• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

5/17 Site Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemnth

Nemnth Ferheart Dragon
I'm glad I didn't post any information on me that's too personal. If a website I go to gets hacked, I simply assume that every ounce of information was taken from the site.
From what I was reading, no personal information was leaked, this includes passwords and other fun stuff. It was just attacked directly with intent to take down the site

Samandriel Morningstar

The Morningstar
On the subject of losing business during the shutdown, may I ask how many people actually frequent the art part of the forums when looking for art? Because I've noticed anyone putting up ads for their art for the most part gets no replies or views.

It depends on what you're offering and what the site traffic is at that time,so right now might actually be a good time to post anything you're offering it may do well in the long run but in general it's sort of a hit and miss topic.

supersonicbros23

Appearance: unoriginal; Personality: out to lunch
Oh man... I just went to the BFLC site (where according to early posts was the location of the distribution of the USB drives) and FurCon theme was "Fallen Utopia."
Might Fur Affinity might be considered one of the "Utopias" for furries?
Oh man... I probably shouldn't speculate, thats how rumors start.

skyliner_369

From what I was reading, no personal information was leaked, this includes passwords and other fun stuff. It was just attacked directly with intent to take down the site
This may be, but the attack could be a diversion. Just assume the worst and hope for the best.

skyliner_369

Speaking of patching code, It'd be nice if the FA file size limit was increased. I understand that space is limited, but it would still be nice. One can dream, right?

Samandriel Morningstar

The Morningstar
This may be, but the attack could be a diversion. Just assume the worst and hope for the best.

Let's just not make assumptions about anything or point fingers,it was an attack and that's all it was.
There was nothing to gain from it or to build up from it besides the general chaos that's ensued.
A lot of people are already really upset/uncomfortable about what's happened so let's try and not stir the pot any further.

skyliner_369

Let's just not make assumptions about anything or point fingers,it was an attack and that's all it was.
There was nothing to gain from it or to build up from it besides the general chaos that's ensued.
A lot of people are already really upset/uncomfortable about what's happened so let's try and not stir the pot any further.
... right. Ahhhhhh... oops.

Faolan_Wolf-Wings

Aokin the Cyan Jolteon!
There is no such thing as perfect, really. What we call "perfect" is merely a concept we use based on ideals and dreams. The mind may be without limits, but reality is always full of limits and flaws. But that's the closest to the true definition of "perfect" there ever is. Time is change, and change evolves constantly. We can't control it, but we can utilize it and harness it's power in some ways, as a sailor would harness the winds with the mast and sailcloth of his ship. Wherever the wind blows, we follow, yet we can change our courses, to go a different direction by adjusting our sails.

Basically what I am getting at is that we can try to improve the systems, but it will never reach the perfection formed by our ideals. We can continue the same pattern, but we don't have to, as we have the options to try different approaches to solving the problems we face. We can only do the best we can with what we have, and though we dream big, we are bound by limits of the present time as we move to the future.

Sorry for the wise words lecture, but I feel I had to say it here. >w<

noveltybest

A diversion for what? You're making this seem bigger than it really is.
don't worry this is just a big chip off the backs of the people it'll be fine just takes great recoding though I do hope for a cool new design of the site after this like you get to group your art work inside of one group and you can constantly do this without harm your computer or you can post within your picture.

mint_swirl

Why must all of these hacker asshats must ruin the experience for us artists?
to be fair though,
we really need to stop being so reliant on FA as our number one art site, because this isnt the first time and im scared to say this wont be the last :T
but in times like this it is hard to branch out to other art sites because all my damn commission info is on my profile xD so im up the creek without a paddle till the site it back up,
though working on a new price list till i can get my hands on my original price list,
so i know your pain mshy, but we need to stop relying on FA to heavily to hold all our commission info and que lists

Tali Aurora

Stop being overdramatic. It's down for a while, so what? MUCH worse things have happened to our fandom. Do you not remember the chlorine gas incident at that convention? MUCH worse than some idiots messing with FA.

skyliner_369

Stop being overdramatic. It's down for a while, so what? MUCH worse things have happened to our fandom. Do you not remember the chlorine gas incident at that convention? MUCH worse than some idiots messing with FA.
you're right. It could be. it still can be. but right now, it isn't. I hope it stays that way.

Tali Aurora

For the love of... Do I have to be blunt too?
Stop whining, get over yourselves, and do something productive. I'm tired of my notifs being clogged up by the constant complaining!

TaylorxxWolfie

ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!
Waiting for FA.jpg

supersonicbros23

Appearance: unoriginal; Personality: out to lunch
For the love of... Do I have to be blunt too?
Stop whining, get over yourselves, and do something productive. I'm tired of my notifs being clogged up by the constant complaining!
I don't mean this like a smartass but theres a button to unwatch the thread, should get rid of the notifications.:)
Can't disagree with the advice though

Faolan_Wolf-Wings

Aokin the Cyan Jolteon!
Well, I'm certain once the site is up and running again, everyone will be aware of this illegal jump drive code distribution trick so that at any future conventions, those would not be allowed in the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.