• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

5 Things You Love About Yourself <3

Alys_0_0

Tea thief <3 She/Her <3 POTATO QUEEN
As the title says, name five things you love about yourself. My original plan was three but I wanted to make it even more of a challenge. There's so much self-hatred in the world so lets really see ourselves, yea? Let's really look at ourselves and into ourselves and note things that we love. No judgement allowed for people loving certain parts of themselves. It could be literally anything. Mental or physical. But it has to be about you and only good things. No self-hatred allowed here in this loving thread! Obviously, I'll go first!
1.) My canines are like fangs and I've always liked fangs. They're basically what cosplayers use (fake fangs for vampire or demon or others cosplay), except they're a part of me. Love them!
2.) My hair is incredibly soft and fluffy. I've actually had strangers touch my hair at a band camp thing XD
3.) I'm incredibly understanding and always try to understand both sides of an argument before getting involved, including arguments I start
4.) I love that I don't have sausage fingers (not shaming people with sausage finger, of course) so I can use them to get things out of small openings
5.) I'm incredibly open-minded and my opinions on anything could change if given enough evidence

Your turn!

D

Deleted member 111470

1. Genetically, I have a strong back and big arms. Even if I haven't worked out in ages, im still bigger than most guys I know. I love that, big biceps look great on a guy of my stature.

2. Despite everyone telling me I'm a useless sack of shit, I ended up with a higher degree than all of them, and I have a stable job during a worldwide pandemic. It doesn't pay great but I take pride in thriving despite growing up in an environment that was working against me.

3. For someone who's not a native English speaker, I'd say I use the language quite well.

4. Recently, I started working on my childhood dream. I absolutely love the fact that I hadn't given up on it. I don't care if it fails - I am finally able to do what I've always wanted.

5. This year was incredibly stressful. Things are settling down for me, and overall, I have far more respect for myself than ever. It's important to treat yourself well.

Lunataari

depressed, cat alien-thing
Hello.
Five things I like about myself...here we go:
1) I like how immersive my stories can be for others.
2) My green thumb and ability to keep almost any plant alive is pretty good.
3) Reading and researching are my strong suit (especially topics relating to natural science).
4) Others tend to warm up to me easily despite me being somewhat of an introvert.
5) I’m a freaking dragonfly magnet.

Meta_Tiara

I’ll make one as well.

1) I love how I am able to hyper focus on activities. I can spend hours on something without even realizing it. I think it makes up for how I often drift off when I’m not in that zone. :p
2) Me being on the autism spectrum has really helped with me having different viewpoints about the world.
3) Being 6’4 tall has really helped with reaching high places.
4) My tendency for pacing around has helped with my health.
5) Another thing I love about myself is how I am flexible enough to scratch my entire back without a backscratcher.

Nexus Cabler

Abstract Concepts Coordinator
This is such a wholesome thread. I love it.

1) Despite having Autism and Bipolar disorder, I've developed a lot of great social skills, and made more friends than I ever thought possible when the odds were against me.
2) I love animals, and always will, and will dedicate my life to helping them either in great ways, or small ways. Whatever I can do.
3) I am a great skateboarder, and used to make amazing art, and still probably can do the later.
4) I have a loving family I can both support and have support me.
5) I've learned to accept, embrace, and love who I am, my identity, sexuality, appearance, goals, feelings, cultures and subcultures I belong in, and what makes me happy in life, and in the process it's helped me love others more.

Last edited:

fsendventd

1) I'm fairly tolerant of heat and cold, which comes in handy in the location I'm in where temperatures fluctuate by crazy amounts.
2) I'm half-decent at imagining things and picturing them in my head accurately, which has obvious bonuses as a furry. (Get some nice warm blankets, wrap them up together, close your eyes, and imagine they're your fursona, or a friend's if you prefer. You'll never have a hard time falling asleep again.)
3) I'm alright at math. Not... sure what else to say, I guess it helps in some of my hobbies.
4) I'm really open about myself and who I am, and generally accept whatever I discover about my own personality.
5) I can handle a lot of things that are thrown at me mentally. I try to go with the flow instead of making a big deal of anything.
(couldn't decide between this one and the last one) I can write with some level of competence, and people say my writing is really immersive and paints a good picture of the scene and characters in it.

There's other stuff but it tends to have some very minor downsides, not many though. (Most notably my bizarre personality balance between acting very mature and calm and handling situations well, and being cute and cuddly and sweet. Yet to find more than one or two people who like both sides of it, it makes me feel better sometimes though. I find cute things really comforting and calming.)

Last edited:

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
I don't want to sound pitiful but this is a real challenge for me. My brother abused me emotionally when we were growing up and he always used to chastise me for praising myself. Here goes.

1. I am a fighter. I don't give in or give up easily.

2. I am eloquent and insightful.

3. I would literally give more than I can reasonably afford to help the needy and homeless. I once gave a homeless guy on the street £100 (and I am on disability, very low income) because he asked and needed it more than I did. I sit down, hold their hands and show homeless people that I recognize that they are human.

4. I am never intentionally cruel. I apologize when I need to and try to live my life without hurting anyone in the slightest way. Compassion is of utmost importance to me.

5. I am capable of seeing beauty in everything.

Yakamaru

I put the fun in dysfunctional
1. Despite having Autism I have chosen of my own free will to challenge and improve/deal with my own boundaries, ignorance, lack of skills, limitations and various other aspects of my life. Setting goals with every intention of achieving them. I have no intention of listening to naysayers that are quite frankly just jealous that they don't have the guts to face themselves and their own short-comings.

2. I love new knowledge, as knowledge and understanding is power over one's own existence. The more knowledge and understanding I gain the more I can potentially help others as well.

3. Very social despite my anti-social/introverted nature. More than anything, I love seeing those around me having a smile on their face.

4. Value straightforwardness, honour and honesty. The honesty to say what I mean and the honour to stand by it.

5. Words don't phase me. "Sticks and stones" and all that.

If you love yourself thoroughly and properly then a lot of things in life should come naturally.

Guifrog

Blue Frog with a Squid
1) I can eat lots of fat and my LDL remains under such levels that my sis swears I'm not an earthling
2) My family consists of a bunch of zany weirdos who poke fun at each other's quirks
3) My learning curve regarding things of my interest tends to go obscenely slow in the beginning, then skyrockets after a certain point
4) Different, crazy dreams every night
5) I can eat the same thing forever without growing tired of it. Otherwise I'd have ditched baby food by now

Alys_0_0

Tea thief <3 She/Her <3 POTATO QUEEN
I am really good at being extremely bad at everything.
Come on, you gotta say 5 things you love about yourself! I said no negativity allowed. <3

fernshiine

1. I'm proud of my writing skills, I guess. I mean, writing is my pride and joy even during these hard times.
2. My stubbornness can lead to good things sometimes.
3. I love being different from practically everyone, though I do hate it sometimes so Idk XD
4. My creativity can be fun
5. I can be nurturing and I love animals :3

TemetNosce88

Technology won't save you
1. I was able to go from being basically broke to buying a house in 6 years.
2. I've been able to pick up drawing again pretty well (I think, anyway).
3. My ability to engage in word play.
4. I try to learn old or contrarian skills to keep them alive, and have a lot of fun doing it.
5. -

I had to struggle to come up with 4, but I'm working on hating myself less.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
1. Easy to talk to: ...even though it's rare I socialize. <XD As long as both parties are being respectful, things will go smoothly.
2. Dependable: I don't fake my obligations and am generally very remorseful for the times I am unable to make it. Apparently me and my mother are a rarity in this world.
3. Confidence: while it's not always perfect, I'm confident enough not to be ashamed for how loud or eccentric I can be. I don't consider myself to be childish for knowing and expressing that I can be playful. I don't cry or get mad when I'm embarrassed, I just smile or laugh.
4. Memory: I seem to be able to remember past events more than most. Typically a blessing for others, but a burden for me.
5. Honesty: Whether or not they like hearing it is up for debate, but when I say something I generally tend to mean it. The only time I tell 'white lies' are used within reason, like politely evading personal stories and conversations with someone I've just met or something like that.

NitroFastFur

Ohhhh, good question..

1) attitude. I'm a bit mad, sometimes a bit 'full flavour behavior' but the enthusiasm for everything I do means I get a lot out of it

2) genetics. I'm something of a smol bean at 5'7" 72kg and 28" waist, but my health is generally excellent, I'm quite fit, and my family has a history of very long life with several people on my dad's side living to over 100 years old.

3) professional. I may be quite mad socially, but I'm something of a chameleon and can shift into any number of personas to suit whoever I'm meeting with in my professional life. This means I can be taken seriously by whoever I'm meeting from builder to architect.

4) analytical. I get my best results from studying and practicing things far more that most people do.

5) eyes. A bit shallow, but I have very dark eyes, which people seem to like. I have had people ask if I wear coloured contact lenses as they are such a deep brown, but they are natural - they are also moderately 'hoodedd' as I have part Norwegian heretige.

VileKeyKeeper

I love this tread so much, it's so wholesome! And reading about things people love about themselves is really inspirational <3

1. I don't exactly love my body, but I'm trying to like it more. And I always loved my big hips, even when I would hate everything else;
2. I beat depression! Even though I'm still nervous and have panic attacks from time to time, I overcame tons of much worse stuff and I'm proud of myself;
3. I can draw almost anything I want, and if I don't know how to draw it - I'll just look up some refs. Though sometimes it can be irritating, like, you're going to bed, you get all comfy, then boom it's 3 a.m. and you're drawing hot men like there's no tomorrow;
4. People enjoy talking to me? I don't know how all this social stuff works, but I've been told a couple of times I seem to be a pretty easy-going and fun person;
5. I have rather small teeth, but they are very (and I mean VERY) sharp. I'm a little vampire fox :3

NitroFastFur

I love this tread so much, it's so wholesome! And reading about things people love about themselves is really inspirational <3

1. I don't exactly love my body, but I'm trying to like it more. And I always loved my big hips, even when I would hate everything else;
2. I beat depression! Even though I'm still nervous and have panic attacks from time to time, I overcame tons of much worse stuff and I'm proud of myself;
3. I can draw almost anything I want, and if I don't know how to draw it - I'll just look up some refs. Though sometimes it can be irritating, like, you're going to bed, you get all comfy, then boom it's 3 a.m. and you're drawing hot men like there's no tomorrow;
4. People enjoy talking to me? I don't know how all this social stuff works, but I've been told a couple of times I seem to be a pretty easy-going and fun person;
5. I have rather small teeth, but they are very (and I mean VERY) sharp. I'm a little vampire fox :3
No2 alone is inspirational, that's a massive fight. For those who are still fighting it, you got this!

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Hmm, tricky but I think I got 5 good ones

1. I am an excellent cook and never get tired of making things for people.

2. I can watch the same movie or program 50 times and never get tired of it. In that way it is easy to amuse myself

3. Very honest, I generally make a habit of never lying to people if can be avoided, even if I come out in a bad light.

4. I am a very caring individual and will always make time to listen. It stems from my own psychological struggles in childhood. Remembering how bad one can feel and what that can do to a person, I will always make myself available to console because I dont want anyone to feel what I did for years

5. I give excellent hugs.

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
1. I'm creative
2. I have a really cool birthmark on my leg that looks like a leaf or a tree. Or maybe an arrowhead? Or a clump of grapes? Whatever it is, it has a crooked stem. It's fun to imagine what it might be and what it might mean. It's my CutieMark!
3. The way I talk, no matter what accent comes out. I like the way I word things.
4. My consideration for animals and people. Hospitality and kindness are important values of mine.
5. The white scar on my forehead from when I ran into a glass table as a toddler. Makes me feel fancy.

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
1. I was able to go from being basically broke to buying a house in 6 years.
2. I've been able to pick up drawing again pretty well (I think, anyway).
3. My ability to engage in word play.
4. I try to learn old or contrarian skills to keep them alive, and have a lot of fun doing it.
5. -

I had to struggle to come up with 4, but I'm working on hating myself less.
Please explain how you got a house in 6 years because I need h e l p

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
1. I'm proud of my writing skills, I guess. I mean, writing is my pride and joy even during these hard times.
2. My stubbornness can lead to good things sometimes.
3. I love being different from practically everyone, though I do hate it sometimes so Idk XD
4. My creativity can be fun
5. I can be nurturing and I love animals :3
How do you write without crumpling into a mess of nerves?