• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

~Wolf_in_the_Mask

I miss snow...
Greetings!

I am not sure if I am just unable to find it or if this indeed isn't a thing somehow, but FurAffinity forces me to either use the "a day ago" or "Nov 3, 2020 12:14 AM" time format, and I find both inconvenient; month precedes the day and you have these mysterious marking "AM" and "PM", making me quite unsure whether it is midnight or noon we are talking about here! Now, it is fine, I get it - this is the American system! But would it be possible to implement an European system of day/month/year + 24-hour clock?

Thank you in advance, stay frosty! <3

Zenkiki

The softest little kitty
12:00 am is 00:00 12:00pm is 12:00. I prefer 24hr times myself too, but 12 hour is still easy to read

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I'm always for new options. A 24-hour clock would be useful when I'm aboard too.

quoting_mungo

12:00 am is 00:00 12:00pm is 12:00. I prefer 24hr times myself too, but 12 hour is still easy to read
I think the ease/not with which we read 24 vs 12 hour time is very circumstantial/cultural. I need to stop and think for AM/PM while 24 h comes automatically, and this goes double when 12 h time uses a leading 0 as on FA (for some reason my brain associates leading 0 with 24 h time).

The system already queries the database before deciding how to display time, so it should be a comparatively easy QoL change to benefit people who grew up using 24 h time.

Last edited:

Noveak Prime

Author/Hobbyist Digital Renderer
This would be amazing for someone like me who grew up using the 24 hour system and the ISO 8601 (YYYY-MM-DD ) date assignment system.