• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

28 Days Later - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title
i hope not... otherwise ill hunt you down to get my revenge

what did I do? it was god that sent teh tornado......<< I hope its your granddad that stubs his toe

Ribbonpaws

one Cookie at a time...
what did I do? it was god that sent teh tornado......<< I hope its your granddad that stubs his toe

0__o right... then id really have a reason to hunt... muahahahahahaha

Rufferstuff

Well they *did* say Monday was the absolute *outside*. Which means unless something horrible happens, it won't take till Friday.

So I'm curious... why do you think it'll take till Friday?

Probably because Monday is not the first date we were given, FA:U was this weeked and there has been no official notice to the site status forum since Thursday. I personally hope it is back up tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Probably because Monday is not the first date we were given, FA:U was this weeked and there has been no official notice to the site status forum since Thursday. I personally hope it is back up tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
well, though that may be true, they did say that if need be they could have it up in 4 hours. so, that being siad, all they have to do is give teh facility a call and tell them to put stuff back online. Fact is going 3-4 days without an update isnt really unusuall either. I mean, they're doing an ok job but as you may have noticed tehse guys arent exactly Ted Copple when it comes to keeping us updated.

Rhainor

Rawr.
Site Status is used primarily for news of major status changes and the like. There have been no reasonably major updates to post about since that post on 7/31. Yak's still working on merging in his code updates. If he spent the time to merge in all the updates he's worked on, there's no way it'd be done Monday. He's trying to get as much of it merged in as possible.

Last edited:

SabbathSilverclaw

Ye Olde Black Cat
you know, the one thing I really do have some worries about is that when it comes back up I wont see some of teh folks I really liked talking to. I really do hope they'll be there after a while, I didnt have an online mate or anythign but I would just be sad not to talk to some of the ones I got along with well you know?

Most people use their FA account names here on the forum. Some even have their FA accounts linked. Feel free to check them out or gather names to search after FA is active.

dmfalk

well, though that may be true, they did say that if need be they could have it up in 4 hours. so, that being siad, all they have to do is give teh facility a call and tell them to put stuff back online. Fact is going 3-4 days without an update isnt really unusuall either. I mean, they're doing an ok job but as you may have noticed tehse guys arent exactly Ted Copple when it comes to keeping us updated.

Keep in mind the new server has remote control access- They don't need to contact the colo to do much, now.

Please be patient- The code's almost finished being optimised. It'll be up when it's ready.

I think the FA team have done a splendid job so far, let's let them finish it properly, OK? Rush jobs don't make for stable work.

d.m.f.

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Most people use their FA account names here on the forum. Some even have their FA accounts linked. Feel free to check them out or gather names to search after FA is active.

I tried that, and thankfully I did find a few of them. ^_^ it was nice getting to talk, but as can be expected, not every last one them is on the forums.

Keep in mind the new server has remote control access- They don't need to contact the colo to do much, now.

Please be patient- The code's almost finished being optimised. It'll be up when it's ready.

I think the FA team have done a splendid job so far, let's let them finish it properly, OK? Rush jobs don't make for stable work.

d.m.f.

I'm not saying they should rush, lord knows they've done more then I could ever do and I think this is a textbook case of how to handle a web site outage. What I am saying is they have been a tad lax on providing updates. Though it is really nice to know they have remote access. I dont know a ton about computers but something tells me being able to do it yourself instaed of having to call some place a hundred miles away is a good thing

STrRedWolf

Lazy-ass Drygerskunk
I was able to sneak a peak at the test server, where they're debugging the changes now, off of Dragoner's iPhone. He got it to error out, but they're working on it even here.

FriskyWoods

It's been a month... that's not enough? We were assured that the site would be back by Monday morning. That's reasonable, but if the site still isn't online by the end of tomorrow, people (particularly the people who donated money for the new site equipment) will have every right to be upset about it.

The final deadline for the site's relaunch was Monday morning. Please don't disappoint us.

Rhainor

Rawr.
It's been a month... that's not enough? We were assured that the site would be back by Monday morning. That's reasonable, but if the site still isn't online by the end of tomorrow, people (particularly the people who donated money for the new site equipment) will have every right to be upset about it.

The final deadline for the site's relaunch was Monday morning. Please don't disappoint us.
They've been making changes to the site's code using a copy of the site for ages now. The new server wasn't set up and ready to use until the middle of last week. Since then, yak's been working on bringing those changes over from the dev-copy of FA to the main site. Like I said, there's no way he'll be able to get all the things he wants to bring over done, but he's gonna get done what he can get done, and then open it back up to the public sometime tomorrow.

Unless the entire colo facility explodes (knock on wood), FA will return tomorrow.

SabbathSilverclaw

Ye Olde Black Cat
They've been making changes to the site's code using a copy of the site for ages now. The new server wasn't set up and ready to use until the middle of last week. Since then, yak's been working on bringing those changes over from the dev-copy of FA to the main site. Like I said, there's no way he'll be able to get all the things he wants to bring over done, but he's gonna get done what he can get done, and then open it back up to the public sometime tomorrow.

Unless the entire colo facility explodes (knock on wood), FA will return tomorrow.

pass on kudos and hugs to Yak for the hard work he's done already. I'm anxious, but I know what a pain code updates and changes can be when rushed. If it takes more time, I'll wait. It'll just mean more art to upload when FA does return.

=^.^=

Kaeko

peace keeping minx
yes!!! and when it does, great pics to be posted from this years COn, I can't wait to see them all!!!

reallydude

I'm playing it safe and pretending the site won't be back until Wednesday; that won't stop me from checking a few times every day, of course, but it's better to steel yourself against disappointment than be blindsided by it.

Wolf_Fox_Guy

I'm playing it safe and pretending the site won't be back until Wednesday; that won't stop me from checking a few times every day, of course, but it's better to steel yourself against disappointment than be blindsided by it.

I dont think anyone will be blind sided by it. I'm going to trust in teh staff and continue to check. Just call us happily optimistic

Auros

I'm still saying the 16th, due to the fact that I leave for a 2 week class that day. Still not sure how I'm going to browse through everything yet.

Wolf_Fox_Guy

I thought the site was supposed to be back up tomorrow morning? Or did I read it wrong?

no, you read it correctly. fact is certain furs here dont have alot of faith in teh FA staff and are being pesimistic. Dont worry, It should be up by monday and I for one have full confidence that it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.