• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

12-9-14 outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

PheagleAdler

FurAffinity is forced to switch into readonly mode due to the heavy database traffic taking place over the past couple of weeks building up a large backlog of unprocessed data.
This amount of data is negatively affecting performance and has to be given time to be processed. No ETA on the removal of readonly mode at this moment.

...are you f*cking kidding me?

At the very least calculate an ETA for us.

AmaruKaze

...are you f*cking kidding me?

At the very least calculate an ETA for us.

They didn't know the had a backlog since load surveillance and proper maintenance is not really a thing FA Administration is good at.

So asking for an ETA is like asking for a fix that will make the site working properly for more than a few weeks, which is unlikely.

PheagleAdler

With this coder? Expect lots of f--kups for at least a week.

should we start betting on times (and possibly dates?) for the site to come out of read only mode?

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA

damien tokala

so some DUMBASS shut my thread, just to get this one some more attention. the message is the same, read below.

So we've been told there's some back log, and that it will be removed. ok... we've been told there was no ETA... sounds a little suspicious, any maintenance personnel worth there salt would be able to give you an ETA. one day passed and again, it seems increasingly suspicious. Why not swap out the backlogged disk for an empty one?

No i am not claiming to know more than our supposedly existent mod team, but unless something physically exploded, it shouldn't be taking THIS long. now why am i so on edge about this? simple... business deals, holiday gifts, and commissions. times like these, i would wager that Alkora could run this thing in his sleep.

next time you decide to close my shit, ask me first.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
next time you decide to close my shit, ask me first.

If the thread is deemed irrelevant and disruptive, the mods close it. We do not have to "ASK" to do so.

Please refrain from using swears and veiled insults and remarks. It doesn't help you get the point across and detracts from what you are trying to state.

Last edited:

damien tokala

pfft, some moderator. first post and they already push people around. and they need to get this forums fixed as well, sticky topics should be in bold italic compared to the rest.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
pfft, some moderator. first post and they already push people around. and they need to get this forums fixed as well, sticky topics should be in bold italic compared to the rest.

Take a step back for awhile and wait until an admin posts an ETA. That will be the best course of action for you, instead of making it a point to rack up infractions. In the meantime, you can post in other sections of the forum or look into something in Forum games until there is word from the mainsite admins.

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again

I don't know where this attitude is coming from, but please treat the staff here with respect. Nobody is pushing anyone around. This is your last warning.

AmaruKaze

I can understand his attitude after all. Of course I do not agree with the way he is formulating it nor with the amount of swear words involved.

First of all the moderating team should always make a comment on why the thread is closed, e.g. double Thread say so and link the older/bigger already existing Thread. Closing it down without apparent reason does no good and not really helps either side. Additionally I can also understand why he is angry about the site being down and _no one_ of the staff ever making a statement about it. We do not need an exact hour or day but when I ask a doctor on how long my illness probably takes to cure, I get an estimate which I can work with but do not treat as a fixed line. For sure that only works unless the doctor has absolutely no clue on what is wrong ( which again shows the missing professionalism of the staff ).

PheagleAdler

Take a step back for awhile and wait until an admin posts an ETA.

We've waited for TWO F*CKING DAYS. Why hasn't there been any word of progress AT ALL yet?

I'm as reasonable as they come, but without updates, I tend to lose my sh*t.

damien tokala

this is the holiday season, i rely on FA to contact my commissioners and make my gift plans for friends and furry family. these days are already stressful enough as it is, and this is just a knife in the back.

Ivorytigress

Rawr =^.^=
Too much anger. Very pointless anger. It isn't the mods of the forums vault, don't blame them. Ever. It isn't their fault you can't look for other threads. Second of all, there is a reason emails exist. If all of your commission info is stored on FA, then that's your problem.

PheagleAdler

Update: if you follow Twitter, 'Neer's planning on making an announcement tonight.

damien tokala

Too much anger. Very pointless anger. It isn't the mods of the forums vault, don't blame them. Ever. It isn't their fault you can't look for other threads. Second of all, there is a reason emails exist. If all of your commission info is stored on FA, then that's your problem.

isn't it in the sites best interest to do what they can to KEEP traffic, instead of telling them, oh well, go elsewhere?

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
Guys, calm down. If we hear anything, we'd absolutely let you know. There is no need to freak out. You'll be fine without FA until we get things back up and running.

Stratelier

We've waited for TWO F*CKING DAYS. Why hasn't there been any word of progress AT ALL yet?

I'm as reasonable as they come, but without updates, I tend to lose my sh*t.
Well, by now there is an update: The backlog (which reportedly was building up for WEEKS) is taking so damn long to process that it'll be quicker to just transfer everything to a new server, and as long as they're doing that they may as well also update the site's version of MySQL, which will reportedly improve performance internally.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
Update: if you follow Twitter, 'Neer's planning on making an announcement tonight.
Link - https://twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/410843641259646976

Just as an FYI for you (since I do have links), this is still being discussed in staff chat and it's frustrating all of us. Getting FA back up and running asap is the number one priority.

Also just to add since I've seen it in here a few times, tone it down with the aggression. You can criticize, but you you can't go calling names.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.