• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A little too unique?

nachoboy

cried for Dr. Horrible
I know what you mean, me and my friend in washington have had good conversations about sex. But the way my friends talk about it can be annoying. And i'm sure not all you talk about is sex. there is a point were it gets annoying. The last thing I would do is start hanging out with devout christians.
the two Reasons why:

1: i don't agree with them in almost every subject, such as Political views, or maybe how they think sex education should teach us to not have sex entirely until we are married. Soon the christians shall try to pass a law that requires everyone not married to wear chasdaty belts (i don't know how to spell that, don't bug me).

2: when i was younger all of my christian and mormon friends took me to their house and their parents and sometimes my friends themselves would try to convert me. Couldn't stand it.

not all devout christians are like that. maybe you're just finding the wrong christians.

i'm definitely not like that, and i like to think of myself as a devout christians. i really don't like trying to force my opinions on those around me, and i definitely think it's stupid to only teach abstinence instead of other sex education. until i graduated, i was a member of an american baptist youth group, and everybody in that group had similar viewpoints. i don't know how typical that is of american baptist youth groups, but that's just an example. or lots of the catholic youths i know are fairly liberal.

and does your school have any gifted and talented programs? when i was in middle school, most of my friends i met either in my GT classes or in my band class.

Cooon

My Username is False
Wait, they are? Chastity Belts?!
Okay. Well, we have one fucked up country.
And, if they make me wear one of those, I swear I'm going to go on a vehicular rampage.

apparently sarcasm isn't your first language

Cooon

My Username is False
not all devout christians are like that. maybe you're just finding the wrong christians.

i'm definitely not like that, and i like to think of myself as a devout christians. i really don't like trying to force my opinions on those around me, and i definitely think it's stupid to only teach abstinence instead of other sex education. until i graduated, i was a member of an american baptist youth group, and everybody in that group had similar viewpoints. i don't know how typical that is of american baptist youth groups, but that's just an example. or lots of the catholic youths i know are fairly liberal.

and does your school have any gifted and talented programs? when i was in middle school, most of my friends i met either in my GT classes or in my band class.
Actually, when i say devout christians, i was thinking of mormons. Mormons have a tendency to want to convert every one possible. They even have a lot of kids so there can be a even more of them. My dad used to be mormon, so he knows about it.

Actually, music is my life. I am in band class. I'm in a private school (i'm not super rich my dad just works there so like, 90% off!) so no marching band or concert bands. It's a jazz band. My dad actually teaches it. We play jazz, rock, jazz rock, bossa, samba, latin, even a little classical (but i hate those ones). I play the drums and vibes, or properly named, vibraphone. Don't know what that is? Google images is just a few clicks away.

Cooon

My Username is False
Well, I was being sarcastic...

You should try asking your friends to change the subject. Maybe come up with a cool topic they'd be interested in. I'm sure they occasionally get tired of talking about sex for maybe ten minutes, right?
Lol sorry! i didn't know you were

Yes, i have tried it. Doesn't work will. There mind gets stuck on something. Like this joke that my friend heard:

Welcome to my bar! We have Liquor (sounds like lick her) in the front and poker (sounds like poke her) in the back!

It is kinda funny, i know. I laughed a little. But that was the source of conversation the rest of the day. Its very annoying.

Nargle

HOOT
Lol sorry! i didn't know you were

Yes, i have tried it. Doesn't work will. There mind gets stuck on something. Like this joke that my friend heard:

Welcome to my bar! We have Liquor (sounds like lick her) in the front and poker (sounds like poke her) in the back!

It is kinda funny, i know. I laughed a little. But that was the source of conversation the rest of the day. Its very annoying.

Just lighten up, will ye? Maybe they won't hyperfocus on ONE joke if you come up with some of your own to spice it up =3

Actively try to make the conversations more interesting instead of just becoming anti-social and complaining about it later =/

nachoboy

cried for Dr. Horrible
Actually, when i say devout christians, i was thinking of mormons. Mormons have a tendency to want to convert every one possible. They even have a lot of kids so there can be a even more of them. My dad used to be mormon, so he knows about it.

Actually, music is my life. I am in band class. I'm in a private school (i'm not super rich my dad just works there so like, 90% off!) so no marching band or concert bands. It's a jazz band. My dad actually teaches it. We play jazz, rock, jazz rock, bossa, samba, latin, even a little classical (but i hate those ones). I play the drums and vibes, or properly named, vibraphone. Don't know what that is? Google images is just a few clicks away.

oh, i understand what your saying about mormons. they scour my college campus and make sure they talk to every single person at least once. maybe you should look into friends that belong to other religions, then?

seriously, in middle school i met my best friends in band class. you should probably look into befriending people there.

also, i do know what the vibes are. when i was in band, i played percussion, too, and i was usually the guy our band director put on mallet percussion. when our marching band did a collection of songs by Kansas, i played the vibraphone on "Miracles Out of Nowhere." vibes are definitely cool, but my personal favourite was the marimba.

Cooon

My Username is False
Just lighten up, will ye? Maybe they won't hyperfocus on ONE joke if you come up with some of your own to spice it up =3

Actively try to make the conversations more interesting instead of just becoming anti-social and complaining about it later =/

Ya, i know, i try, but three years of this gets on your nerves, but thats cool they are still kinda fun to hang out with. I wouldn't if they wern't

KiloCharlie

Tastes Like You Only Sweeter
i was in the same boat just a couple years back... you learn to make friends with yourself and with ppl (and fur's) online... sad, but true

Psudowolf

The Rambling Idiot...
Feel free to chat when you want too... (PM me for my address, lest trolls get a hold of it.)

nek0chan

if you live in utah anywhere near salt lake?
i kind of want to fly or drive over to go boarding at snowbird or park city

Psudowolf

The Rambling Idiot...
if you live in utah anywhere near salt lake?
i kind of want to fly or drive over to go boarding at snowbird or park city
Nope, I don't live anywhere near there. Too cold, I live in St. George

nek0chan

awww. too bad. =< how does a wolf/husky not like the cold.
blasphemy!

but seriously i shouldn't care cuz i live in sunny california where we have either hot or warm

Ice-Paws

Hey, you sound just like me! I'm a little anti-social -not kidding- but sometimes it does sound good to have a friend. I've found that constantly butting into interesting conversations, playfully, helps people know that you're willing to make friends. I also, from my understanding, believe that you should, when meeting new people, hold all opinions to yourself and only talk about things that the other person finds interesting. If the topic makes you unhappy, or you aren't comfortable speaking about it, you should probably try to find another friend, or change the subject. I hope this helps a little.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
this is a serious gravedig here