• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

3 Most Disturbing Movies You've Ever Seen

D

Deleted member 134556

Salo was incredible for it's time, yes. I saw it years ago, possibly a decade. I'm surprised by the devotion the actors went through, but I remember hearing one of them committed suicide because of what they were put through...

Also, The Girl Next Door, (Not the shitty comedy. The one by Gregory Wilson) was impressive to me, and also valued because it was based on a true story, and because it involved children doing horrific things.

Then there is of course the infamous Human Centipede trilogy I've seen, though I think that was mostly for shock value and not something that will stay in the back of your head long.

Cannibal Holocaust should also be mentioned for the third. It was possibly the first "found footage" film made in the West, but I'm not praising the film, because it featured intense animal cruelty, though you can still find the film available to see.

I'd mention more films, but I figure I'd hear what others have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernadaite

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Depends if "really gross for no reasons" disturbing or "this changed my philosophy on things, I perceive different feeling, I cannot look at humanity the same way as before" disturbing ahaha

But yeah,
- A Serbian Movie should be in there. I think it was just stupid, and the metaphors were a stretch.
- Irreversible, the rape scene was too long and horrible. I saw it recently with the actors present in the room and I TELL YOU WHAT THEY WERE DISTURBED.
- Maybe the Human Centipede 2??? It was pure horror, even more horific than the first one because it was less parodic. The Human Centipede 3 is worse in terms of story, its just gross and stupid for no reasons.

Less gross but disturbing in a good way:
- Ichi The Killer
- Come and See
- Excision

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
First movie that came to mind, kid you not, was Jesus Camp. That shit unnerved me for days.

Besides that, I'd say, for different reasons, and to varying degrees: Salo, Audition, Brokedown Palace, The Killing of the Sacred Deer, Melancholia, Happiness, Battle Royale, Boys Don't Cry, Dancer in the Dark, Funny Games, We Need To Talk About Kevin, Man Behind the Sun, In a Glass Cage, Grave of the Fireflies, Pi, When the Wind Blows, The Machinist, Guinea Pig: Flowers of Flesh and Blood, Where the Dead Go to Die.

Ampelos

a wee queer deer
I’m not into messed up stuff but when I was in high school my ex had me watch The Human Centipede and it was literally the worst, grossest, and most disturbing thing I’ve ever seen. I Do Not recommend it for anyone ever (the only good thing that came out of it was the South Park episode based on the film, but that’s literally it)

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
^----lol the textures/CGI in Honey I Shrunk the Kids was way too detailed in a gross kinda way that I've never seen before or since.

I'd have to say the Hostel movies disturbed me more than any other horror film even A Serbian Film or Martyrs or any of the other at times gorey movies.

Irreversible is maybe one of the roughest watches because of certain scenes but also just the entire atmosphere of the film that still managed to feel real.

I'd have been more disturbed by Salo if I didn't know everything that happened beforehand.

Ember_Kamura

In no particular order, assuming that ones made by some weird CGI would count. It really depends on your definition of "disturbing".

Skin Melt (That Australian Movie)
Shed 17/Project G-1
Any of those Final Destination movies

Zhalo

Rez the Wolfdog
1. Perfect Blue - Anime about a popstar who is being stalked.
2. Requiem for a Dream - Movie is about drugs and addiction. Especially disturbing if you can relate to it.
3. Synecdoche, New York - More disturbing in a depressing and existential way. I wouldn't watch this if you suffer with depression or something similar

Last edited:

Kumali

Lupine-American
Good lord - Salo, A Serbian Film, Irreversible, Requiem for a Dream...? Y'all are really jumping right into the deep end here, aren't you? :)

Haven't actually seen any of those but I've read enough about all of them to know I don't want to. (I've seen clips of most of the rougher scenes of Serbian Film, including the ending.) I've seen Cannibal Holocaust but I'll admit to skipping past the animal cruelty scenes...other than that I thought it was funny more than anything else.

Of films I actually made a serious attempt to watch I'd have to put Begotten at the top of my "Most Disturbing" list. I really was looking forward to it because the visual style is fascinating and unique, and the synopsis made it sound potentially interesting if a bit pretentious, but the violence and gore right out of the gate did me in. I can take a lot, but it was too much and too relentless even for me. Pity; it had some promise, anyway.

Other than that, interestingly enough, one of the most personally disturbing films I've seen, and one of the few I've ever walked out on (along with Begotten), was Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! Almodovar apparently intended the kidnapping and bondage to be viewed as quirkily romantic or something, but the bottom line is, it was non-consensual, and that's a hard no for me. I've been around the BDSM scene enough to know that if it ain't consensual, it's rape.

Have to think about a third one...maybe Hated, the documentary about GG Allin. (Which I've seen several times, so what does that say about me? Nothing good, probably.)

nerv

Then there is of course the infamous Human Centipede trilogy I've seen, though I think that was mostly for shock value and not something that will stay in the back of your head long.
tbh I love the Human Centipede trilogy and my sense of humor is so fucked up that I can't take those movies seriously enough. They're really humorous if you manage to get over the shock value lol

Come and See
YES!! This is a good one, I just watched this for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was freaky

First movie that came to mind, kid you not, was Jesus Camp. That shit unnerved me for days.
Interesting choice -- I've seen this too but I can't take it seriously because those people are typically very poorly educated and it shows. I heard somewhere that the one kid with the rat-tail braid votes democrat's now lmao

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I’m not into messed up stuff but when I was in high school my ex had me watch The Human Centipede and it was literally the worst, grossest, and most disturbing thing I’ve ever seen. I Do Not recommend it for anyone ever (the only good thing that came out of it was the South Park episode based on the film, but that’s literally it)
Probably the grossest premise of any movie I've seen for sure! The stupidity of some of the characters and the scientific inaccuracies and implausibilities took me out of it, though, so I eventually just ate nachos and made fun of it.

TemetNosce88

Prepare for the collapse
Brazil is up there for me. I haven't been able to watch it again yet, and it's been a number of years.

I own a copy of Come and See but haven't watched it yet.

D

Deleted member 134556

I should also mention Eraserhead by David Lynch while I'm here. It's a great horror film that goes beyond what I'd expect in terms of practical effects

Borophagus Metropolis

The official prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
It was not disturbing in a shocking/disgusting/horrific way, but it disturbed me greatly. I was a different person when I walked out of the theater, and I don't even know why. The movie wasn't exactly that great. Subliminal messages? Flashbacks? Beats me.

sleepy kitty

frisky feline
The Girl Next Door (2007)
The Green Inferno (2013)
Human Centipede (2009)

Kumali

Lupine-American
It was not disturbing in a shocking/disgusting/horrific way, but it disturbed me greatly. I was a different person when I walked out of the theater, and I don't even know why. The movie wasn't exactly that great. Subliminal messages? Flashbacks? Beats me.

The main thing I took away from it was a renewed realization of what a godawful dialogue writer James Cameron is. Cool visual effects, though.

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
The Human Centipede, of course. I am convinced that it triggered my psychotic breakdown. It's the oddly sexual and degrading nature of the mutilation that the unfortunate three suffer from. Plus I am mortally afraid of anything involving force-feeding (Even the chocolate cake scene in Matilda terrified me as a child.)

Teeth. It's actually hilarious but it deserves a mention. It's about a girl with vagina dentata... What a wonderful phrase. Vagina dentata, ain't no passing craze. It means no penis for the rest of your days. It's our problem free penectomy... Vagina dentata.

Tusk. I haven't seen it but it horrifies me.

D

Deleted member 93706

The Human Centipede, of course. I am convinced that it triggered my psychotic breakdown. It's the oddly sexual and degrading nature of the mutilation that the unfortunate three suffer from. Plus I am mortally afraid of anything involving force-feeding (Even the chocolate cake scene in Matilda terrified me as a child.)
In the beginnings of a relationship with a now-long-forgotten forum-goer, she insisted that we watch The Human Centipede. I had no idea what it was, and I wish I had never found out.

Needless to say, our tastes did not align, and the pursuit was terminated.

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
In the beginnings of a relationship with a now-long-forgotten forum-goer, she insisted that we watch The Human Centipede. I had no idea what it was, and I wish I had never found out.

Needless to say, our tastes did not align, and the pursuit was terminated.
I sympathize with you. I've seen some shit, literally.

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
Banned
i get disturbed by stuff that other people don't.

bleach commercials for example.