• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A comic Idea

ThatProtoBoi

I've been thinking about a sci-fi comic as a total geek, and would like feedback. Titled "New Terra", Its about the far future, when earth's geological activity has stopped. The atmosphere has depleted and the sun is expanding. With nowhere left to go on their inhospitible rock, millions of human minds are launched into the depths of the cosmos. A sleeper ship known as the "daedalus" after the proposed ship by the British interplanetary societies' model. We follow a marine, woken up from cryogenic stasis, and realizing he is no longer human, but a bio - engineered protogen- like species designed for the harsh environment of exoplanet sirius A, otherwise known as "new Terra". After coming to terms with himself, he and his crewmates board the dropship "sirius 9" and prepare to land at the salt flat used as a colonization surface. 877 (the main character's number) and his 29 other crew must survive in a diverse multitude of biomes after critical RCS failure came down and they landed on the other side of the planet. Heavily inspired by "the martian" by andy weir, and the movie "avatar". Please post criticism below.

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

Very nice! Seems the ideas of when you incorporated other plots, yet as an inspiration seemed to be really creative! I like how you made it to where they went through full body transmogrification as to make sure they survive the harsh exterior platforms outside of the comforts of Earth. And the survive on a planet after a failure seems to remind me of something.....yet I can't seem to place my paw on where. Either way, very creative plot there, and the idea is an original too! Keep up the great works pal, because your doing great!

Arishipshape

TFed Ex-Knight
I too am looking forward to the results of this cool idea. Do you have an overarching plot worked out or is it a more episodic type deal?

ThatProtoBoi

I can post this:

Attachments

• Better2.jpg
    Better2.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 29

Arishipshape

TFed Ex-Knight
Good start! Not enough happened for me to comment on plot-wise, but the art conveys what’s occurring efficiently. A panel with the actual breaking of the life support tank would have been a cool addition, but otherwise cool!