• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A form of blacklist or tag block?

Charizard3647

ok everyone has experienced this problem before. We all love looking at our beloved fur website. When we go into searching for a specific picture or something random. We might end up seeing something we might not like too see, that some people may find tasteful or some others not . Though there should be a blacklist system on the site, where you can put in certain tags to filter out the images, you don't want to see.

RyuokoWolf

Your Cantaloupine
Unfortunately, there is no way to block tags currently. It is a highly suggested feature and is on our radar, though, so it will be given great consideration in the future when we look into new user features and quality of life options.

But at the same time, not every artist tags all of their uploads. So even if you blacklist stuff, it's unfortunately likely you'll still see blocked submissions

quoting_mungo

Basically, this is a known wanted feature, and it’s on the list of features that FA wants to add, but it’s a complicated thing to implement well. Latest staff post I could readily find mentioning it:

If/when such a feature is added it’s important to understand that it will not be a guarantee against seeing unwanted content; FA does not have mandatory tagging, artists who tag may not choose the exact tag you’ve blacklisted (let’s say you blacklisted “budgie” and they tagged their submission “budgerigar” for one example where both tags are technically correct), or older submissions predating the tagging feature.

Charizard3647

Basically, this is a known wanted feature, and it’s on the list of features that FA wants to add, but it’s a complicated thing to implement well. Latest staff post I could readily find mentioning it:

If/when such a feature is added it’s important to understand that it will not be a guarantee against seeing unwanted content; FA does not have mandatory tagging, artists who tag may not choose the exact tag you’ve blacklisted (let’s say you blacklisted “budgie” and they tagged their submission “budgerigar” for one example where both tags are technically correct), or older submissions predating the tagging feature.
Very true, but im sure something could be worked out to block tags similar to the word. I get it if some artist's don't tag their art, but most tend to tag it.

KippLink

Beginner Artist
This is a good idea but i think there is a bit of problem with that, before using blacklist tags people must do a proper tag of their art in the first place and i have come across many posts that only have 2-4 tags in total.

ben909

vaporeon
Block/ignore things posted by speific artists could also work without perfect tagging

MischievousPooka

Artist, cosplayer, and of course a furry
At most is will lessen the amount you see so you may see more art you want. Which I find people like better even if it is not perfect. Deviantart has started last year Mute tags which blocks the tags you have set in your settings to block. It has helped a bit in getting rid of some of the images you don't want to see even if there are still some that don't tag their stuff. If DA can do this, I don't see any reason FA can not. And there are also some sites that allow other people on the site to add tags if the person that posted kept the option checked for allowing people to add them.

Lutro

Writer
In the interim, you can grab the browser extension (there's a version for Chrome, Opera, and Firefox) called "Filter Affinity." You can use it to filter out individual artists or tags. It was developed by forest-wolf and their user page has links to the downloads for installation.

I know there's a lot of nuanced discussion here about the efficacy of such a system, but in truth it doesn't have to be perfect. "Good enough" is what folks are after, not "but what about these niche scenarios that make it imperfect."

D

Deleted member 133545

ok everyone has experienced this problem before. We all love looking at our beloved fur website. When we go into searching for a specific picture or something random. We might end up seeing something we might not like too see, that some people may find tasteful or some others not . Though there should be a blacklist system on the site, where you can put in certain tags to filter out the images, you don't want to see.
This, I lived long enough to witness this amount of relatabilty (Yes I made the word up)

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Regardless of users not tagging their stuff, it'd still be useful for those who do. A lot of the more prominent artists do tag it for exposure, and typically if they're more prominent, they're more consistently making that kind of art. It'd block a bunch of things that certain users don't want to see. It's on our radar, though, so it's definitely something we'll be heavily considering.

D

Deleted member 133545

Regardless of users not tagging their stuff, it'd still be useful for those who do. A lot of the more prominent artists do tag it for exposure, and typically if they're more prominent, they're more consistently making that kind of art. It'd block a bunch of things that certain users don't want to see. It's on our radar, though, so it's definitely something we'll be heavily considering.
nice also, no offense, but with all do respect
You should change that pfp, I know it's a funny luffy face, but there are so many you can switch it to, update and such
But to not derail entirely
I say that I am hopeful for this measure to become a reality

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
nice also, no offense, but with all do respect
You should change that pfp, I know it's a funny luffy face, but there are so many you can switch it to, update and such
But to not derail entirely
I say that I am hopeful for this measure to become a reality
Nah this is my "just went through 50 cub tickets and read the most recent derailed thread on the forum" face. :p I'm looking for a new one of my actual toon but don't have one yet, so it remains.

D

Deleted member 133545

Nah this is my "just went through 50 cub tickets and read the most recent derailed thread on the forum" face. :p I'm looking for a new one of my actual toon but don't have one yet, so it remains.
can't argue with that