• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

5/17 Site Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxWolfie

Pee-Stinky Raccoon
It's looking good for FA. Direct links to submissions on t.facdn.net are working. Example
I kept a direct link to everything I've ever submitted, and even my most recent submissions are still intact. I hope that means everyone else's stuff is successfully recovered too.

Kafj302

Just hanging around.
I had an account here for some time, never really used it, but I'm here none the less. I hope our beloved site is back up an running soon (and yes I know there is ETA on it yet).
For the future NEVER plug in and unknown USB into a computer that is A) connected to the net B) has files you want to keep safe. The simplest hack is that of leaving a USB laying around, and then someone will pick it, and infect thier computer.

jup-reindeer

Not everyone is perfect, not many sites are perfect (apparently Google is since they challenged hackers to break their codes)...

I fear Google. I really do. They're going in with their own OS, trying to make the computing world their own. Plus, they are sending out all these physical world torpedoes...I mean self driving cars. And trying for all so much more. What's next? Google ICBM's???

Bourbon.

I had an account here for some time, never really used it, but I'm here none the less. I hope our beloved site is back up an running soon (and yes I know there is ETA on it yet).
For the future NEVER plug in and unknown USB into a computer that is A) connected to the net B) has files you want to keep safe. The simplest hack is that of leaving a USB laying around, and then someone will pick it, and infect thier computer.
That's not really relevant here. The USBs were being used to distribute a copy of the database code that the hackers had already accessed through site vulnerabilities.

SilverDragarian

I fear Google. I really do. They're going in with their own OS, trying to make the computing world their own. Plus, they are sending out all these physical world torpedoes...I mean self driving cars. And trying for all so much more. What's next? Google ICBM's???

i hope not it would be a disaster. i mean really how many would miss as they search for there target..

Diaszoom

The Iron Heart Lion
Now, be honest. Raise your hand...

How many of you created FA Forums accounts just because of this.

*Raises hand*:(

*Raises paw* I just hope that everything be okay, that things work pratical and fast. Good Luck to Furaffinity and us!
xwx'

Keira_Lunar

Proffesor Kikinoe
i hope not it would be a disaster. i mean really how many would miss as they search for there target..

i don't mind google the Search engine but what it is now *shudders* its like its trying to become the online empire and now its slowly becomeing Skynet ....OH GOD NO get that image out of my Feline Head * scratches her hair trying to get the memory out *

Keira_Lunar

Proffesor Kikinoe
- raises his fluffy paw - I hope everything will get fixed soon.

i still wonder just how many of us FA users just recently made an account for this forum site just to talk

but then again with FA down what else can we do to communicate its not like we are on a big social chat service like Gamevox , Team speak , Discord , Skype

CoonArt

Lookin' fur ya trashies...
OH GREEEEEEEEEEAT..... Bye horse pictures...... Thank goodness I have a backup of those...

nyannom1

Now, be honest. Raise your hand...

How many of you created FA Forums accounts just because of this.

*Raises hand*:(
I am guilty of it, yes. *raises hand*
I think I might use this account anyways, just in case my simpleton brain cannot comprehend the letter Q or something.
Still sucks about what's happening here too. I uploaded about 5+ submissions that I need to reupload, but that's sort of my fault as well. I need to stop uploading in short spurts and keep to an even schedule.
The only personal benefit I could ever find here is the fact that it's going to be dead/finals week, and I won't get distracted I guess. Actually, in retrospect, I'll be checking this forum constantly to see if a possible ETA has been established yet.
Anyways, I hope that the people at FA can get this situation straightened out, I miss looking at all of your cool artwork.

coyoteOdin

I hope that the site budekt restored and re-start to work as soon as possible.
This question - I understand that such an attack is a criminal offense - so - it may be worth to attract to the case police to catch and arrest the criminals who had organized this attack?

PS sorry for my english. I'm not very good speak english

Keira_Lunar

Proffesor Kikinoe
I am guilty of it, yes. *raises hand*
I think I might use this account anyways, just in case my simpleton brain cannot comprehend the letter Q or something.
Still sucks about what's happening here too. I uploaded about 5+ submissions that I need to reupload, but that's sort of my fault as well. I need to stop uploading in short spurts and keep to an even schedule.
The only personal benefit I could ever find here is the fact that it's going to be dead/finals week, and I won't get distracted I guess. Actually, in retrospect, I'll be checking this forum constantly to see if a possible ETA has been established yet.
Anyways, I hope that the people at FA can get this situation straightened out, I miss looking at all of your cool artwork.

indeed the sooner the ETA is annouced the better

i miss looking at the creativity of my fellow watchers

guess still then we are all stuck in Forum Limbo

*sighs* i guess i should stop stalling and at least get these dishes washed

marcwolf

Auzzie Wolf
Sadly this hack has not just hit Furaffinity. A lot of sites are reporting that the ImageMagic app has made them vunerable and they have been damaged.
I can also sympathies with the admins here re the backups. Backup tech has not progressed at the same speed as data storage.. and the hardware and software needed to run a constant transactional based backup is not cheap.

nyannom1

indeed the sooner the ETA is annouced the better

i miss looking at the creativity of my fellow watchers

guess still then we are all stuck in Forum Limbo

*sighs* i guess i should stop stalling and at least get these dishes washed
I honestly should be asleep by now, it's 11:07 P.M. in my timezone, haha. But hey, I'd rather be here! Better than any dream I might have (of course if it's not lucid)

Keira_Lunar

Proffesor Kikinoe
Sadly this hack has not just hit Furaffinity. A lot of sites are reporting that the ImageMagic app has made them vunerable and they have been damaged.
I can also sympathies with the admins here re the backups. Backup tech has not progressed at the same speed as data storage.. and the hardware and software needed to run a constant transactional based backup is not cheap.

so this is a sorta like a DDOS attack ?

i hated when that happen to steam at around the Xmas sale

Keira_Lunar

Proffesor Kikinoe
I honestly should be asleep by now, it's 11:07 P.M. in my timezone, haha. But hey, I'd rather be here! Better than any dream I might have (of course if it's not lucid)

heh heh just can't stop watching the comments roll in its 2:10PM for me i have 20 minuets before i have to wash the dishes wether i like it or not

but im sure i will be back to monitor the comment streaming in

Fawk

I don't like people
so this is a sorta like a DDOS attack ?

i hated when that happen to steam at around the Xmas sale
No, this is very different. A DDoS only keeps people from accessing the server that hosts the website.
This time around someone found a way in using stolen source code and started deleting things off the servers. Most the stuff that was deleted is able to be recovered using a backup, but anything newly submitted will have been lost and will have to be resubmitted by users.

Status
Not open for further replies.