Thread: sfw.furaffinity.net updated

Hey Digimon! Fur Affinity Staff
    The 5,000 Club
    Species
    Murasadramon
    This
    This'd 407 Times in 131 Posts

Default sfw.furaffinity.net updated

We've made updates to sfw.furaffinity.net, our "Safe For Work" variant of the site which makes FA work and family safe (just by visiting the domain). Previously, SFW would not prevent mature notifications from showing up in your new submissions pages. The system would show you any notices already on in your box, regardless of rating.

This has been fixed.
    Follow @furaffinity and @faunited, our official convention, on Twitter for updates and more!

2. The Following User agrees with Dragoneer's Post:

Lady of the lake Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    This
    This'd 1,204 Times in 734 Posts

Default Re: sfw.furaffinity.net updated

oh neat! that page actually makes sense now^^
    i still wont browse FA while someone is watching though :P but anyway, thanks! im sure this will come on handy for many users!
    No control beyond these skies

Quote Originally Posted by Corto View Post
    CC's advice is really terrible if you apply it to life in general, but surprisingly accurate when it comes to dealing with mentholated gonads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentova View Post
    Foxes fucking suck and I hate animal characters

Doggystyler Lone Wolf Akinokaze's Avatar
    Species
    Anthropomorphic European Wolf
    This
    This'd 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool, it works great except for one noticeable instance.

You can still see the mature and adult works in your own gallery.
    If Homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in gay to work. “Hello. Can't work today, still gay.”
    "Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Sir Wolfe Alpha Wolf WolfeMasters's Avatar
    Species
    Wolf
    This

Will this remove the submissions for you to check when you go back to the regular version of the site? Or will those submissions basically be put on hold, until you are able to check them?
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor."

C8 Alpha Wolf Jessica U. Ingmann's Avatar
    Species
    Batty-Bat!
    This
    This'd 14 Times in 8 Posts

The what now? o.o I had no idea such a thing existed! I can finally share this place with my more wussy sensitive friends without worrying about them tripping over adult artwork!!

Unless, you know, someone marks their art as "general" mistakenly. Seen THAT happen a few times. >.>
    Love,
    Jessica U. Ingmann ♥

Conqueror of Cookies Alpha Wolf Shad's Avatar
    Species
    Otter
    This
    This'd 13 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica U. Ingmann View Post
    I can finally share this place with my more wussy sensitive friends without worrying about them tripping over adult artwork!!
    Just let them browse /b/ for a few hours. After that they wont care about a little adult furry artwork. In fact, they may be grateful after seeing some of the shit that gets posted on /b/. It's cruel, but effective... mwahahahaha >:3
    Last edited by Shad; 02-13-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: spelling derp

Doggystyler Lone Wolf Akinokaze's Avatar
    Species
    Anthropomorphic European Wolf
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica U. Ingmann View Post
    The what now? o.o I had no idea such a thing existed! I can finally share this place with my more wussy sensitive friends without worrying about them tripping over adult artwork!!

Unless, you know, someone marks their art as "general" mistakenly. Seen THAT happen a few times. >.>
    If you have adult art in your own gallery you still can't unless you avoid your userpage/gallery [don't know about scraps as I've not got anything adult in there.]

@staff I was wondering if there were any plans for a dedicated NSFW version as well? This would be handy for those who only want to use it for the obvious reasons but it would also be a handy way to open your new submissions and mass delete the adult ones if you so wish.
    If Homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in gay to work. “Hello. Can't work today, still gay.”
    "Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." -Martin Luther King Jr.

'Net Help Desk IT'S OVER 9,000!!!1!!11! ArielMT's Avatar
    Species
    Feline/Phoenix
    This
    This'd 930 Times in 497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akinokaze View Post
    @staff I was wondering if there were any plans for a dedicated NSFW version as well? This would be handy for those who only want to use it for the obvious reasons but it would also be a handy way to open your new submissions and mass delete the adult ones if you so wish.
    I'm not familiar with any plans to make a dedicated-NSFW alternative access version, but URLs containing the domain name "nsfw.furaffinity.net" do work identically to those containing the usual "www.furaffinity.net." (I don't know if this is official, but it is presently working.) It may not be exactly what you're asking for, but it does make it pretty convenient for linking to an NSFW submission with the warning right in the URL.
    [Web] [Start] [DA] [FA] [Furry Survey] [Twit] [Derp] [Tacos!]
    Success is having what you want. Happiness is wanting what you have. Don't mistake one for the other.

Species
    Dragon
    This
    This'd 556 Times in 342 Posts

It's neat but it's down to what users consider "general audience" art. I've seen some questionable pieces on the SFW site, doesn't just take genitalia on display for a piece to be awkward in the presence of others. Not that anything can be done about that.

Species
    Otter
    This

Quote Originally Posted by ADF View Post
    It's neat but it's down to what users consider "general audience" art. I've seen some questionable pieces on the SFW site, doesn't just take genitalia on display for a piece to be awkward in the presence of others. Not that anything can be done about that.
    and this is why we need a report button. Writing trouble tickets (correctly) is a huge issue for most people. :v

Species
    Dragon
    This
    This'd 556 Times in 342 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    and this is why we need a report button. Writing trouble tickets (correctly) is a huge issue for most people. :v
    A report button needs a none biased person on the other side, active enough to go through all the reports in a reasonable time. It's probably more a manpower problem than a coding one.

Species
    Otter
    This

A report button needs a none biased person on the other side, active enough to go through all the reports in a reasonable time. It's probably more a manpower problem than a coding one.
    Umm... it would practically be the exact same thing as a trouble ticket except it would read something like "[LINK] submission has been reported by [USER] for [REASON]" (or some such thing) rather than "OMG DEESE PEOPLE BREAD ALL DEM RULEZZZZZZZ!!111!!!!!!!!!". I don't know about you, but if I were dealing with trouble tickets (or reports) I would much rather read the former. A report button would make things much easier to deal with, methinks.

No faith for this site Forum Legend
    Species
    Disputed
    This
    This'd 182 Times in 104 Posts

It's probably more a manpower problem than a coding one.
    It's actually more of a "we're already 2 years behind on trouble tickets, why make something to add to that problem?" kinda thing.
    The administration hasn't became that dense (yet)

Generally, a "suggestive" or "mislabelled" upload could be settled by dropping a comment on the submission. Should the poster disagree or refuse, file a trouble ticket and pray it'll be a blue moon that night.

He's Kicking It Old-School! Post Crusader Kihari's Avatar
    Species
    ›:3
    This
    This'd 155 Times in 79 Posts

it would practically be the exact same thing as a trouble ticket except it would read something like etc etc
    One other requirement (apart from being quick and simple for the user to submit) is that such reports need to be stackable; that is, multiple reports on the same submission (or journal or whatever) need not create multiple reports staff-side. This would actually reduce the amount of overhead involved in dealing with such matters.

16. The Following 4 Users agree with Kihari's Post:

Species
    Otter
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Kihari View Post
    One other requirement (apart from being quick and simple for the user to submit) is that such reports need to be stackable; that is, multiple reports on the same submission (or journal or whatever) need not create multiple reports staff-side. This would actually reduce the amount of overhead involved in dealing with such matters.
    A report system would actually make that possible, whereas the TT system we have now does not because you need to fill in most of the information manually.

He's Kicking It Old-School! Post Crusader Kihari's Avatar
    Species
    ›:3
    This
    This'd 155 Times in 79 Posts

A report system would actually make that possible, whereas the TT system we have now does not because you need to fill in most of the information manually.
    Indeed, an entirely different system would be needed to handle this. The old "Help Desk" system may have been appropriate seven years ago, but it's not suitable for handling these kinds of issues anymore (though it would still be needed for general site issues).

Species
    Dragon
    This
    This'd 11 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akinokaze View Post
    Cool, it works great except for one noticeable instance.

You can still see the mature and adult works in your own gallery.
    Not anymore. That has been changed; sfw.furaffinity.net is completely free from anything but G rated goodness.

Thread Information