• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A Gay having a Stay in the UK

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Ok, Sylox. You suggested it and now I'm finally leaving the USA for Europe. :V

No but seriously, this weekend I'll be visiting my fiance in the United Kingdom for a while. I'm kinda nervous about air travel. It all looks so complicated and then you gotta be up a thousand miles in the air...this peacock was meant to stay close to the ground. But I'd do anything to see my fiance again.

So Uk-furs, what's your opinion of the place? Anything you think is especially worth a look? Anything to avoid?

What's everyone think of merry ole England?

A

aeroxwolf

Congratulations man. I'm so happy you're finally coming over here. Didn't you tell me you're fiance lives up north? Well there's nothing exciting up here, unless you're fiance knows otherwise. If you want to make the most of your stay, take a trip to London. There's so much to do: visit big ben, hundreds of cool bars, stage performances (i recommend the lion king), the London eye, near every type of restaurant can be found there: Chinese, Mexican, greek, Japanese, Italian, Korean, tapas, you name it. Art galleries, history museum, Ripleys believe it or not, there's loads of possibilities. I hope you enjoy your stay in my country. Enjoy yourself man.

Kimahrikidge

Yea, just what Aeroxwolf said London would be a good place to go, as there's lots to do there, big ben, london eye and lots of restaurants, could even take a trip to Blackpool to experience our beachs, walk along the piers, just not the sea not very nice looking sea. :p

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Congratulations man. I'm so happy you're finally coming over here. Didn't you tell me you're fiance lives up north? Well there's nothing exciting up here, unless you're fiance knows otherwise. If you want to make the most of your stay, take a trip to London. There's so much to do: visit big ben, hundreds of cool bars, stage performances (i recommend the lion king), the London eye, near every type of restaurant can be found there: Chinese, Mexican, greek, Japanese, Italian, Korean, tapas, you name it. Art galleries, history museum, Ripleys believe it or not, there's loads of possibilities. I hope you enjoy your stay in my country. Enjoy yourself man.

<3 You're sweet. And I think we might try to get to London a couple times. (I'm gonna be around til the end of December). I would love to see all the restaurants because both of us are sorta...well...way way way into food. XD They've mentioned the north is sorta rural but that suits me as I'm from a rural area myself.
Yea, just what Aeroxwolf said London would be a good place to go, as there's lots to do there, big ben, london eye and lots of restaurants, could even take a trip to Blackpool to experience our beachs, walk along the piers, just not the sea not very nice looking sea. :p

She actually used to scuba dive in the northern seas near Blackpool I think! It's really cold. :V

I hope y'all have a good time while you're over there! Airplanes are a very safe mode of transportation, no need to get lost in silly hypotheticals.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
I hope y'all have a good time while you're over there! Airplanes are a very safe mode of transportation, no need to get lost in silly hypotheticals.

I keep telling myself its just a big car that can fly. :VVV

Thank you so much, Llama-kun.

Schwimmwagen

London and Birmingham are total shitholes, as are other major cities and nobody I know disagrees. If you wanna see England, go to the countryside. There's also some attractions worth looking at like Warwick Castle.

Naesaki

JRPG Fanatic
Visit Wales, City of Bath, go to the Lake District, visit Manchester (coincidentally near me xD) my suggestions anyway

Really so happy for you Butters :)

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Man you picked a good weekend to go.. (or bad, depending on if you love or hate it) UK is going through a really bad heat wave right now.

Naesaki

JRPG Fanatic
Man you picked a good weekend to go.. (or bad, depending on if you love or hate it) UK is going through a really bad heat wave right now.

Its rather mild up north today, can't say what its like down south or anything though, I'm hoping it stays this way, I've been melting! D:

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust

Not to mention its been getting stormy, i woke up about 1 in the morning last night to find a really scary lightning storm. A bit of lightning even struck right nearby.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
When I was in London on a school trip six years ago some classmates accidentally went into a gay bar, if only I knew where that was so I could give you an address. :V

Have fun. <3

Naesaki

JRPG Fanatic
When I was in London on a school trip six years ago some classmates accidentally went into a gay bar, if only I knew where that was so I could give you an address. :V

Have fun. <3

Sounds like you could have possibly ended up in Soho

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Visit Wales, City of Bath, go to the Lake District, visit Manchester (coincidentally near me xD) my suggestions anyway

Really so happy for you Butters :)

You're the best. <3 :)3c)

The English are sorta babies when it comes to heat (It's been ungodly where I am in South Carolina...and we get bad humidity too) but who am I to talk? They take the cold better than me I'm sure. XD

Have fun. <3

:3c If only!!! And thank you, gurl. <3

Naesaki

JRPG Fanatic
You're the best. <3 :)3c)

daaaww shucks, but yeah North Wales is a good place to go, visit Caenarfon and see the castle or go to Angelsey and Bangor.

Lake District is just really nice to explore, great walk paths and such.

Bath, just a great historic city with awesome architecture.

And Manchester is just pretty darn good, and also the gay village on canal street is awesome :3

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Lyme Regis, in Dorset, has ammonite fossils the size of car-tyres. If you don't want to go to the beach to see them, they're built into many of the stone walls and buildings in the surrounding area, as decoration.

Assynt, in the mountains of north west scotland, which you probably won't manage to reach because it's 12 hours from everywhere else in the UK, is where the first thrust fault was recognised, at loch glencoul.The area also has a history of viking invasion, the vikings thought that Assynt was where the Gods practiced making mountains, and impressive ruined castles in the middle of shitting nowhere.

The English Chalk is an important part of the English identity and is found mostly around the South-East coast. Brighton is one such place, which has lots of gay people if you're into that sort of thing. Personally I didn't like Brighton, but if ice cream, seagull-shit and pride flags is your thing you may enjoy it.

Stonehenge is an important stone age [not sure if it's palaeolithic or neolithic] astronomical stone circle, which is still mysterious. It's accessible, and visible from the surrounding Salisbury Plain.

The City of Oxford contains a lot of Perpendicular-Gothic architecture, some of which predates the Aztec civilsation, because it dates back to the 13th century. It's quintessentially English and hasn't been spoiled as it wasn't bombed in WW2, because Hitler thought he would take it as a prize when he defeated Britain.
The Natural History museum in Oxford contains remains of the first dinosaur ever discovered, Megalosaurus bucklandii, and played host to a famous debate in which Charles Darwin defended his theory of Natural Selection.
The city of Oxford is also where the idea of Isotopes was invented, to my knowledge.

Cambridge is, I believe, the site of the discovery of the Electron [I think], Neutron, and Isaac Newton studied at its Trinity college. Steven Hawking currently resides here.

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
don't go to London unless you want to get allahu ackbar'd by muslim rape gangs

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
don't go to London unless you want to get allahu ackbar'd by muslim rape gangs

That wasn't in london: Rotherham is the place which actually did have gangs of perhaps 300 south Asian rapists preferentially molesting 11 year old white girls, and where the police ignored it for about a solid 16 years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

But you know, Rotherham is also the home of the chuckle brothers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuckle_Brothers

Oh and there's this fantastic motto 'the rain in rotherham, doesn't seem to bother 'em,'

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
This is slightly offtopic, but Middle Eastern dudes can be really hot. :V