• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

5/17 Site Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elf-cat

I judge a book by it's cover, & I'm 75% correct!
Well, okay... then why not make anthropomorphism (being a furry) into a religion. Then maybe we can actually acquire more freedom and rights, and less likely to be attacked because hackers would be breaking a more serious law.
Just an idea though.

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
The reasonable amount of effort the person went through to distribute the information suggests they aren't a fan on the site/members, and were probs also doing it for the bantz.
I mean, if it were just for the hell of it or because they could, they could've just outed the site themselves?

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
Well, okay... then why not make anthropomorphism (being a furry) into a religion. Then maybe we can actually acquire more freedom and rights, and less likely to be attacked because hackers would be breaking a more serious law.
Actually, I feel like making a religion of it would mean it being attacked more than it already is.
Pushing things in peoples faces is like asking them to hate it.

foxenbperry

after you mentioned it, Im almost tempted to try that out XD

Why not? I've still got my VHS tapes from when I was a kid and a good ol' VCR and tube TV..a cuddly maine coon cat and powdered donuts..what about you guys? I mean.. though FA is nice to have.. its only a site...our lives as humans doesn't revolve around being online. See you all on the flipside!

Bourbon.

The reasonable amount of effort the person went through to distribute the information suggests they aren't a fan on the site/members, and were probs also doing it for the bantz.
I mean, if it were just for the hell of it or because they could, they could've just outed the site themselves?
By distributing it, it allows it to get in as many hands as possible, also insuring as much damage is done as possible and ups their anonymity so it's harder to track down who the source is.

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
By distributing it, it allows it to get in as many hands as possible, also insuring as much damage is done as possible and ups their anonymity so it's harder to track down who the source is.
Oh I understand all that perfectly, and it makes sense.
Just noticing a lot of people seem to be blaming some prank-pulling kid for all this.
Some "kid" wouldn't think up such an elaborate plan. And kids love claiming responsibility for something big.

Bourbon.

Oh I understand all that perfectly, and it makes sense.
Just noticing a lot of people seem to be blaming some prank-pulling kid for all this.
Some "kid" wouldn't think up such an elaborate plan.
Kids these days get up to a lot of shit for kicks. Along with intellect comes a morbid need to fuck shit up just to see if you can get away with it.

I, personally, don't think it's just some young barely out of HS kid. Probably more likely to be someone who's been in the fandom for awhile and is bitter.

Like half of this thread:
attachment.php

Sorry, as someone who's been with FA from the beginning, I laugh at people who flip out over something that is (currently) fairly insignificant. And also, in the long run, and bigger picture, is insignificant.

Last edited:

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
Kids these days get up to a lot of shit for kicks. Along with intellect comes a morbid need to fuck shit up just to see if you can get away with it.

I, personally, don't think it's just some young barely out of HS kid. Probably more likely to be someone who's been in the fandom for awhile and is bitter.
Agreed.
Not to mention if a kid were good at hacking, I couldn't see them targeting a furry site.
They'd be more likely to use their skills to hack into personal stuff of the people they hate.
Kids can be smart, but they're pretty naive.

KaiyaShadowBlaze

What I want to know is this:
How could they get whole of the sites code? I mean... only one way I know for sure that, that person could do that is if they worked in the company that runs FA, through like server or something place like that. Because that is one sure way to get the sites code and everything. Every users profile, sent messages, art, journals, favorited art, watchers, all of it, the whole nine yards.

Athiesh

I'm scared for when the servers are back online. Its going to the friendliest, potentially horniest DDOS they ever dealt with :p

UsernamePending

If it helps at all, I still have a number of tabs open that do not yet have me locked out. They should all be from yesterday, although I'm not completely sure what time they were brought up. Any attempt to open a new FA tab loads the locked site.

Bourbon.

What I want to know is this:
How could they get whole of the sites code? I mean... only one way I know for sure that, that person could do that is if they worked in the company that runs FA, through like server or something place like that. Because that is one sure way to get the sites code and everything. Every users profile, sent messages, art, journals, favorited art, watchers, all of it, the whole nine yards.
Exploits in scripts and plug-ins that are used on the site can be exploited and give access to a site's coding. They pretty much already explained how this happened.

I doubt it'd be an ex-FA staff member. More likely it's one of the ones who want to see FA die just because they hate the site or Dragoneer or any myriad of petty reasons. This is not the first time FA's gone down over petty shit.

I'm 100% sure that's exactly what it is. I feel people hate furries a lot less than they used to. While many do still hate us, there's a lot of shit INSIDE the fandom that seems more at-risk, and people who feel exceptionally victimized by FA for some reason are probably the most likely to do this sorta shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.