• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

30 Rock and "Plushies"

Alstor

And twice as shiny
On yesterday's episode of 30 Rock, a furry-related topic came up. When Liz was talking to Floyd's friend at Floyd's wedding, he admits he's a plushie, a person from a group of like-minded people that dress up in mascot costumes and have orgies in hotel rooms and state parks.

Here's the video: http://www.nbc.com/30-rock/video/emmanuel-goes-to-dinosaur-land/1227611 (Note that this is the whole episode, but the clip starts at 18:32.)

Basically, the writers did enough research to know what "yiffing" is yet not enough to know that furries didn't do it in a state park (yet.) I personally found it hilarous.

Thoughts and discussions and all that crap.

darzoz

I was wondering when some one would post a topic about this.

Just another faild mis-interpritation of the fandom.
EDIT: That scene in that episode made me *FacePalm*

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
I'm honestly laughing my ass of at how the actor actually presented that. Mostly deadpan with enough mockery to be hilarious.

Am I a bad furry?

Royal Flush

I wanna be elected
I watched the whole thing, It was hilarious! Not only the "plushie" part but the part when Tracy morgan ranted on about his horrid child hood

Oovie

Fabulous Secret Powers
I'm just not convinced hes a furry quite frankly, you grow like an expectancy after seeing so many photos, and I've never seen one like him.
edit: Maybe should have given him just a dab of oil...

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Lol, 30 Rock.

I still like that 1,000 Ways to Die episode better.

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
I love that show...wait what happend...
Alright.

Guy's high on shrooms wandering around in some desert.

He finds some furries yiffing, and asks to join in. He asks to join in, furries are all "haha, no way" because he doesn't have a suit.

He looks around and sees an actual bear, and decides it's close enough.

You can guess what happens next.

JoeStrike

WAY older than Mr. Black
Now I gotta update my list of tv shows that have mentioned the fandom... this is going to come in very handy...

JoeStrike

WAY older than Mr. Black
Alright.

Guy's high on shrooms wandering around in some desert.

He finds some furries yiffing, and asks to join in. He asks to join in, furries are all "haha, no way" because he doesn't have a suit.

He looks around and sees an actual bear, and decides it's close enough.

You can guess what happens next.

URBAN LEGEND...URBAN LEGEND...URBAN LEGEND (or maybe a Desert one?)

Ibuuyk

Icon made by Littlerock!
In my philosophy class, my teacher calls Furries "fluffyphiles". And she actually thinks it's the right term.

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
URBAN LEGEND...URBAN LEGEND...URBAN LEGEND (or maybe a Desert one?)
BUT IT WUZ ON TEEVEE IT HAS TO BE TRUE

And earlier? When I said "some furries yiffing"?

I actually meant about 20.

All having sex around a campfire.

And doing some sort of ritualistic dance as they fucked.

Alstor

And twice as shiny
BUT IT WUZ ON TEEVEE IT HAS TO BE TRUE

And earlier? When I said "some furries yiffing"?

I actually meant about 20.

All having sex around a campfire.

And doing some sort of ritualistic dance as they fucked.
And Pooh Bear was there to provide color commentary.

Ben

Banned
Banned
Are you nerds seriously saying you'd be mad if they had said furries?

I mean, I can understand getting upset at the CSI episode, since it's a highly popular drama, but this is a comedy for Christ's sake. Same goes for the 1000 Ways to Die episode. I mean hell, no one even watches that show-- I fail to see how blowing it out of proportion helps anything.

Getting upset over something like that would just show you lack a sense of humour, and be far worse for the image of furry if anything.

Last edited:

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
And Pooh Bear was there to provide color commentary.
Hah, I totally forgot about that.

I mean, I can understand getting upset at the CSI episode, since it's a highly popular drama, but this is a comedy for Christ's sake. Same goes for the 1000 Ways to Die episode. I mean hell, no one even watches that show-- I fail to see how blowing it out of proportion helps anything.

Getting upset over something like that would just show you lack a sense of humour, and be far worse for the image of furry if anything.
I wasn't upset, I just kinda laughed through the thing. Of course, I always do, but this time there were furries involved in the stupidity.

Ben

Banned
Banned
I wasn't upset, I just kinda laughed through the thing. Of course, I always do, but this time there were furries involved in the stupidity.

I know, I'm just addressing the people who are like "Well thank HEAVENS they didn't mention furries!" Shit like that proves this forum is hardly any different from most other furry forums.

Hell, if I had any reason to believe furries wouldn't sperg out over something like this, I'd wish they had said furries, so people could see that we don't have paper thin skin. Too bad the most vocal ones are just the opposite.

Alstor

And twice as shiny

I'm not mad. The writers wanted the character to be a freak, and they thought "mascot sex" was good enough. It's just comedy.

No "FURSECUTION!!!!!!1" rants were made yet, so I'll bet this will blow off.

EDIT: Oh, I get it now.

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
I know, I'm just addressing the people who are like "Well thank HEAVENS they didn't mention furries!" Shit like that proves this forum is hardly any different from most other furry forums.

Well, the people whining about it prove that a small amount is like other forums.

It's the other people telling them to suck it up that makes us better.

Ben

Banned
Banned
Well, the people whining about it prove that a small amount is like other forums.

It's the other people telling them to suck it up that makes us better.

The irony is, some of the people who are saying this are the ones who constantly try to claim this forum is better than the others.

EDIT: Oh, I get it now.

Yyyeeeah.

Am I a bad furry?

Quite the opposite. Keep it up. :V