• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

5/17 Site Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaylorxxWolfie

ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!
It blows my mind that people go out of their way to ruin the fandom. It makes me cringe that people can be that mean. I really don't know what to do without FA. This sucks. Go get him Dragoneer! Go super saiyan and kick their ass! (By that I mean go restore the site)

NplusD

Well darn. I registered in the past 6 days. I suppose that I'll have to reregister again after this all goes through, and try to find the folks who was commissioning me and such...

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
You make that sound so easy. "Well, they should just counter them!" It's hard to counter an attack you don't know. How do you think anti-virus software works? It can only stop viruses that are already in its database. You're really looking for them to wave a magic wand and turn the site into an impregnable fortress, and it's not that simple. The reason big sites like Amazon or Twitter or Facebook don't go down often (and even they do sometimes go down!) is because they have deep, deep pockets. FA does not.
It'd be the same as asking your body to be pre-immune to all illnesses.

Takura

Oi Vey. Lord knows what's with anti furs
I don't get their problem either. There's weirdos in EVERY fandom. that doesn't mean the whole fandom is weird. The majority of us furries don't hurt anyone so...I don't see why they hate us so

Orca1

What would one even gain from this? I mean, there are people here who do this to get by, and some asshole is just going to up and ruin that? If you find the culprit, try to press charges. Seriously, this stuff should be illegal.

I'm pretty sure this would be considered cyber-crime, if not cyber-terrorism. In any case, Dragoneer and the rest of the FurAffinity senior staff would be well advised to bring this matter to the attention of the FBI.

mikead999

It blows my mind that people go out of their way to ruin the fandom. It makes me cringe that people can be that mean. I really don't know what to do without FA. This sucks. Go get him Dragoneer! Go super saiyan and kick their ass! (By that I mean go restore the site)

We don't know that it was a hater on the fandom.

ZX6R

I'm pretty sure this would be considered cyber-crime, if not cyber-terrorism. In any case, Dragoneer and the rest of the FurAffinity senior staff would be well advised to bring this matter to the attention of the FBI.
Yeah, and physically passing around drives with source code on it I'm sure would peak their interest.

mikead999

I just had a thought. If someone hacked FA for the pleasure of it, the only people reacting are us. So they would be watching this forum, wouldn't they?

Takura

You make that sound so easy. "Well, they should just counter them!" It's hard to counter an attack you don't know. How do you think anti-virus software works? It can only stop viruses that are already in its database. You're really looking for them to wave a magic wand and turn the site into an impregnable fortress, and it's not that simple. The reason big sites like Amazon or Twitter or Facebook don't go down often (and even they do sometimes go down!) is because they have deep, deep pockets. FA does not.
Well maybe FA needs to be run by someone who does have big pockets and is able to pay for better security. But really, who has that kind of money and that is a furry? Not being offensive but I've never heard of furries with thousands or millions of cash.

TaylorxxWolfie

ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!
We don't know that it was a hater on the fandom.
True, but why else would anyone do it to FA out of all the websites on the internet?

deragorka

Dragon.rar
I agree, Saiko. Hell. After the umpteenth DDOS you'd think they'd figure out that folks just wanna bring FA to it's knees in some fashion. It's a shame all that all the money made from the sale to IMVU couldn't stop source code loopholes. Yes, it's hard or near impossible to catch everything, but with extra funding like that...how can you allow yourself to just not scrutinize it more frequently? And holy shit. 6 days since the last backup? My computer backs up more frequently than that. Why not set the update process to run during the times of the lest use? It's not optimal, but it protects data so it should be considered worth it.

KimButt

I don't get their problem either. There's weirdos in EVERY fandom. that doesn't mean the whole fandom is weird. The majority of us furries don't hurt anyone so...I don't see why they hate us so

I mean, I'm new in the fandom of furries, but honestly no one here hurts anyone. But of course, people have to stir shit up -_-

If anything, (no offense to anyone) the Anime fandom is way worse than the furries fandom

AliothFox

That High-Flyin' Foxy
Well maybe FA needs to be run by someone who does have big pockets and is able to pay for better security. But really, who has that kind of money and that is a furry? Not being offensive but I've never heard of furries with thousands or millions of cash.

That's exactly my point. If FA had the money, they could certainly do much more than what they're doing now, but no one in the furry fandom has that kind of cash, and no one outside of the furry fandom wants to invest that kind of money in the furry fandom.

mikead999

That's a roundabout way of calling the owner of the site poor. I'll bet they're not though.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
I mean, I'm new in the fandom of furries, but honestly no one here hurts anyone. But of course, people have to stir shit up -_-

If anything, (no offense to anyone) the Anime fandom is way worse than the furries fandom
did you know we are cousins with anime fandom AND the scifi fandom...

only difference is that you dig deep enough in furry you find us be on equal with those two

zilchfox

That's exactly my point. If FA had the money, they could certainly do much more than what they're doing now, but no one in the furry fandom has that kind of cash, and no one outside of the furry fandom wants to invest that kind of money in the furry fandom.
I guess IMVU can't spend any of their millions of dollars in revenue towards FA, which they own, if that's truly the case.

Takura

LOL I guess people just think we're a bunch of sick fucks who like to fuck animals or something...people who fuck animals aren't exactly 'furries' those are zoophiles. And I guess once in awhile a zoophile does try to be in the furry fandom, but I would think most furries would reject that.

LOL the anime fandom is so....cringy. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy anime (mostly the older ones) but the fandom can be...cringy. Especially weeaboos...my god. And now we have Koreaboos which is just as annoying. I'll admit, I had a small weeaboo phase when I was in high school, but then I grew up.

Takura

Sad, but true =/

Status
Not open for further replies.