Don't vore me, bro Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    Species
    Chocolate cake
    This
    This'd 1,011 Times in 593 Posts

Default Re: Why do so many people hate autistic people? :c

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    I never said it was right, cocksuckers! But that's the way it is!
    Are you trying to tell us "well, tough luck"?

Well, tough luck, bro. Nobody shares your sentiment. It may not be right, but that's the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by atrakaj View Post
    After all, fag is another term for cigarette, and like cigarettes, furfags prefer twenty shafts to a pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke Shadowfyre View Post
    I am open-minded, it is just that I do not want my brains to fall out.

Banned 2,500 Club
    Species
    shrevv
    This
    This'd 358 Times in 220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HyBroMcYenapants View Post
    We don't.

We hate people who use it as a crutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    I don't think people hate autistic people - they just hate autistic people who use their autism as a Get Out Of Jail Free card.
    Same goes for assburgers
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenke View Post
    I do hate people who, whenever you point out one of their faults and advise them to improve on it, start yelling to high heaven that it's NOT THEIR FAULT BECAUSE ASSBURGERS (or autism).
    One of the issues that comes with autism is the inability to look at yourself critically. As frustrating as it may be for you, it comes with the territory.

Additionally, oftentimes, people with autism don't even know what their feelings are, much less how appropriate their expression of them is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs View Post
    I don't, I just find it being over diagnosed. This fad, like the ADD and ADHD fad, will hopefully die out. I have ran into "autistic" people who use it was an excuse to slack off and be obnoxious.
    It's definitely over-diagnosed. Obnoxious, excited kids used to = ADD/ADHD [srs.. wtf? What young kid pays complete attention to shit?]
    Autistic/Assburgers [idk which] is now diagnosed to any kid who is shy, it's BS.
    It is really, really hard to be misdiagnosed with autism. Autism is actually underdiagnosed. This is a tremendous problem for us.

Asperger's is not diagnosed to anyone who is shy. To get a diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome you need to meet a number of criteria that fit a tiny segment of the population, such as feeling the need to scream and cry when you hear loud noises, if three people are talking at once, or if the wrong texture rubs against you. Clayton, you could not be more wrong about this.

Quote Originally Posted by makmakmob View Post
    I know it is easy to appear mild by being good mannered when in reality a lot more problems lie beneath.
    What we call "mild" autism are generally people who had the good fortune to get proper education and support. They only appear "mild" because you can't see how hard it is for them to keep on their "human face" every minute of every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lead Jester View Post
    Also autistic people are harder to deal with.
    I actually find autistic people much easier to deal with; perhaps it's because I know how to deal with them. They rarely cause as many problems for me as neurotypicals.

Mak-Mak, to answer your question, I have created a visual for you since most autistic people have stronger visual processing.

It demonstrates the "uncanny valley" in the affection people have for the mildly disabled.

The "y" axis measures the amount of affection a person has for another person.

The "x" axis measures the amount of ability or disability that person displays.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2459/asperger.png

Most persons feel bad for persons with obvious, visible disabilities that make them wholly helpless and dependent. However, a person who is almost abled enough to pass as a regular person is loathsome. Rather than seeing a slightly-disabled person, we see a normal person of poor quality.

An example:

A person with autism who has vocal ticks and rocks back and forth constantly is late for an appointment. He lets the group know that he has autism and it makes it difficult for him to get there on time. Most people will allow this person to get away with it because they feel bad about his autism.

Later in life, this person is trained to repress his vocal ticks and movements so that he looks more normal. He is late for an appointment and says the same. Most people will be annoyed and angry for him for using autism as a crutch.

We expect that this person just needs to work harder and it will get better. This does not help anyone because it does not work that way.

Persons with Asperger's Syndrome and autism frequently fall into this valley where they are accused of using their disability as a crutch, when in reality, they were never, and never will be, able to function in that "normal" range. This is unfair and only serves to further disable persons with milder disabilities.
    Last edited by jcfynx; 03-30-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Banned Broke the 10K Barrier

Species
    a brown/tan wolf with dreadlocks.... what?!
    This
    This'd 995 Times in 526 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler & Koch View Post
    Take your own advice buddy.

I also find it funny that you're claiming you don't use the fact you are adopted as a crutch yet you bring it up and bitch about it for attention at any time possible.
    I bring it up any time it's relevant, and I won't hold back about the pain and anguish I've often felt about it. But that's hardly all there is to me or my posts on this forum and it's incredibly insincere of you to suggest that. But that's the kind of person you are, which is why I've never liked or respected you, and probably never will.

Broke the 10K Barrier
    Species
    Species Unknown
    This
    This'd 3,418 Times in 1,558 Posts

I bring it up any time.
    Truncated for truth.

~A New Art Community~Coming Late Summer 2012~
    FA - Donation Drive!!! - Tumblr

This
    This'd 0 Times in 0 Posts

maybe because some autistic people are just down right annoying, but if they don't bother me, then whatevers
    I might like bondage and cute pawsies, but I'm still a little innocent foxie =3

Cum Dumpster Broke the 10K Barrier
    This
    This'd 3,522 Times in 1,789 Posts

yeah, jcfynx
    i know what the symptoms of autism and assburgers are
    my bro has that shit and it's UNBEARABLE. The random screaming, the mimicing of every single word, the repeating [he'll choose something off TV or something someone says and repeat it for at least an hour], the taking everything too seriously, the inability to understand if someone is joking or not, the tapping, the drumming, etc etc
    alll fucking day long. all day! 24/7!
    Quote Originally Posted by narutonfuzzi View Post
    my mom had an abortoin, i wish he swallowed my lil brother
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzCo View Post
    Remember the razors in my anus...
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jester View Post
    OP is not a faggot Mr. Finger/Diglett?/White piece of ghost dog shit buddy, OP is a KAT.

Banned 2,500 Club
    This
    This'd 571 Times in 273 Posts

yeah, jcfynx
    i know what the symptoms of autism and assburgers are
    my bro has that shit and it's UNBEARABLE. The random screaming, the mimicing of every single word, the repeating [he'll choose something off TV or something someone says and repeat it for at least an hour], the taking everything too seriously, the inability to understand if someone is joking or not, the tapping, the drumming, etc etc
    alll fucking day long. all day! 24/7!
    Damn. Everyone I know with autism is silent.

Species
    This

Truncated for truth.
    I'm edging towards 12,000 posts on this forum. I've been a member since 2005 and pretty active for most of it. I only realized "I'm adopted, this probably has contributed to me being who I am" and began making serious efforts to learn how and why around 3 years ago, and it's unlikely I would've ever mentioned it accept in passing until around last year. In that time, I've used it to make a point about something maybe a dozen times, and I'm being pretty liberal in that estimate. So no, I don't "bring it up any time". But that doesn't matter Xenke, right? It matters that you feel like you're right about something, not that you actually are.

This

Quote Originally Posted by ~secret~ View Post
    Damn. Everyone I know with autism is silent.
    Lucky.
    http://sfautismsociety.virtualave.net/chart1.gif
    OP is not a faggot Mr. Finger/Diglett?/White piece of ghost dog shit buddy, OP is a KAT.

Broke the 10K Barrier
    Species
    Species Unknown
    This

I'm edging towards 12,000 posts on this forum. I've been a member since 2005 and pretty active for most of it. I only realized "I'm adopted, this probably has contributed to me being who I am" and began making serious efforts to learn how and why around 3 years ago, and it's unlikely I would've ever mentioned it accept in passing until around last year. In that time, I've used it to make a point about something maybe a dozen times, and I'm being pretty liberal in that estimate. So no, I don't "bring it up any time". But that doesn't matter Xenke, right? It matters that you feel like you're right about something, not that you actually are.
    What is reality without perception?

More or less, I'm making a statement about how you insert it where it has no bearing. Regardless of how many time you've actually mentioned, most of the time you do it comes out of no where and has no relevance.

This

Wolf-Bone, would you please at least try to explain what the fuck youre arguing about? Cause it makes no sense.

Banned 2,500 Club
    This
    This'd 571 Times in 273 Posts

I meant silent as in is 7 years old and can't speak. I'd hardly call that 'lucky'.

My gif animation doesn't work 2,500 Club RayO_ElGatubelo's Avatar
    Species
    Nosebleeding Black Jaguar
    This
    This'd 286 Times in 172 Posts

I have Asperger's. Real diagnosed Asperger's, but I don't use it a crutch. I know when I'm being an asshole.

Also, Aspies tend to be geniuses and very smart and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Fundie
    I remember when gay used to be used in fine pieces of literature, now its been hijacked by sodomites to promote homosexuality as "normal"
    Quote Originally Posted by Response
    I remember when bigots had a hard time disseminating hate. Now one only has to log onto Twitter to hear their bile.
    My Characters

Banned 2,500 Club
    Species
    shrevv
    This
    This'd 358 Times in 220 Posts

Wolf-Bone, would you please at least try to explain what the fuck youre arguing about? Cause it makes no sense.
    Before your wrack your brain on it, I should probably let you know that he everything he says is a lie to derail threads and annoy people.

Species
    Panwere
    This
    This'd 181 Times in 120 Posts

I like autistic people.
    My nephew has Asbergers (please stop calling it assburgers, makes me think of cheese burgers taped to some fat guys butt cheeks).
    Hes a really nice kid and hes really smart.
    Country Music Rap.

Broke the 10K Barrier
    Species
    Species Unknown
    This

Quote Originally Posted by jcfynx View Post
    Before your wrack your brain on it, I should probably let you know that he everything he says is a lie to derail threads and annoy people.
    Oh please, give him some credit. He's not Brace.

17. The Following User agrees with Xenke's Post:

Alpha Wolf
    Species
    Kangaroo
    This
    This'd 2 Times in 2 Posts

The only cases of autism I've ever seen have been... the *very* severe cases. As in.. can't function in the correct mannerisms at ALL. And I don't feel hate. I feel curriousity, because I may never know how it is they do what they do how they do it.

Nihilistic Atheist 2,500 Club Enwon's Avatar
    Species
    homo sapiens
    This
    This'd 828 Times in 345 Posts

As a person who has been treated for Aspergers Syndrome, I feel I should make a comment in this thread.

I do not advocate nor like people who use aspergers or autism as a crutch to break rules, manipulate others, or do other wildly and obviously inappropriate things. While I do wish people would show a little more patience and understanding towards autistic individuals, I also think that people with autism should also make an effort to relate to people and society better. The only way for things to improve is a 2-part effort: education for regular people and treatment for autistic people.

I spent years in speech therapy and I still have difficulties understanding myself and working in society. Part of my ability to cope in society today involves blocking or forgetting about the fact that I am an aspie, sometimes for weeks at a time. I prefer to avoid associating with people who would point that out or treat me different for such a disorder, because, quite frankly, I find it frustrating when someone is actively going out of their way to treat me as a person with aspergers and not a regular person. Most people do not know that I am an aspie, and I guard that fact. If someone who does know points it out to someone who doesn't, they can expect an angry rant about it from me.

There is nothing I hate more than being defined by and treated differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckler & Koch
    don't sig things I say

you ass
    Furaffinity account

20. The Following User agrees with Enwon's Post:

Species
    This

What is reality without perception?
    Dude, The Matrix was old when I joined this place...

Quote Originally Posted by Xenke
    More or less, I'm making a statement about how you insert it where it has no bearing. Regardless of how many time you've actually mentioned, most of the time you do it comes out of no where and has no relevance.
    It's relevant enough. It's a condition, a state of being, that is just as real as any other, and can be both a blessing and a curse. Nonetheless, in this culture obsessed with the "curse" in everything and that seems reluctant to count its blessings, it is especially relevant to that, and it doesn't change just because you're inherently unable to relate. A while back I also decided I wasn't going to bash the entirety of the white "race" anymore because (at that point I was just doing it to troll anyhow) I'd concluded what I really hate is the solipsism people like you think according to: "I can't see how this is relevant to me, therefor it's irrelevant to anyone".

Go in the corner and play with the blocks Clayton. See if you can actually spell your name with them this time.

Rants like a Gryphon The 5,000 Club Digitalpotato's Avatar
    Species
    Western Grey Kangaroo
    This
    This'd 344 Times in 235 Posts

Easy - because it's a label to declare someone to be less than human. So because in their mind, Autistic people are less than human, they feel that they don't need to give them the same human rights that they do to those declared "human". So they don't feel any remorse or guilt by treating them as sub-human. We've seen this dehumanization happen - remember what happened to the Jewish? The Catholics? The Islam? The Japanese? The Christians? The Polish? The Hutu? The Tutsi? Actually I probably don't need to say that much more.

Basically, if you were diagnosed with Autism...keep it your deepest darkest secret. Don't tell anyone.

And as for that image with the Aspergers graph...actually it's rather inaccurate.

With Aspergers, respect has to be below the "X" axis, or at complete zero.
    Last edited by Digitalpotato; 03-30-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    We live in such a weird society. You can automatically tell what one's sexual orientation is from just the bands or games they like, can measure one's I.Q. from said interests, and can even tell what they do in real life!

Long Live Single player.

This

Quote Originally Posted by ~secret~ View Post
    I meant silent as in is 7 years old and can't speak. I'd hardly call that 'lucky'.
    Oh yeah, those guys aren't lucky at all. I feel terrible for them. But on the topic of my brother..
    I was chillin' in the kitchen, about to put some steaks on the BBQ and he comes in, leans on the counter and breathes like he just ran a marathon, then starts slurping his spit around in his mouth and makes weird noises above the fucking steaks
    Probably did it just to annoy me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfynx View Post
    True.
    Go in the corner and play with the blocks Clayton. See if you can actually spell your name with them this time.
    If I had blocks with me, they'd be making dents in your skull by now

Broke the 10K Barrier
    Species
    Species Unknown
    This

Dude, The Matrix was old when I joined this place...
    Hey, the Matrix was old when it was new. There's a reason the concept perpetuates.

"I can't see how this is relevant to me, therefor it's irrelevant to anyone".
    Try "I can't see how this is relevant to people with Autism".

Ossumest Possumest The 5,000 Club OssumPawesome's Avatar
    This
    This'd 1,353 Times in 534 Posts

You make it too easy / enjoyable.

Don't vore me, bro Broke the 10K Barrier
    Species
    Chocolate cake
    This
    This'd 1,011 Times in 593 Posts

It's relevant enough. It's a condition
    Wait, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by atrakaj View Post
    After all, fag is another term for cigarette, and like cigarettes, furfags prefer twenty shafts to a pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke Shadowfyre View Post
    I am open-minded, it is just that I do not want my brains to fall out.

Rants like a Gryphon The 5,000 Club Digitalpotato's Avatar
    Species
    Western Grey Kangaroo
    This
    This'd 344 Times in 235 Posts

That's exactly why he's doing it - cause you can't punch him for a bit of operant conditioning.
    We live in such a weird society. You can automatically tell what one's sexual orientation is from just the bands or games they like, can measure one's I.Q. from said interests, and can even tell what they do in real life!

Long Live Single player.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information