• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

5/17 Site Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbonethebunbun

Since some people want to be outright butthurt jerks, I started a thread in general discussion. Follow me if you want to avoid hostility! XD

jaked122

A piquant shade of shame
ImageMagick huh?

That's fairly far away from the general login handling code, isn't it?

Would handle image format conversions and such if it is being used the typical manner.

That's quite an involved attack.

quentinwolf

Im sorry but how in the bloody hell would you let anyone get access to such important information: that is just downright stupid.... I thought after taking all our money to make the site better that it would work, but nope it doesnt. I just dont understand any of this.... I think you staff members need to sort a lot of shit out with this page.

There was a exploit in the ImageMagick library that was used by a hacker who was able to get in and start the attack. Access was not just given..

ohtar

Overworked & Underpaid
users: -makes theories-

Staff: Guys stap youre not helping anything

users: -theory making intensifies-

i love how its always the same lol

Ah well. drama be drama. you guys keep doing what you do. I have faith that youll get the site up and running again in time. My commissioners will just have to wait. :)

reptile logic

An imposter among aliens.
Hmm, just found out. Speaking as one who has had ones hands in a machine, attempting to effect repairs, while others are hovering nearby offering assistance amounting to, "hurry up you fucking asshole, can't you see my life is ruined without this thing?"; your bitching isn't helpful and is not appreciated. No one on this planet works best while being bitched at. No tech wants to string out the problem, and the resulting drama-fest, any longer than necessary.

If you have the necessary skills, and are also physically available to offer assistance, i.e. are on-site; dive in and help. Otherwise, let the people do their jobs.

Edit: By the way, there is a good chance that the vandals involved are lurking and watching all of this unfold and are laughing their asses off. Mission accomplished?

pedreo1997 (AskenLurom)

In the defense of the Dagroi Kingdom.
Right now, the one who did the attack:

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.jpg

Kitsune633

Artist Agent/Manager and Writer.
Exactly! Why do people think it's OK to be a complete asshole just because they're lurking around the internet?!

Because they have either a twisted sense of humor. Or they pick easy targets that know that won't fight back. And our reactions to them is pretty amusing. What they don't know is that a lot of artists and or writers use this site to gain income, the fact they went to this extreme for a barrel of laughs or satisfying their need to be powerful/supreme over the others. But in fact, their attacks only prove how much of a spiteful scum they are, hurting those who have fun and HURTING those who work in art or literature for a living.

2ndVenus

SnakeWildlife
My worry would be that, with this plugin and image they were able to obtain, even if you turn the website back on, cannot this device be used to just repeat the act over and over again?

Steps i would take are 1. Gain a copy of this image. 2. Examine how much access does thing have, and whereabouts. 3. Patch and terminate any possible connectivity this device can have with FA. 4. Yes, work to identify the guy at the convention, it may sound like a lot of spooling and hard work, but perhaps in-building CCTV footage could be of use here.

Have you tried contacting the convention site to see if any Camera's were rolling in the area and if you are able to grab a copy? This damage is criminal and should be, if possible, pursued.

Lizardguy

What would one even gain from this? I mean, there are people here who do this to get by, and some asshole is just going to up and ruin that? If you find the culprit, try to press charges. Seriously, this stuff should be illegal.

protocollie

Un Tiss Un Tiss Un Tiss
My worry would be that, with this plugin and image they were able to obtain, even if you turn the website back on, cannot this device be used to just repeat the act over and over again?

Steps i would take are 1. Gain a copy of this image. 2. Examine how much access does thing have, and whereabouts. 3. Patch and terminate any possible connectivity this device can have with FA. 4. Yes, work to identify the guy at the convention, it may sound like a lot of spooling and hard work, but perhaps in-building CCTV footage could be of use here.

Have you tried contacting the convention site to see if any Camera's were rolling in the area and if you are able to grab a copy? This damage is criminal and should be, if possible, pursued.

you don't do much computer stuff do you

CrescentStarHusky

Everything is like a galaxy, mysterious~
I noticed today while at school that FA was down, didn't know till I read up on it. I do have several commissioners and people I'm doing trades with. But I'm not gonna freak out anymore. What happens, happens. Neer cannot be rushed, fixing stuff can be quite stressful, even more that it's a site.
No need to freak out on Neer he's doing all he can right now to fix this. Plus there is no need to point fingers and accuse people without evidence.
FA will be back soon, time is needed. Especially with something like this.

PokemonAll4One

Because they have either a twisted sense of humor. Or they pick easy targets that know that won't fight back. And our reactions to them is pretty amusing. What they don't know is that a lot of artists and or writers use this site to gain income, the fact they went to this extreme for a barrel of laughs or satisfying their need to be powerful/supreme over the others. But in fact, their attacks only prove how much of a spiteful scum they are, hurting those who have fun and HURTING those who work in art or literature for a living.
Dicks.

xTwilightStarx

A polished turd.
FA gets attacked so much that it's gotten to the point where I don't even get mad.
If something is popular or enjoyable, people will try to destroy it.
A cruel fact of life.

I understand people like FA and have their comfort zones, but I'm sure using another site for the time being isn't that hard.

theejolene

Reading through some of these comments cause I have no life...
a lot of you need a break from the internet.

the sites down, nothing we can actually do. go outside, get some air and chill the heck down.

(p.s, does anyone know how I can turn off getting emails from this thread, my phones going crazy)

CrescentStarHusky

Everything is like a galaxy, mysterious~
Reading through some of these comments cause I have no life...
a lot of you need a break from the internet.

the sites down, nothing we can actually do. go outside, get some air and chill the heck down.

(p.s, does anyone know how I can turn off getting emails from this thread, my phones going crazy)
I'm wondering the same thing! My email notification is going crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.