• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

5/17 Site Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winterbeast

Wind Breaker
Why is easy. anyone who has lost an account by admin action is a potential hacker. The reasoning being If I can't have access, then no one can.

Lunarmagic

Information Tech. Helping the general public
It is a little saddening that there is not an incremental backup on the site. (For those who do dot know, it is one that sees a difference, or additional info and bucks up those changes while not having to back up the whole server.) It is generally more efficient than doing a full and you do a full back up at times that the servers are taking the least amount of stress. If that had happened then you could have saved a bit more data. This is just personal thoughts as an Information Technician (IT) though with no knowledge as to how much the people working there know what they are doing, nor knowing what equipment they are working with. I know personally that The Navy utilizes this technique and, generally, Has some of the most out dated equipment out there, ie. Windows XP and Vista. Just general concerns/advice. If I am wrong about anything I would be happy to hear from you.

MaverickHunterDBoy

Maverick Hunter D-Boy reporting!
Great. At best, I like to pretend that Peeves (the poltergeist from Harry Potter) likes to pull this crap to cause site downtime.

But, for hacking and stuff, yeah, some people have nothing better to do than to make others' lives miserable.

Fordoxia

... I know personally that The Navy utilizes this technique and, generally, Has some of the most out dated equipment out there, ie. Windows XP and Vista. Just general concerns/advice. If I am wrong about anything I would be happy to hear from you.

No, no... The United States Strategic Command's nuclear missile silos have the most outdated equipment. 8-inch floppies!

Heartstring the Pony

The Abiding Horse
I really don't wanna wait for FA for days or even weeks! I won't stand it!! :mad:
Calm down, they're clearly working as fast as they can to get the issue resolved, and an attack like this is both unusual and extreme.

What they don't need right now is people getting pissy at them while they try to resolve it.

Sorry, I don't mean to be a white knight or anything, but your constant posting and demanding to get the site back up annoyed me.

HalouDoval

Can't wait to sit down and spend my time figuring out what I've been doing between the 11th and 17th of May, when, or if, this issue gets resolved.
It's gonna be great....

Jane_M_J

Calm down, they're clearly working as fast as they can to get the issue resolved, and an attack like this is both unusual and extreme.

What they don't need right now is people getting pissy at them while they try to resolve it.

Sorry, I don't mean to be a white knight or anything, but your constant posting and demanding to get the site back up annoyed me.
I'm sorry! I've got a panick. Earlier I didn't know what ETA means but now I know and... I'm still sad. :(

StarApple

I know what I was doing, and now i get to do it for 2 more days sadly. Re-adding all the accounts I watch to a new account is...time consuming at best. Oh well. At least it's less work than the FA staff is having to do.

Storok

670 blp
ETA means "Estimated time of arrival" for everyone that doesnt know untill now

masahikoko

makes me glad I don't use notes for commission info, and an outside form maker to get all that. at least this way i can still work on current coms even if i can't get any new ones (or far less than i otherwise would), and have alternate contact info for commissioners, until the site is back up. I hope you're able to fix it soon! good luck.

HalouDoval

I don't think the site staff are paying much attention to this threat right now.

Bourbon.

This is a little disappointing because I was getting pretty close to 5000 watchers and I was pretty excited, and rolling the database back by a week is going to knock me back down a bit.

Will those of us who have an ad be compensated for an extended downtime (if it persists for long, I mean)?

RTDragon

RTP User
To be honest i'm not really surprised at this. Considering of all the art sites i'm FA is the one that goes down often and considering this was another exploit. From all sites i can completely understand downtime. Though it's also a good thing to branch out on other sites and not just use the same site.

Status
Not open for further replies.