• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

OTaintedLoveO

glowing objects! :D
I haz a 360! yay~should i get live or not? i only have modern warfare ONE atm... how much is live and what can i do with it? o.0

Riptor

Ran Out Of User Titles
Now, I never had Live Gold, and don't really plan on doing so, so take this with a grain of salt. Other people might agree with me on this, I dunno. But basically, unless you have a TON of friends who play online, you'll most likely be stuck playing with a bunch of homophobic 12 year olds, maybe a hacker or two.

And it's like $50 a month, so you really want to be sure you have a TON of people you trust to be civil before you pay for it.

Like I said, I only have Silver, so maybe other people will do a better job of convincing you.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
there are a few advantages:
-online multiplayer (riptor has a good pont there though)
-voice chat
-party chat
-video chat (if you buy the camera. but srsly? dont X3)
-access to demos one week before silver members can download them
-1 vs. 100 where you can win prizes
and thats about it i guess^^
like riptor said, if you dont have friends to talk to or play with a silver membership is good enough. and if you change your mind later you can always upgrade it to gold

Metal_Skunk

Now, I never had Live Gold, and don't really plan on doing so, so take this with a grain of salt. Other people might agree with me on this, I dunno. But basically, unless you have a TON of friends who play online, you'll most likely be stuck playing with a bunch of homophobic 12 year olds, maybe a hacker or two.

And it's like $50 a month, so you really want to be sure you have a TON of people you trust to be civil before you pay for it.

Like I said, I only have Silver, so maybe other people will do a better job of convincing you.

Actually its $50 a year.

TheSanitySapper

Trok Kemlan

...$50 a month?

Riptor may have made a typo on that one. It's $50 a year, and $20 for 3 months, as previously stated.

Now...The Xbox Live community isn't all that bad. It's like any other form of online gaming. You've got your knights in one area, and your trolls in another. If they come into contact, sure, there's going to be Hell, though the chances of that happening are extremely slim, as, well, they're few trolls on Live.

All in all, you shouldn't focus on filling up your friends list right away. Focus more on having a good time with the game your playing online rather than the community...then get yourself involved a bit more.

Also, Xbox Live seems to be on the rage here at FAF...so why not ask a few of us if we'd be up for a game? Hell, I'd be more than willing to play with you! ^^

LotsOfNothing

Banned
Banned
Forever, as far as I see it. There's been such an outcry about the leaked documents, they'd be fools to actually execute it.

Also the PC's starting to see an end to it, if Activision has any say in it, which they obviously do.

Shark_the_raptor

I'm in love with a pizza.
Forever, as far as I see it. There's been such an outcry about the leaked documents, they'd be fools to actually execute it.

Also the PC's starting to see an end to it, if Activision has any say in it, which they obviously do.

Well, I'll be glad if it stays free. It's awesome as it is (for a free service).

Edit: Also there's still plenty of people playing MW so no worries of finding a match. I think you should get the 3 month thing and try it for yourself. That way if you don't like it, it'll only be a 20 dollar waste instead of 50. And if you do, well, that's 3 months you have to enjoy it.

Last edited:

LotsOfNothing

Banned
Banned
what

I don't even like Modern Warfare, don't bring that piece of crap up with me.

Oh you're talking to him.

I

Ishnuvalok

This is why you should just pirate Activision's games.

The PSN premium service will just add a bunch of stuff to the current PSN. You won't loose/gain anything, unless you upgrade to PSN premium.

Metal_Skunk

Also, I remember getting a month free trial of Gold membership when I went Silver for the first time. I didn't have to give any credit card number or anything. So you might want to check that out as well.

The Walkin Dude

Now with 20% more boring...
Definately not worth it. My 360 died with about six months left on the Live subcription. Not to mention everyone I encountered on X-Box Live was an obnixious tween (though, I guess that could be the case anywhere) I figured I'd eat the $25 loss and opt for a PS3 insted of buying another piece of shit X-box...

I reccommend doing the same.

Captain Spyro

Heart of the DragonStar
I haven't done it and I have no reason to. I have three games for my 360 in total and of those three, only Forza Motorsprt 2 & 3 are capable of that. However, I'm perfectly fine racing by myself as FM3 especially is an awesome game by itself.

I might subscribe eventually, but at this rate, no thanks.