• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

6 famous characters that were shameless rip-offs

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
Everyone knows about the x-man being a ripoff but they're an awesome ripoff so I don't care. I wasn't aware of the others at all. lol Superman's a ripoff. XD

Eerie Silverfox

You are my furend
Thas pretty cool. I knew about lion king but none of the others.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Jesus should have been in there for being a rip-off of Horus.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
hilarious, i didnt know that XD

Kanin

B is for Bull****
Batman was inspired by Zorro and The Spirit, no one has ever denied that.

K

Kao

Batman was inspired by Zorro and The Spirit, no one has ever denied that.

Its not really the fact that no one denied it (mainly because they would get destroyed in the courthouse if they did) more the fact that they don't publise the fact and thus most people don't know - myself included. Its just a bit of knowledge for those "Did you know.." sessions ;)

Kanin

B is for Bull****
Its not really the fact that no one denied it (mainly because they would get destroyed in the courthouse if they did) more the fact that they don't publise the fact and thus most people don't know - myself included. Its just a bit of knowledge for those "Did you know.." sessions ;)

I saw a show on like the history channel or something talking about comic heroes, and when they talked about Batman, they clearly said it, so they weren't hiding it at all.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Why wasn't Gordon Freeman number one on that list? He's just a shameless ripoff of Link. Anyone who actually plays a game and notices characters have more than names would notice THAT.

J

Jelly

Everyone should have been in there for being a rip-off of Someone.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Because when you think of it, everything is a ripoff of something.

The Bible is a ripoff of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

K

Kaamos

Why wasn't Gordon Freeman number one on that list? He's just a shameless ripoff of Link. Anyone who actually plays a game and notices characters have more than names would notice THAT.

How is he a ripoff of link? Just because he doesn't talk?

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Apart from the Lion King thing, does ANYBODY care though?

T

Tycho

Apart from the Lion King thing, does ANYBODY care though?

That was funny, the Kimba thing. Not surprising - Disney hasn't had an original thought in their life, either borrowing already-written fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm or using (read: bastardizing and raping) a Rudyard Kipling book, or making a Hans Christian Andersen book into a movie that was even more disgustingly saccharine than its source material.

"Just add some songs to it, people love songs! They'll forget all about the plagiarism!"