• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A FKN GIBSON

rekcerW

For so long, I've wanted to shelf my shitty Epiphone and own a real Gibson, and then I got really drunk and ordered one. It's like the only thing I've drunk-ordered and been happy about the next day lol.

Thing is, I play left-handed, and like fuck if I could find a Gibson Les Paul at a reasonable price point anywhere near me, and after what amount of amazing drunk-searching I could muster, I found and ordered a fucking slick Les Paul Studio.

Next day rolls around, and the place phones and was like yeah we're not sure if we can even ship to Canada, we'll have to get the all-clear from Gibson first, and the next time we're going to see stock is in September. I was like fuck it, I want that thing, so I was like yeah I can wait.

Few days go by, and I get an email saying they were allowed to ship it, I was like right on.

This fucking morning rolls around, and they emailed me saying they had an order cancelled and they'll ship one either later on today or tomorrow morning!

It is currently later on today and it's fucking en-route with FedEx and should be here Friday!
:D:D:D:D

Sweetwater is amazing, their customer service is top-notch, and yeah, big time kudos to them.

FAK IM STOKED

This is an actual fkn picure of it that they emailed me, god I love that finish:

207700089-front-xlarge.jpg

Rhys Tieran

Congratulations on the Gibson, dude! I personally love mine :D I have an '88 Les Paul Standard that got passed down to me. Regular sunburst finish. I adore it and I'd never give it up for anything.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Congratulations on the Gibson, dude! I personally love mine :D I have an '88 Les Paul Standard that got passed down to me. Regular sunburst finish. I adore it and I'd never give it up for anything.
I suggest a trade. I will give you one bag of Doritos for your guitar! ^^

rekcerW

That's fkn awesome! I fkn love the look of those, they're soo wicked. Hang on to that mofo forever! Must be too much fun to play!

rekcerW

So doorbell rang out of nowhere today, scared the shit out of me, and I could see the box standing up from the window walking down the stairs and was like nooooo fkn way.
But yup!

I AM HAPPY, SO FKN HAPPY

Last edited:

RangerReb

Quitters never win, winners never quit.
Oh god, what a beautiful guitar. I'm more of an acoustic bloke myself, but I would never turn down a Gibson if someone offered me one.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Nice Les Paul. the Studio models usually have a better finish because (for the most part) they have no body binding to be careful around during finishing. I'm sure you will enjoy that axe. And, inquiring minds want to know, how heavy is it? I have an Agile 3010SE single cut that weighs about nine pounds and a Dean Thoroughbred Deluxe that's about eight pounds. I once had a '59 Les paul CSB that weighed about eleven and a half pounds. It was a shoulder killer.

I've done bidness with Sweetwater in the past and they rock. They're just about an hour and a half from me so I need to go up once this whole pandemic thing is over and do some shopping.

As an aside, I'm a left-dominant ambidextrous but I play right handed. As a kid, I tried to play left handed but my right hand just could not make chord shapes for $h!t. Been playing righty for fifty-five years now.