• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A list of the damaged profiles?

x3dreturns

PET my MunKEE
Seeing as the main site, furaffinity.net is down for the moment, I was reading in the forums here that the site was hacked and several profiles were damaged. So this question goes to the mods and admin. Will there be a list of who's profiles were damaged, and will it be updated as more are found? (if it was prevented early, I hope no updates) I'm like the other people who get nervous and paranoid anytime I read about stuff like this and the site goes down. Is all my art ok, is my watch list intact, what not. Especially so when I hear the site was not just down, but hacked and the plug was pulled.

So the one question I go back to is,
Are we going to have a list of damaged profiles so those people will know if they're boned and have to re-upload everything?

PriestRevan

Banned
Banned
Yeah and this website is the main extension of the furry fandom and the easiest way to keep communications alive along side art, writing and other forms of expression.

Its more than a website. Its a community. Get over yourself.

Oh no, my homepage was hacked.

Now I can't possibly contact my furry friends.

Honestly, if you had real furry friends, they'd be on your IM, or you'd probably have other ways to talk to them.

Ainoko

The Wild And Crazy Hybrid

Honestly, if you had real furry friends, they'd be on your IM, or you'd probably have other ways to talk to them.

FUH-NY! *sarcasm*

MelaCeroses

Chevy the Impala
It really doesn't matter. As long as your email is fine, everything is.

I suppose, but it's apparent people are passionate about this. And as much as it might irk you to think that they feel so strongly about something that you possibly couldn't care less about, I doubt you are really going to change the way people feel about these things.

For better or worse...

RickyTheCoolGuy

Number One Stunner
He's kind of right. The community doesn't die if part of the website does/

PriestRevan

Banned
Banned
I suppose, but it's apparent people are passionate about this. And as much as it might irk you to think that they feel so strongly about something that you may not care less about, I doubt you are really going to change the way people feel about these things.

For better or worse...

Okay, you should NEVER be passionate about the internet. That just shows how sick a person is in the head.

net-cat

Infernal Kitty
Known:
nek0gami
Tincrash

Suspected:
Hobbes_Maxwell

Yes. That is correct.

nek0gami's account was wiped.
Tincrash's account was partially wiped. (Stopped due to a protective ban.)
Hobbes_Maxwell's account was defaced, but all submissions seem to be intact.

No other accounts were affected. We are currently taking steps to recover the data and prevent this from happening again.

karmapolice

i hope no one is actually taking this clown seriously

he's pretty clearly another one of those OH SO TOUGH self-hating furries

Basque

Medic
Before this thread gets locked too because of asinine antics of people who don't realize the irony of having thousands of posts on these boards:

Thanks to Dragoneer, Yak, and everyone else who responded to this quickly before it got to more than 3 accounts (assuming it could have, anyways). Good luck in figuring out exactly what went on and if there's anything that can be done to assure it doesn't happen again.

Also, seeing as how net-cat seems to have explained everything nice and neatly, I'm not sure I see the purpose in further "discussion" at this point in time.

Last edited:

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
PriestRevan has a point. Not really a big deal. Just annoying to deal with.

Ainoko

The Wild And Crazy Hybrid
Before this thread gets locked too because of asinine antics of people who don't realize the irony of having thousands of posts on these boards:

Thanks to Dragoneer, Yak, and everyone else who responded to this quickly before it got to more than 3 accounts (assuming it could have, anyways). Good luck in figuring out exactly what went on and if there's anything that can be done to assure it doesn't happen again.

Also, seeing as how net-cat seems to have explained everything nice and neatly, I'm not sure I see the purpose in further "discussion" at this point in time.

Full explanation can be found here..

http://forums.furaffinity.net/showthread.php?p=884359#post884359

vappykid5

Un-Official Cherry Bomb Maker
Exactly.

He probably was the hacker :p

You actually think that Mr. pincushion-for-an-ass did this? Your silly.

i see
i hope the hacked acccounts can be restored
i was watching them.
:(

Do not worry. We can re-build them, we have the technology....we can make them better....faster....stronger.... (sorry I could'nt resist.)

Last edited:

x3dreturns

PET my MunKEE

Agreed. Keep negative opinions to oneself. The question I asked was answered, and that's enough for me. Hopefully whenever the admin's feel they need to update this forum, they will do so. At least this gives me some more time to work on requests until it's back online.

Last edited:

Leasara

Resident Unicorn
Actually, he got Tincrash's email/YIM as well. That goes on personal grounds to the point that I really hope FA presses charges. I doubt Yahoo will.

PriestRevan

Banned
Banned
i hope no one is actually taking this clown seriously

he's pretty clearly another one of those OH SO TOUGH self-hating furries

Oh no, I just hate furries in general.

But, yeah, y'all are taking this a little too seriously.

Not everyone whores IM's to death you know.

And some people actually like meeting new people too, you know... Expanding your horizons and all that.

If you can only expand your horizons through FA, then you have even more problems than I thought.

He probably was the hacker

;)