• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

30 Minute Song Challenge!

Draven S.

Hey, guys! I feel like this would be a fun way to show off your skills at composing in a short amount of time :3 Here are the rules:

1. No more than 30 minutes to make a song
2. Song does NOT have to be a full, complete song; 30-second samples are just as fine.
3. If you make something and it's horrible, post it here anyway! It's all for fun.
4. ANY genre is welcome.
5. Have fun!

metafang

posting to remind me to make something s;-P challenges yayy

Okay, here we go! somewhy he was stuck on FAF submission upload, so I used the old good RGHost. (if it is on russian, press скачать).
P.S. I forgot to place some cool voice sample on buildup, so there is a 2/3sec silence and it sounds like jumpscare x)
http://rghost.ru/6lpRPmh9h

Last edited:
I listened to your track. Cool thing - timing, bad thing - it is very monotonous. I understand, electro and stuff, but everywhere should be something unusual and interesting. Souncloud = hate, don't ask why. I had one, but.... gr. I won't use it anymore. Bandcamp is the best for me and us. But it'd take too long & too stupid to upload this trash to our label's official BC "^^

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
I listened to your track. Cool thing - timing, bad thing - it is very monotonous. I understand, electro and stuff, but everywhere should be something unusual and interesting. Souncloud = hate, don't ask why. I had one, but.... gr. I won't use it anymore. Bandcamp is the best for me and us. But it'd take too long & too stupid to upload this trash to our label's official BC "^^

hey thats house techno for you :p i mostly derive my works from influences like daft punk, and benny benassi. this is my better works. i only started making music i few months ago XD
edit: love fast crazy stuff like what you posted as well it just doesn't fit my maker style tho
https://soundcloud.com/djshio/cold-stars-brite-eyes

Last edited:
Hey, lemme give some advice. (i write music for since i was 10 so i can help a bit.)
1) Make percussion breaks. Your drumline is soooooooo same-ish. Add some percussion. Shakers, hi-hats, toms. And make rhythmic breaks at ends of periods.
2) REVERBS. DELAYS. EQUALISATION. EVERYWHERE. your synths have frequencial conflicts, you should make them sound on their own freqs and make them more spacious with reverbs and delays.
3) Structure. Your best track lasts 8 mins. It already repeated 5 times. Better make a 3 minute track, but make it more interesting-complicated-colorful.
4) Do experiments and don't be afraid.

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
Hey, lemme give some advice. (i write music for since i was 10 so i can help a bit.)
1) Make percussion breaks. Your drumline is soooooooo same-ish. Add some percussion. Shakers, hi-hats, toms. And make rhythmic breaks at ends of periods.
2) REVERBS. DELAYS. EQUALISATION. EVERYWHERE. your synths have frequencial conflicts, you should make them sound on their own freqs and make them more spacious with reverbs and delays.
3) Structure. Your best track lasts 8 mins. It already repeated 5 times. Better make a 3 minute track, but make it more interesting-complicated-colorful.
4) Do experiments and don't be afraid.

ill keep this in mind.