• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

5/17 Site Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordoxia

Well, is there a way to block third-party programs from accessing the source code? If so, how much trouble would it be to implement it?
It really depends on what the program does. In this case, it was ImageMagik, which from the name seems to be involved with all the pictures. Since this is a, how do you say... Central aspect of the site, hiding the source code from it is basically not a thing. The key lies in making the 3rd party programs themselves secure.

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
Furries are the most b

Nope because i was just about to pay(Asking for email for payment) when the site went down. So i don't know if she started on her yet, because she didn't receive the money yet. c:

Kill me please... Just... PLEASE!!!
Just kidding but,,, Still, this is a bummer.
O, I guess that does make things a bit more bummer-ish.
But hey, at least hackers can't delete the artists themselves.
I'm sure she'll be happy to work on it when the site is finally back up.

Shadow

Likes to Create
You just freaking swore

YOU
ARE
DRIVING
ME
INSANE
2011971352a6bd54a1739fed541ae8ec783920c81ae0b40303a9415c235991ad.jpg

(Actually leaving now. Gotta do lifey things.)

LyrrenClock

Blarg~
Well, is there a way to block third-party programs from accessing the source code? If so, how much trouble would it be to implement it?
they had patched it to where it got blocked but it was too late apparently cause then they gave out the code that got taken via usb to random people and they attacked the site with it deleting accounts and such (just going based off my basic understanding of the informative posts provided by admins)

ZX6R

topic.gif

Well anyway I'm curious as to what kind of process is required to access a website's source code. I mean almost everyone knows the F12 trick but that should only show the display format, links, and fonts, right? I'm going to do some looking up on this "ImageTragick" thing to fulfill my curiosity.
Only way to fix a security issue is to recreate it, I suppose. I wonder if that's what they are doing now.
The f12 thing is just what your browser loads. While this stuff can be exploited, in this case when they say "source code", they're usually talking about the backend stuff that your browser doesn't deal with. The exploit used to get the source code was in the image processing software that FA (and many other sites) uses to compress, resize and otherwise process images.

Status
Not open for further replies.