• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

5/17 Site Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyannom1

GUYS GUYS! I was on the way back from Austin and stopped to get some noms, and the guy who makes the noms looks at me and the hubby and asks "Are you two furries?" And we have to ask him to repeat his question like 3 times because we were making sure that's what he was asking. So then we said and yes and he got all excited! I've never seen this guy before in this place of noms....SO DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS?!?

FA is down so we has to climb out of holes and explore the outernet! O_O
I have yet to look outside my hole and find furries, though, there aren't too many I can find in my age group at the moment.

Tali Aurora

Twilight is right, and so are the others. We need to stop panicking, assuming the worst, and accusing one-another of hacking. The staff will handle this. They're trying to do their job, and panicking and starting a riot won't help them. In fact it may just hinder them, as they will have to stop working on fixing the website to calm the floods of furries/anthropomorphs rioting on the forums and caps-locking on everyone.

KazWolf

"We've made excellent progress on cleaning up the current issues. We don't have an ETA, but will update you as soon as we know.", does this mean that we are getting FurAffinity soon back and running? Take your time Furaffinity staff, but just wanted to know if this means something good

To everyone who is still ranting
Guys this isn't a rant thread. Stop fighting and accusing people of hacking. If you do not stop ranting I will post a graphic picture of heart surgery. I am trying to help staff right now, and this huge bold italic underlined red text is only to get your attention. Also I love General Grievous. Please don't fight just... be helpful. We need supportive, helpful people here not fighting, ranting, crazy people.

Tali Aurora

"We've made excellent progress on cleaning up the current issues. We don't have an ETA, but will update you as soon as we know.", does this mean that we are getting FurAffinity soon back and running? Take your time Furaffinity staff, but just wanted to know if this means something good
I hope this is resolved soon. At least have the website back in our hands/paws/claws/talons/fins/any other appendage. They may have to change the code or change websites entirely. If the source-code is out there, then the website and our information is unsafe and in the hands of not-so-good people.

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
Well, they did say "excellent progress", so I assume that can only be good.
Chances are the site will be back before the weeks end.

Tali Aurora

To everyone who is still ranting
Guys this isn't a rant thread. Stop fighting and accusing people of hacking. If you do not stop ranting I will post a graphic picture of heart surgery. I am trying to help staff right now, and this huge bold italic underlined red text is only to get your attention. Also I love General Grievous. Please don't fight just... be helpful. We need supportive, helpful people here not fighting, ranting, crazy people.
Agreed. Let's relax, let the staff to their job, and have some pad-thai while we're waiting. Peanut sauce anyone?

If I was the hacker, I'd come on and have my username as "hacker" and say
"Huehuehue hi I'm the hacker I killed FurAffinity please kill me huehuehue"

But then, that's just me

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
For all we know they could end up working on an entirely new site, whilst allowing members to use the old site until it's done.
Kinda like having to use an old broken phone until you buy a new one.

PheagleAdler

If I was the hacker, I'd come on and have my username as "hacker" and say
"Huehuehue hi I'm the hacker I killed FurAffinity please kill me huehuehue"

But then, that's just me

You would be crucified by about half the forum user base probably.

LyrrenClock

Blarg~
For all we know they could end up working on an entirely new site, whilst allowing members to use the old site until it's done.
Kinda like having to use an old broken phone until you buy a new one.
if that is what needs to be done I am not opposed to this at all especialy if they import all our submissions and such so we dont lose everything I'd rather they take their time and do it right instead of half assed and it fall to pieces right after you know what I mean?

But the outernet is scary and I'll get in trouble for biting people.

It was really hard for me too but he was behind the counter making noms and I am a short so it would be impossible for me to reach him.

this oddly just made my day lets all go out there and explore the physical realm we all exsist in and not socialize just purely text XD now my curiosity is how they were even prompted to even ask that of you two? Cause to me thats a weird out of the blue question even for other furs to toss out in public due to how people tend to react to it

^_^ It made my day better too! My mother ruined my B-Day evening yesterday so this was a nice change. It would be nice to know if other were even remotely close to me.
I have no idea why/what made him ask. I'm wearing a "JudgmentO's" shirt and the hubs is wearing Miku shirt. But otherwise I don't know?!?
I know there is Gaydar, Bi-Fi, and Pan-Scan...but what do us Furries call it?

ZX6R

I hope this is resolved soon. At least have the website back in our hands/paws/claws/talons/fins/any other appendage. They may have to change the code or change websites entirely. If the source-code is out there, then the website and our information is unsafe and in the hands of not-so-good people.
The source code is out there, but then again so is reddits, and Github's, and Linux's. If they programmed things properly, this wouldn't be an issue.

LyrrenClock

Blarg~
^_^ It made my day better too! My mother ruined my B-Day evening yesterday so this was a nice change. It would be nice to know if other were even remotely close to me.
I have no idea why/what made him ask. I'm wearing a "JudgmentO's" shirt and the hubs is wearing Miku shirt. But otherwise I don't know?!?
I know there is Gaydar, Bi-Fi, and Pan-Scan...but what do us Furries call it?
lol I dunno a Fuzz Magnet XD or Lint roller

B

BloodhoundPreston

Well, I'm still awaiting for this to be fixed. At least I'm being patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.