• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

2012 Red Dawn remake

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light
oh shit nigger what are you doing

[video=youtube;nGoe7BdGdlg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGoe7BdGdlg[/video]

Remaking one of the shittiest movies in existence?
Does it help that they replaced those Soviet commie bastards with North Koreans? Oh joy, now we can be racist against those damn gooks instead!

Movie industry is going full retard.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Welp. It's 2012...and Hollywood is officialy out of ideas.

Seriously, War of the Worlds was more probable than this movie.

FenrirUlv

Probably stoned
weird, I remember a long time ago hearing about it but they were using Chinese forces (unless I was mistaken) and I heard it got cancelled. Anyway, I actually liked the original Red Dawn a lot, and I have high hopes for this one (though not sure if it will be very good at all). Also, this isnt anyway racist, the North Korean government is no ally with the U.S. It is more than likely that they could attack (whether it be anywhere near as successful as in the movie is another thing completely).

Butterfly: How in the hell is a movie about aliens coming to earth and killing everyone more probable than one country attacking the other? I know it was sarcastic but come on man X3

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Yea, they filmed this in Detroit a while ago. Originally it was going to be the Chinese, which at least is somewhat more probable, but the Chinese goberment threw a damn fit, and in order to market to the vast Chinese market, they changed it to NK (They could have just changed it to NK ONLY in the Chinese market). The idea that the DPRK could mount an actual takeover of the US is ridiculous on many levels. Also, the idea that an EMP bomb could cause that much damage to the US military to allow a North Korean takeover is stupid, as well as the likelihood that the DPRK could make such a weapon.

Also, the movie almost wasn't made due to funding and other reasons but had life breathed back into it a little while ago.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Butterfly: How in the hell is a movie about aliens coming to earth and killing everyone more probable than one country attacking the other? I know it was sarcastic but come on man X3

Let me dream...

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever

Actually, it's way more probable that an advanced alien race would have the firepower to take over our planet. And likely they wouldn't even have to touch the ground, they'd just bombard us until we were dead.

It's far less probable that a country that can't even launch a satellite into orbit could build an EMP to knock out the US's military, AND get it close enough to us to launch it while avoiding detection.

Also, inb4 Aetius.

NewYork

I can name a few alien movies that were pretty darn probable. They're not the big blockbuster vehicles like Independence Day or The Day the Earth Stood Still remake, but The Invasion and Monster were pretty realistic; like if a real biological invasion of an interstellar species were to invade. And the new Stephanie Meyer boom movie The Host looks promising. Looks better than the other film series based off a Meyer book that I dare not mention.

Still way more realistic settings than an American invasion of North freakin Korea. They can barely feed their own people, how can they invade the Pacific Coast? Might see it only because Josh Peck is in it and I did like the original with Patrick Swayze.

FenrirUlv

Probably stoned
I can name a few alien movies that were pretty darn probable. They're not the big blockbuster vehicles like Independence Day or The Day the Earth Stood Still remake, but The Invasion and Monster were pretty realistic; like if a real biological invasion of an interstellar species were to invade. And the new Stephanie Meyer boom movie The Host looks promising. Looks better than the other film series based off a Meyer book that I dare not mention.

Still way more realistic settings than an American invasion of North freakin Korea. They can barely feed their own people, how can they invade the Pacific Coast? Might see it only because Josh Peck is in it and I did like the original with Patrick Swayze.

Realistic is different than probable :/

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
The only reason why I brought this... thread back, the only reason why I even bothered, is because of the following reason:

I discovered that Josh Peck is in that movie.

The guy on the left...

red-dawn-chris-hemsworth-josh-hutcherson-peck.jpeg

was this kid:

tumblr_lwh5otH8PK1r5gsnyo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lwl59bQhbU1qgj5lz.jpg

tumblr_lwuvpxxS1F1r8aur6o1_500.gif

I freaked out (I already knew about his weight loss. It's the movie role he's landed that took me by surprise).

Makarov

Logic & Reason need not apply
oh shit nigger what are you doing

[video=youtube;nGoe7BdGdlg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGoe7BdGdlg[/video]

Remaking one of the shittiest movies in existence?
Does it help that they replaced those Soviet commie bastards with North Koreans? Oh joy, now we can be racist against those damn gooks instead!

Movie industry is going full retard.

A: The originally movie was awesome
B: It was originally filmed with China being the invader. But, it pissed too many people off, so the company made them change it in post to Koreans...
C: If this movie is racist does that make Dances with Wolves racist (foreign jingoist invaders)?
D: If you really think Red Dawn was the shitest movie in existence you haven't seen many movies...

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Red Dawn is such a period piece of Red Scare paranoia that I'm amazed someone even thought to remake it. The plot was tailored to cater to right-wing conspiracies back then; if the remake is at all popular then it's only more evidence that the right's mode of thinking has not progressed at all since then.

I'm not going to see it, but I may drive through the parking lot on the night of the premiere to count Infowars.com bumper stickers.