• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

28 Days Later - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyare

Furry Artist
There was a deadline. Which is kind of the same thing. Especially because it was quoted to be the "Final" deadline.

If they didn't want people to be waiting around for the return and to stop whining, they should have kept it as an estimate, no?

I have been up and around doing things other then FA, like working daily and being away from the computer. No, I have not been checking FA daily. When I heard it was going to be up for Monday by the latest, I was excited as probably many others were. I'm kind of upset to see that there is no change, no update, and no progress.

Now, keeping it and estimate probably wouldn't have significantly reduced the number of people waiting around, but not meeting a deadline has not only upset people like me but probably many others.

It sucks and I hope it's up soon. But if it's not up today, maybe next time they should give us an estimate and not a final deadline.

Bluefire

The Bluest Jaguar evah! :D
I'm saddened by the delays, but being a computer professional myself, I understand what they're up against, so sit tight and keep you pants on. (by "keep your pants on" I mean in the metaphorical sense, if you want to paw I'm not going to stop you :p)

harry2110

Gaming Lynx
On the contrary, there was a deadline.
Server Status 7/31/2008 thread
Relevant data in the post by Yak on 07-31-2008, at 01:10 PM

"Technically Fur Affinity can be online in 4 hours.
But the website is going to stay offline for the process of merging in the code updates related to improving database efficiency, and the interface changes that are related to the new database schema.

The process may take up to three days, but the final deadline of FA's comeback is Monday morning."

Please note the use of the word deadline. That's not a word someone uses when someones talking about an estimate.
but what happens if you miss a deadline at work you usually will get penilized for it.

I don't know about anyone else, but as someone who is getting his artistic fix from other sites right now anyway, this thread is a comedy gold mine. It's like watching an overweight kid with an ice cream sandwich dangling just out of reach, and it keeps getting yanked away as his stubby fingers clasp for it.

Kaeko

peace keeping minx
Stop hounding everyone! Goodness furs, the con took alot out of the staff, believe me they were running around the Marriot like chickens without heads and they were up early and up late!!!

It'd be grateful if you all just let them sleep the con exhaustion off and then let them concentrate of getting FA back up. Some had to travel back home either yesterday night or this morning. And my bet is this morning, FA didnt end until the very end of Sunday night. They were talking about getting it up, and it will be...

nya. sorry but some of your aren't apprecitive for what they have been doing for the passed month..

Last edited:

Sslaxx

I don't know about anyone else, but as someone who is getting his artistic fix from other sites right now anyway, this thread is a comedy gold mine. It's like watching an overweight kid with an ice cream sandwich dangling just out of reach, and it keeps getting yanked away as his stubby fingers clasp for it.
I'm thinking of a furry train wreck pic that Tremaine had posted to his LJ once... seems appropriate.

Sur Realis

You guys moan too much. Leave the basement for once and go get some fresh air. :U
Just thought I'd enlighten you that some of us live where it is currently 107 degrees Fahrenheit and going outside to get said fresh air is, if anything, suicidal until they invent SPF Infinity and never-melting-ice.

Well, I mowed the lawn, trimmed, went swimming, ate lunch, came back and IT'S STILL NOT UP DAMNIT!

Oh well. I still appreciate the fact that the mods actually work :D Who am I to bitch and moan.

Rhainor

Rawr.
and this is why I never give time estimates for anything if I can help it
You could always take a page from Scotty's book, and multiply your time estimates by at least 2. That way, even if you thought it'd take 5 days and it ends up taking a week, people will still think you got it done ahead of time.

So, not happening today then?
I'm pretty sure he meant he'd just rather not have to put up with all the whining and bitching about deadlines 'n such. If you never announce an ETA, then people can't complain that it took longer than you said.

Sur Realis

Stop hounded everyone! Goodness furs, the con took alot out of the staff, believe me they were running around the Marriot like chickens without heads and they were up early and up late!!!

It'd be grateful if you all just let them sleep the con exhaustion off and then let them concentrate of getting FA back up. Some had to travel back home either yesterday night or this morning. And my bet is this morning, FA didnt end until the very end of Sunday night. They were talking about getting it up, and it will be...

nya. sorry but some of your aren't apprecitive for what they have been doing for the passed month..

Quite contrary, I am appreciative of what they are doing. Hell, let them keep the server down for another week so they can catch up on their sleep. It's all fine with me. It's just annoying me that people are assuming anyone bitching about a missed deadline are fat basement-dwelling forty year old men still living with their mom. And, less to you and more to everyone, enough of the fresh air comments, it's one-hundred-fucking-seven degrees outside where I live. Know why? It's called Summer. Summer is hot. I'll get fresh air later, like, Winter.

Kaeko

peace keeping minx

Kaeko

peace keeping minx
Quite contrary, I am appreciative of what they are doing. Hell, let them keep the server down for another week so they can catch up on their sleep. It's all fine with me. It's just annoying me that people are assuming anyone bitching about a missed deadline are fat basement-dwelling forty year old men still living with their mom. And, less to you and more to everyone, enough of the fresh air comments, it's one-hundred-fucking-seven degrees outside where I live. Know why? It's called Summer. Summer is hot. I'll get fresh air later, like, Winter.

agreed, I'm only on FA when I take breaks from my Online college classes. And I don't want to be outside either, tis 102 f-ing degrees...forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.