• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

5/17 Site Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modestyshorts

Completely off-topic:

Er, I like both. All the art I follow on DA is either furry style art or anime/manga style art. I guess I'm some kind of weirdo. (wavy noodle arms)

Anyway I would follow more anime/manga art but I don't know any site specifically for anime style art. I know like four furry sites. (including this one)

Anyway, sorry for the OT. That statement I read caught my eye since I'm the exact opposite of that statement. I guess it could be one of those things where not all anime fans are furry haters but most furry haters are anime fans....maybe? o_O

As an old die-hard anime Otaku from the 80's, I can say that I like both as well ^.^ The furries I've come to know over the years are largely anime fans as well (to some degree between 'yea it's neat' to crazy about it like me). The anime otaku I do know who aren't furries often poke fun at the fandom in jest - they throw around insults like 'disgusting perverts' as a joke, knowing how ironic it is due to their own tastes. Not trying to say that this is the case for every anime fan taking a shot at furries, but the people who I know or casually chat with, this is almost always the case :>

In my head this fandom and anime have always sort of gone hand-in-hand more or less. There's a lot of crossover, in both style and intellectual property I think.

Keira_Lunar

Proffesor Kikinoe
As an old die-hard anime Otaku from the 80's, I can say that I like both as well ^.^ The furries I've come to know over the years are largely anime fans as well (to some degree between 'yea it's neat' to crazy about it like me). The anime otaku I do know who aren't furries often poke fun at the fandom in jest - they throw around insults like 'disgusting perverts' as a joke, knowing how ironic it is due to their own tastes. Not trying to say that this is the case for every anime fan taking a shot at furries, but the people who I know or casually chat with, this is almost always the case :>

In my head this fandom and anime have always sort of gone hand-in-hand more or less. There's a lot of crossover, in both style and intellectual property I think.

so since im a Furry and Anime lover what dose that make me then ?

ohtar

Overworked & Underpaid
I don't understand why they can't just 'plug the hole' and move on.

and then when someone gets right back in through a new hole they punched because the staff merely put a band-aid over the problem rather than try to ensure it wont happen again, I imagine you'll be just fine with that and wont complain about the downtime at all, right?

quoting_mungo

Things are coming along, and I can confirm that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Still can't give y'all an ETA, I'm afraid, but the techs have really worked their tail ends off, and I think they deserve all credit and appreciation for the hard work!

I really hope my ref would been saved, It's older than 6 days, and i put it in Furaffinity on last year. I hope i could get access to my ref sheet again as I don't have it on computer anymore, atleast can't find it
Anything older than May 11 is definitely safe. Has been all along, since it would have been included in the full backup.

TaylorxxWolfie

ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!
image.jpeg

Keira_Lunar

Proffesor Kikinoe
Things are coming along, and I can confirm that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Still can't give y'all an ETA, I'm afraid, but the techs have really worked their tail ends off, and I think they deserve all credit and appreciation for the hard work!

Anything older than May 11 is definitely safe. Has been all along, since it would have been included in the full backup.

* offers hugs and hot chocolate drinks to the staff * glad to hear the process of recovery is going somewhat smoothly

PheagleAdler

IMVU I think realized long time ago that they were living in pinky dreamland about what FA is (they thought IMVU community = furry comunity), and how they can earn money with it and actually it was a waste, so they probably cut funding.

As for FA, the code is as ancient as the pyramids, outdated and botched, totally unsuitable for today's technological level. Trying to patch it around is like thinking that if you sharpen your chipped sword you are still good to go against a modern army with assault rifles and tanks.

FA needs to be rewritten FROM SCRATCH.

And seeing how fixing even the most minor issues takes them several months, that's not gonna happen. They will ducts-tape the pieces together so it runs for a few more months until it falls apart again.
Must be strong duct tape, it's been holding for quite a while.

Hassat Hunter

Yay for progress!
I know right. But sadly it's not even a fluke since I still see it happen regularly. Maybe just a Steam thing though... hopefully (Steam community kinda sucks in general anyway).

Keira_Lunar

Proffesor Kikinoe
Someone that is involved in more than one fandom? :p

heh thats for sure i love anime as its the only GOOD thing to watch on TV everyhing else is so cringy or depressing or the kind of comedy that has so many forced laugh tracks that it makes me facepaw so much i have a mild crator in my forhead

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
Yay for progress!

I know right. But sadly it's not even a fluke since I still see it happen regularly. Maybe just a Steam thing though... hopefully (Steam community kinda sucks in general anyway).
The way I see it a lot of the Steam community are in fact closet furries and just choose to bash on them out of fear of ridicule.
Not to mention the anime fandom gets a lot of bashing too, so I guess they find it refreshing to give others the same toxic treatment they receive.
It's like gays pretending to be straight just so they can make friends.

Keira_Lunar

Proffesor Kikinoe
The way I see it a lot of the Steam community are in fact closet furries and just choose to bash on them out of fear of ridicule.
It's like gays pretending to be straight just so they can make friends.

im always bashed its just something i come to accept as im bashed for being a furry , autuism , my life style , behaivor , likes its all used as animuntion to make me upset at least i have 250 Good friends on Steam

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
im always bashed its just something i come to accept as im bashed for being a furry , autuism , my life style , behaivor , likes its all used as animuntion to make me upset at least i have 250 Good friends on Steam
I've never personally received much hate for what I do, but even if I did, there's far bigger things I should be worrying about than some sweaty neck beards giving me grief from their mothers basements.
I've learned to find amusement in the fact that some people are willing to invest so much time in trying to make others feel bad.
They're wasting their time on someone who doesn't give a toss.

Elohiim_Koshiiri

Terradorable
Dragoneer

we are scanning other sites that have been known to attack FA, if we spot anything we will let you know. All of our members have been instructed to be on the lookout for anyone or anything pertaining to the breach in security.

Goodluck on fixing the servers.

MorganaTheUnicorn

FA could really use a Discord group I think :3

I agree! ... so I made an unofficial FA chat on Dsicord. I'm not sure if someone has already beat me to the punch on this one, but the channel is called The Furpocalpyse. Open to anyone that wants to pass some time while we wait! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.