• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

5/17 Site Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersonicbros23

Appearance: unoriginal; Personality: out to lunch
The flash drives themselves dont even matter anymore. As someone said, it's likely the source code has been copied and redistributed onto github, or pastebin. If this was the 90s then maybe tracking down a deadly floppy disk would be feasible, but no one would dedicate such manpower to a furry website sadly enough.

Although, it would make quite an interesting story. The best bet is for the con staff to investigate who was the person handing them out in the first place
Well how about scouting pastebin and github then? I know "once its up its everywhere" phenomenon the internet is responsible for but still. I don't know, I just hate sitting feeling helpless when stuff like this happens.
I don't know about all that. The only drama I've been seeing are people accusing people of drama when there is no drama.
well that and non-furries making accounts to start drama. I've seen a few instances of that in the past 24 hours, but I guess that's to be expected

Snowbbi

99% fluff
Pull up your lawn chairs and coolers boys and girls, there's gonna be a downhome furry drama show tonight.
Shit man, I missed the rehearsals. And I really wanted to play Wendy.

Lazarus.

I don't know about all that. The only drama I've been seeing are people accusing people of drama when there is no drama.
And that's exactly how it starts, fingerpointing. Then side taking. Normally it spreads to journal making and callouts but some fuckweed spoiled that, didn't he?
Or she.
I don't discriminate.

That or actual bad business measures/shitty attitudes.
That can cause drama too.

But a lot of the time it starts off with the whole mob mentality thing.

Bourbon.

And that's exactly how it starts, fingerpointing. Then side taking. Normally it spreads to journal making and callouts but some fuckweed spoiled that, didn't he?
Or she.
I don't discriminate.

That or actual bad business measures/shitty attitudes.
That can cause drama too.

But a lot of the time it starts off with the whole mob mentality thing.
I think everyone's been surprisingly mature (save for about three or four users), especially considering how dramatic the fandom can be at times.

YaoiMeowmaster

#FiftyFemboys
Well how about scouting pastebin and github then? I know "once its up its everywhere" phenomenon the internet is responsible for but still. I don't know, I just hate sitting feeling helpless when stuff like this happens.

With the amount of posts pastebin alone gets in a single hour, that's just threading water.
It's simple and difficult to fix, just make the source code irrelevant by changing it substantially or go open source. Furaffinity needs to focus on itself first rather than waste resources chasing after wind at this moment. Once it's stable, then they can look into whos responsible.

Faolan_Wolf-Wings

Aokin the Cyan Jolteon!
I was waiting for
"Muahaha, I'm a bored, cancerous waste of space who feels like ruining a website of people who have nothing to do with me and hindering their day! That'll make me feel like I filled the void in my pointless, completely empty existence I call a life!"

This is the only think I can hear hackers like this telling themselves honestly...
I doubt such people are ever that simple. There are many different reasons why someone would do certain things. Stereotypes are very inefficient in judgement of people for their actions and behaviors.

Lazarus.

I think everyone's been surprisingly mature (save for about three or four users), especially considering how dramatic the fandom can be at times.
OH BOY
AT TIMES
I swear this is in like the top three dramatic fandoms out there.
Right up there with the Steven Spewniverse fandom.
At least we haven't, to my knowledge, bullied someone to near death for not drawing a certain character overweight.
Or maybe we did and I haven't kept track.
Either way.
Shitty fandom.
Has a lot of upsides.
Not leaving yet.

YaoiMeowmaster

#FiftyFemboys
Right up there with the Steven Spewniverse fandom.
At least we haven't, to my knowledge, bullied someone to near death for not drawing a certain character overweight.
They also bulled her for not drawing a character dark enough and not drawing an indian character with a big enough nose and pretty much celebrating and thinking themselves matyrs for it.
Man, Furries have gone through some stupid stuff before too, heinous things, but at least they can have the capacity to condemn them. From what I know a majority of those people still think they're right it's repulsive.

ZX6R

well that and non-furries making accounts to start drama. I've seen a few instances of that in the past 24 hours, but I guess that's to be expected
It's not worth the time. It's time to patch for FA, if they do things correctly for a change, then the source code really becomes irrelevant.

Lazarus.

They also bulled her for not drawing a character dark enough and not drawing an indian character with a big enough nose and pretty much celebrating and thinking themselves matyrs for it.
Man, Furries have gone through some stupid stuff before too, heinous things, but at least they can have the capacity to condemn them. From what I know a majority of those people still think they're right it's repulsive.
Couldn't have said it better.

Lazarus.

Off topic, just found out what David Bowie smelled like, totes buying the aftershave, no regrets.

EDIT
I either have to fly to France to pick it up, or buy it off of Amazon for 70+
Totally still doing it.
No regrets.

Moderator-Gazelle

Forum Moderator
Hi guys! If you could please keep the thread on topic I really don't want to have to hand out time-out cards (1 hour thread restrictions) to peeps~ Please keep on topic in the thread <3

Were%2BStill%2BHere%2521.jpg

Lazarus.

Alright, so everyone making programming suggestions, are you programmers or are Furaffinities codes and junk all like high school computer class?
I don't know what anyone's talking about myself, I can barely embed an image into a page without looking at a guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.