• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

28 Days Later - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArrowHowler

Pesky!
For the people getting irritated about the situation:

Yes The site has been down a long time and you miss it. Yes the Mods said it would be up sooner etc etc ETC.

BUT, like most of us, you too have a life, somewhere. Maybe stored underneath your bed. Go find it and use it. You know what fresh air is? Yeah, go get some of that. The mods are just as anxious to see the site up as we are, and they are trying their best to get it back up. Things don't always run smoothly and theres a lot of stuff they need to sort out, and I'm pretty sure they don't want to come here and find a bunch of babies whining because the site isn't up yet.

Sorry, I needed to rant. Too many people moaning. =D

KyubiVash

Teh Fuzzy One
It would seem to me that all the people who are bitchin' about the site being down, need to go outside and in the daylight, (I know, it burns.) You should go to an area that would force you into a real live social setting where you can meet people. You never know, it might do some good.

isthisagoodname

It's summer, guys, you can like, go outside and do stuff. Go to the pool or the beach or the local brothel, I'm sure they're all open for business right now. :p

FA will probably be back when you get back. If not, settle for FAP for awhile.

Kaeko

peace keeping minx
to pass the time, we play the "in my pants game" after every sentence you say 'in my pants."

FA will be up in due time, in my pants. I have much art to upload too, in my pants.

Zack Fair

Sexi time, all the time.
People are angry about the server being down. And people are getting agravatted over those people. Everyone can go outside, it's their choice to not and so leave them be.

Jim094

Too old to care.
I think of Bennie Hill music playing as various admins chase a server through a hall of doors. :)

Add one or two shots where a costumed fox or rabbit is followed closely by the 'server' and then the Admins and you have the skit down pat!
(PAUSE)
Oh dear, you just know someone on FA who is a flash ghod is gonna do this. What have you done Tremaine? ;)

Sur Realis

Yes The site has been down a long time and you miss it. Yes the Mods said it would be up sooner etc etc ETC.

BUT, like most of us, you too have a life, somewhere. Maybe stored underneath your bed. Go find it and use it. You know what fresh air is? Yeah, go get some of that. The mods are just as anxious to see the site up as we are, and they are trying their best to get it back up. Things don't always run smoothly and theres a lot of stuff they need to sort out, and I'm pretty sure they don't want to come here and find a bunch of babies whining because the site isn't up yet.

Although I'm not someone getting agitated at the downtime of the server (though I am rather peeved at other things not pertaining to the subject), I'd like to point out that I live in Texas and where I am right now it is roughly 107 degrees Fahrenheit, and if I were to go outside without SPF Infinity I would get a sunburn worse than you can imagine - which I would like to avoid this time around - plus the possibilities of miscellaneous things such as heat exhaustion, heat strokes, et cetera et cetera. In my area, three deaths have been confirmed linked to the extreme heat. No fresh air for me.

harry2110

Gaming Lynx
It would seem to me that all the people who are bitchin' about the site being down, need to go outside and in the daylight, (I know, it burns.) You should go to an area that would force you into a real live social setting where you can meet people. You never know, it might do some good.

i have been out. I went to ride my bike to 1.3hours this morning.
only covered 10 miles beacuse i had to talk to some people.
tonight i will be out again playing tennis
also its suposed to get up to 92 with an heat index of 95

Last edited:

ThreeTailedKitsune

...mrrf... what do you want?

I've had most of that since FA has been down... =_=;; i was making movies outside.. I PERFORM MAH OWN STUNTS! 8D

Range

Round D O G E
to pass the time, we play the "in my pants game" after every sentence you say 'in my pants."

FA will be up in due time, in my pants. I have much art to upload too, in my pants.

Instead of bitching while I wait, I'm going to play Splinter Cell on the big screen in the living room in my pants.

Akira6766

I take public transit about 12-15 miles back and forth to my classes so I'm pretty sure I got my sunshine for the day. Studying for a final next Thursday anyway, just a little annoyed because I hoped FA would be back on when I got back from my test. Its been gone quite awhile after all, but on the bright side there will probably be a flood of new submissions the likes of which I'll have never seen, most likely anyway :D

On another note: Accelerated math classes are a pain, but I'm still getting my "A" unless I get worse than a 75 on the final, which simply ISN'T happening even if I relax on the studying a bit :p

reallydude

Remember, guys, people donated almost $17,000 to get the site back up about 35 days ago, so some people might be a bit peeved about the delays.

Edit: And yeah, it's 102 degrees here, so I think I'll wait a little while to head out.

maxgoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydude
Yeah, this site's definitely not coming back until Wednesday.

Oh, ye of little faith...

Little faith??

I'm on reallydude's side in this.

I had faith when we were told the 21st.
I had faith when we were told the 24th.
I had faith when we were told the 28th.
I had faith when we were told the morning of August 4th.

How often do we have to have our faith betrayed before we begin to lose it?

Little faith my ass...

Akira6766

There were no promises. Only estimates.
On the contrary, there was a deadline.
Server Status 7/31/2008 thread
Relevant data in the post by Yak on 07-31-2008, at 01:10 PM

"Technically Fur Affinity can be online in 4 hours.
But the website is going to stay offline for the process of merging in the code updates related to improving database efficiency, and the interface changes that are related to the new database schema.

The process may take up to three days, but the final deadline of FA's comeback is Monday morning."

Please note the use of the word deadline. That's not a word someone uses when someones talking about an estimate.

Last edited:

Range

Round D O G E
Little faith??

I'm on reallydude's side in this.

I had faith when we were told the 21st.
I had faith when we were told the 24th.
I had faith when we were told the 28th.
I had faith when we were told the morning of August 4th.

How often do we have to have our faith betrayed before we begin to lose it?

Little faith my ass...

It's LoZ Twilight Princess all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.