• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A Few Questions...

xaliceonfire

Kiralee
Hello there, I'm new to this forum and had a few questions if someone minded answering them.

I've been into this fandom for a long time now, but due to unaccepting people in my life, I haven't really been able to own and explore it. Recently, I've made the decision to basically say 'screw it'. However, I don't really know where to begin, or how to explore the community.

While I've seen some things on this earlier today, here are my questions:

How does one go about making a fursona? While I have done this the best that I can, bringing the knowledge and wants/interests I have together, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts about it.

What kind of 'rules' or 'offensive things' come with the fur community?

What kind of events and social gatherings are there? How would I find people in my local area?

Any other general advice?

Thank you for talking with me. :3

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Hello there, I'm new to this forum and had a few questions if someone minded answering them.

I've been into this fandom for a long time now, but due to unaccepting people in my life, I haven't really been able to own and explore it. Recently, I've made the decision to basically say 'screw it'. However, I don't really know where to begin, or how to explore the community.

While I've seen some things on this earlier today, here are my questions:

How does one go about making a fursona? While I have done this the best that I can, bringing the knowledge and wants/interests I have together, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts about it.

What kind of 'rules' or 'offensive things' come with the fur community?

What kind of events and social gatherings are there? How would I find people in my local area?

Any other general advice?

Thank you for talking with me. :3

1. "Hey foxes are cool. I'm a fox now" < how to make a fursona

2. Nothing unless you wanna follow the alt-left and be a complete pansy with the PC attitude and beliefs

3. Many. Search for local ones in your area (I.E. furmeet nova scotia)

4. Be yourself and don't be a bitch. Drama is everywhere so just laugh at it and it'll go away on its own.

MadKiyo

I've been de-batted, oh no!
(I'm just going to copy/paste from another thread I posted on here)

Well what traits do you most like in an animal? What animals have those traits? Of the animals you found, which one most resonates with you?

See where I'm going with this?

It's all about branching out. It's a rigid system of logic so it ain't gonna lead you to any spirit animals as a disclaimer.

2. Just follow the rules provided by the site. Don't worry about landmines, you won't appease everyone. I once helped a guy by suggesting he changes the content rating of his artwork so he wouldn't be moderated, because I wasn't a snitch. He proceeded to make a 5 sentence rant raging on me, and then blocked me. You never know who you will offend, just find nice people.

3. Idk, never been to one.

4. You've been in this fandom a while you said, so idk what else you wouldn't.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Well what traits do you most like in an animal? What animals have those traits? Of the animals you found, which one most resonates with you?

It's all about branching out. It's a rigid system of logic so it ain't gonna lead you to any spirit animals as a disclaimer.

2. Just follow the rules provided by the site. Don't worry about landmines, you won't appease everyone. I once helped a guy by suggesting he changes the content rating of his artwork so he wouldn't be moderated, because I wasn't a snitch. He proceeded to make a 5 sentence rant raging on me, and then blocked me. You never know who you will offend, just find nice people.

So basically what I said but not a tl;dr

xaliceonfire

Kiralee

This all makes sense. While I've been in the fandom for a while, I haven't really been able to submerse myself in it fully until recently.

Kirkzer

Hello Xaliceonfire, I recently said 'screw it' and joined the fandom in December and most people I know are ok with it because you are the same person you always been. just don't make a big deal about it.

1. I always liked wolves and mythical creatures like dragons and Demons so my fursona is half wolf and half hellhound! basically make your fursona what you want it to be. There's nothing wrong with it being a simple but very cute fox. You can make your fursona personality what you want to be like. For me I want to be less shy, more outgoing and more playful.

2. unfortunately there is no rules anyone good or bad can be a furry but a fandom about anthropomorphic animal characters is going to have more friendly and colourful people. they are unwritten rules like don't be a furry who says "they hate humans" for no reason because things like that only makes the fandom get a bad name. We are all people from all walks of life. In short just be friendly and yourself.

3. conventions are the biggest events. I googled the city or country/state and found there was a furmeet in my city so I joined they telegram group and went to the furmeet without knowing anyone. So just be friendly and yourself and in time you should make some furry friends.

4. Have fun but remember it is a fandom anthropomorphic characters that is it you do not need to do anything special if you don't want to. If you want the fandom to mean more you can. I'm sure you can find many friendly people here.

xaliceonfire

Kiralee
That's good to know. When I say I want to submerge myself, by no means do I mean completely. Just that there were serious people in my life that shamed the entire thing, but thankfully they are gone and done with. It doesn't feel like a 'coming out' as much as it feels like a relief to be myself. I've been to many anime conventions, so I'm sure they're similar to the fur ones. I saw something on a website about meet ups in certain cities, but I'm not sure how I would feel about that on a smaller scale.

Thank you for your advice. :)