• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

3D Action Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please god help me. I really just need an old school full 3D action adventure title. I have been scouring all the major storefronts.
Here's what I *don't* want.

-full blown RPG's
-open world
-crafting (like MineCraft/StarBound/Terraria, little material based upgrade stuff like in Jedi Fallen Order or Kingdom Hearts 3 is fine)
-rogues

If it's like Ratchet and Clank, N64/GameCube Zelda, Jak and Daxter, Hat in Time, Control, or Mario Sunshine that'd be great. There has to be some sort of gem I'm skipping over.
I just need a fun adventure that gets right into it; where I find new tools/abilities, fight big bosses, solve puzzles, jump and climb, beat shit up, and move on to the next area using things I got in the last. Stuff that doesn't waste my time or try to be every goddamn genre under the sun. Something until Balan WonderWorld, and Ratchet and Clank come out. :l

Hound-of-chulainn

If you're into games with good fighting mechanics, DMC 3/4/5 or Killer is Dead were pretty nice. The plots are pretty edgy, but if you can enjoy it or look past it, the gameplay is pretty polished. Bastion was pretty good as well, it's 3D but the camera is isometic.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Banned
Banned
If you're into games with good fighting mechanics, DMC 3/4/5 or Killer is Dead were pretty nice. The plots are pretty edgy, but if you can enjoy it or look past it, the gameplay is pretty polished. Bastion was pretty good as well, it's 3D but the camera is isometic.
i'm sorry but did you just suggest devil may cry as an adventure title?

I keep looking at Yooka Laylee 1, dreaming that this game was good but remembering how disappointingly awful it was.
The second one is SO fucking great, but it's 2D. At least there's Hat in Time, but god, why settle for one game when both could be good, you know? :(

Sonic Adventure DX & Sonic Adventure 2
I've literally beaten every major 3D platformer everyone played as a kid.
I figured it was apparent the thread was for naming lesser known titles that have released in the last 10 years or so that might have slipped through the cracks like Spark 2 or something.

zandelux

The original Spyro the Dragon games are fantastic. Haven't played the later games, but there's a remaster of the original trilogy that's supposed to be good.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
They just released a new Crash Bandicoot title, maybe try that and see if it holds up with earlier entries. I also recommend Bloodstained:ritual of the night. Real proper tribute to metroidvanias that has all the good puzzle play and boss mechanics you are looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.