• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A fur fursuit?

real fur fursuit?

  • Yes

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • No

    Votes: 25 83.3%

  • Total voters
    30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Roll Fizzlebeef
Would you every buy, wear, or make a fursuit that contained real fur? Personally, I wouldnt. I mean, I wear leather, but for some reason fur rubs me the wrong way. I dunno why, just does :?
 

Kinday

Member
I wouldn’t.

Even if I didn’t have a moral problem with it, real fur isn’t nearly a rugged as the fake furs.
 
I was actually thinking about this the other day. It just seems wrong, i dunno.
 

Bloodangel

Banned
Banned
I wouldn't wear a fursuit, but I've got nothing against real fur, so if I did wear a fursuit I'd probably throw real fur on there, for authenticity I guess.
 

Rilvor

Formal when angry
It doesn't bother me frankly. The native americans wore fur and leather, and they still had the utmost respect for the land and the animals. Wearing either one doesn't make you an evil bastard imo.

Not to mention the stupid hypocrisy it'd be to wear leather like I do and say fur wearers are horrible. Reminds me of a shirt I saw once: "People make a bigger deal about fur than leather, because it is easier to harass old ladies than biker gangs."
 
I just couldn't imagine how many ferrets I'd have to kill just to make the suit. It just wouldn't be worth it, plus I think it's a little creepy to wear that many slaughtered corpses while having fun. I wouldn't be sble to stop thinking about the ferrets...
 
I don't have a huge problem with fur. I mean, I get the "oh poor animal." feeling but it wouldn't stop me from wearing a fur scarf or something with a fur trim. I can just imagine how hot a real fur fursuit would be. Considering animals have layers of fur..But I dunno, a whole fur jacket or fursuit would waste a lot of meat, which can be used as food. I'm not exactly sure how the meat part is handled though. The only time I'm all "AGHH BAD FUR!" is when it's an endangered animal, like say a panda or something.

I can also imagine that adding to the bad rep that Furries have.
 

Rilvor

Formal when angry
Well yeah, fur from an endangered animal is a huge negative, since thats against the law ._. and the whole low species numbers and such. Not all furs come from live animals though.

I just can't say anything negative on it, since looking from another perspective, I'd wear a leather coat made from human skin and it wouldn't bother me <.<; Yes I'm weird and that's probably sick, you don't need to tell me.
 

Kinday

Member
pinkplushii said:
I don't have a huge problem with fur. I mean, I get the "oh poor animal." feeling but it wouldn't stop me from wearing a fur scarf or something with a fur trim. I can just imagine how hot a real fur fursuit would be. Considering animals have layers of fur..But I dunno, a whole fur jacket or fursuit would waste a lot of meat, which can be used as food. I'm not exactly sure how the meat part is handled though. The only time I'm all "AGHH BAD FUR!" is when it's an endangered animal, like say a panda or something.

I can also imagine that adding to the bad rep that Furries have.

I’ve always heard the larger US fur farms use the meat for to make livestock feeds.

I used to eat rabbit meat as a kid. A family down the road had a small farm, Rabbit, chickens, pigs and such. I know they sold the pelts though. In the early winter we would get a lot of “stow” meat from them.
 

Lobo Roo

turtles natures suction cups
*shrugs* No, because I don't wear fur. I know that the animal wasn't treated with respect, like the Native Americans would have - and I won't support killing animals just for fashion. I don't wear leather, either, even though the cow usually is used for sustenance, etc.
 

Bloodangel

Banned
Banned
Rilvor said:
Well yeah, fur from an endangered animal is a huge negative, since thats against the law ._. and the whole low species numbers and such. Not all furs come from live animals though.

I just can't say anything negative on it, since looking from another perspective, I'd wear a leather coat made from human skin and it wouldn't bother me <.<; Yes I'm weird and that's probably sick, you don't need to tell me.

"Is that a pink jacket?"

"NO bitch!! It's human leather!"

I wouldn't be all that bothered if my jacket was made from people. I mean all people are are animals so it's the same principal applied.
 

Emil

Roll Fizzlebeef
Bloodangel said:
Rilvor said:
Well yeah, fur from an endangered animal is a huge negative, since thats against the law ._. and the whole low species numbers and such. Not all furs come from live animals though.

I just can't say anything negative on it, since looking from another perspective, I'd wear a leather coat made from human skin and it wouldn't bother me <.<; Yes I'm weird and that's probably sick, you don't need to tell me.

"Is that a pink jacket?"

"NO bitch!! It's human leather!"

I wouldn't be all that bothered if my jacket was made from people. I mean all people are are animals so it's the same principal applied.

I think a jacket like that would break some sort of desecration of the dead law =
 

Lobo Roo

turtles natures suction cups
EmilAnarchy said:
I think a jacket like that would break some sort of desecration of the dead law =

In my will : Make me into a jacket.
 

Rilvor

Formal when angry
EmilAnarchy said:
Bloodangel said:
Rilvor said:
Well yeah, fur from an endangered animal is a huge negative, since thats against the law ._. and the whole low species numbers and such. Not all furs come from live animals though.

I just can't say anything negative on it, since looking from another perspective, I'd wear a leather coat made from human skin and it wouldn't bother me <.<; Yes I'm weird and that's probably sick, you don't need to tell me.

"Is that a pink jacket?"

"NO bitch!! It's human leather!"

I wouldn't be all that bothered if my jacket was made from people. I mean all people are are animals so it's the same principal applied.

I think a jacket like that would break some sort of desecration of the dead law =

Tell that to the US gov't and doomed prisoners. I want one of those books in Harvard that is bound in human skin...

Also, the coat would be dyed black
 
Not all furs come from live animals?
Ummm.
I'm sure you meant something else other than what that actually says.
ALL real fur comes from a live animal. Yes, it's dead when it's skinned, but it was a living being.
That said, other than the "HOT" side, I'd wear one probably. I have furs, and I get furs from certain people I know, so I know how the animals were killed, and I don't get furs from fur farms.
Rabbit furs usually come as a byproduct of rabbit meat industry, so I don't have an issue.
Leather usually comes from the beef industry(again as a byproduct) so I don't mind that either. Sheepskins also.
 

Rilvor

Formal when angry
writer4furr said:
Not all furs come from live animals?
Ummm.
I'm sure you meant something else other than what that actually says.
ALL real fur comes from a live animal. Yes, it's dead when it's skinned, but it was a living being.
That said, other than the "HOT" side, I'd wear one probably. I have furs, and I get furs from certain people I know, so I know how the animals were killed, and I don't get furs from fur farms.
Rabbit furs usually come as a byproduct of rabbit meat industry, so I don't have an issue.
Leather usually comes from the beef industry(again as a byproduct) so I don't mind that either. Sheepskins also.

Yep, and fur can be dyed, so really you could use that sort of thing for any "real fur fursuit"

and yes, I did mean something else. If you're driving down the road and there's a dead deer on the road/beside the road, it's already dead >.>
 

ArrowTibbs

Probably still lives in a giant bucket
If I killed and ate a deer, then sure, I'd wear the skin if I was into fursuiting. Why waste skin if I already ate the meat?
 

Rilvor

Formal when angry
I wasn't sure how to word it =x

which for some reason reminds me of the man who managed to run himself over with his riding lawnmower....
 

Kumiko_Fox

New Member
I wouldn't mind, as long as the animal was not killed just for their fur. It would make the fursuit more realistic while not causing the death of the animal to make it, and it would not waste the fur of the animal.
 
T

TakeWalker

Guest
PyroVulpine said:
While I don't really mind the thought of one, (assuming the animal wasn't killed JUST for its fur) I still wouldn't want a real fur fursuit. Unless you go to a lot of outdoor conventions in the winter, it would just be waaay to hot to wear for very long.

I'm glad somebody thought of something other than the moral issue.

I was just thinking the other day that a fur coat would be awesome. But a fur fursuit? Far too hot to be practical.
 

lobosabio

Dance the Mussolini
No way in hell. I wouldn't be able to put up with it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top