
I'm planning a wedding, I'm pretty damn certain it's love. Or Stockholm Syndrome.

Aleu

Deuces
Well that is simply an opinion in which I respect full heartedly. It is my belief that I am a wolf and a fox and my boyfriend is a full blood wolf. I am not hurting anybody with this belief. So instead of trying to constantly bring a beings hope down with you issues try looking more at the positive side.

I'm sorry to say your opinion is wrong.

Either that or you're an escaped science experiment.

S

Sar

On topic (which I wish people would stick to): Yes I do have an SO, and it pains me that she is such a long way away. :/
I've noticed there is a lot of LDRs in fandoms. Just remember, communication is important in these situations. Me and my orange Skype call everyday.

You don't share their opinion/beliefs? Make an actual post about it. You don't care? Then don't post, it's so incredibly simple.

Yeah, was thinking that, sorry. Excuse my grumpiness then. I'm just a little bitter because it was the one thing I really really screwed up that I don't like bringing up. So posted a short version for someone to make a conclusion from. :p

Aleu

Deuces
I've noticed there is a lot of LDRs in fandoms. Just remember, communication is important in these situations. Me and my orange Skype call everyday.

Well, when most of the social activity is online with people of like interests...it's kinda understandable.

Also....orange? o_O

S

Sar

Well, when most of the social activity is online with people of like interests...it's kinda understandable.

Also....orange? o_O
Of course it is. the internet has really helped with connections.

she has an orange Citra as one of her sonas too. :3

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
I understand it wasn't; however, based upon the way you have worded things and are deflecting, alludes that may be discussing the actual engagement of an activity that would not be permitted on this forum, which is of concern to me as a member of staff.

You know, I think you're the only one here whose mind immediately went there instead of just otherkin weirdness.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
You know, I think you're the only one here whose mind immediately went there instead of just otherkin weirdness.

I didn't go straight to otherkin weirdness either.

At the beginning I started to wonder if OP was talking about love for Jesus, actually. Reading on was what made me think otherkin.

veeno

See ya latter ****ers.
I don't love anyone.

I fucking hate everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.