• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A lonely wolffo? *Ill try not to sound like I’m venting*

AmberLupus

As someone who's been in a long-distance relationship for a while now, I have to say that it is tough, but as long a you're willing to put a lot of effort into it, it's definitely worth it. Sometimes you have stronger bonds with people you met online than IRL, it's just the non-physical part that is hard. You also need to have a clear head and a good frame of mind, I broke up with my boyfriend for a few months about a year ago bc my depression took my feelings away from me, and I couldn't love anymore. A while later and after a few attempts with dating people locally, I found that nobody else clicked with me as much as he did, and we got back together.

TL;DR Long-distance relationships require a lot of work but reap great rewards.

BeauJayWolffo47

Here To Stay It Seems!
As someone who's been in a long-distance relationship for a while now, I have to say that it is tough, but as long a you're willing to put a lot of effort into it, it's definitely worth it. Sometimes you have stronger bonds with people you met online than IRL, it's just the non-physical part that is hard. You also need to have a clear head and a good frame of mind, I broke up with my boyfriend for a few months about a year ago bc my depression took my feelings away from me, and I couldn't love anymore. A while later and after a few attempts with dating people locally, I found that nobody else clicked with me as much as he did, and we got back together.

TL;DR Long-distance relationships require a lot of work but reap great rewards.
Ahh Well im willing to give it a shot.. Just mff among other things im not good with people?

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Hoi buddy! I can testify to long distance relationships taking time and A LOT of effort to keep going. But the results. If it all pans out. Are worth it.
Happily engaged to my best friend and fiancé to prove it. ;3 Dated online for 2-3 years and been together nearly 10. The key I found is to compromise with each other and to always talk about everything and nothing. I hope this helps give you some hope. =3

BeauJayWolffo47

Here To Stay It Seems!
Hoi buddy! I can testify to long distance relationships taking time and A LOT of effort to keep going. But the results. If it all pans out. Are worth it.
Happily engaged to my best friend and fiancé to prove it. ;3 Dated online for 2-3 years and been together nearly 10. The key I found is to compromise with each other and to always talk about everything and nothing. I hope this helps give you some hope. =3
Thanks so much Skittles!

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
You're welcome Buddy!

Tazmo

Trash connoisseur
Since I started living alone, I've been starting to feel quite lonely. I always thought that I don't need a partner and that I'm fine being single. I thought that if the right person came along, then great, but I wasn't going to go seeking a relationship.

Now that I come home to an empty house every day, it's driven home just what's missing from my life. I need someone to share experiences with, someone to spend time with. I need someone who appreciates me as much as I do them and the physical, intimate connections that come with that.

I've never been self confident, and have some social anxiety problems. I'm not the best at receiving compliments and often think people are just saying positive things in order to appear nice. I generally don't think an awful lot of myself, despite having really great friends - there must be a reason they stick around!

I see my friends in their relationships, getting married etc, and it genuinely makes me happy, it really does. But I now know that I need to feel some of that happiness for myself instead of feeling it for others.
Apologies, I just feel like getting this off my chest and this thread seemed appropriate! I'll stop with the melancholy now :)

*is in the same situation*

Remember that you are never really alone, and hang in there my Mintay fren! :)

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
*is in the same situation*

Remember that you are never really alone, and hang in there my Mintay fren! :)
I know I'm not really alone, but it's the feeling of loneliness. Very similar things, yet quite different. I just want someone to snuggle with IRL...

PureNeon

I know I'm not really alone, but it's the feeling of loneliness. Very similar things, yet quite different. I just want someone to snuggle with IRL...
Im in a pretty similar situation..well,my boyfriend broke up with me not too long ago.I have been feeling really lonely ever since and it feels like very few people want to have me around, also anxiety and self esteem make it really hard for me to get any new friends...all of this just hurts a lot..
I just really wanted someone that loved and cared for me but i guess that's too much to ask.. :c

Ra'ara Su'nai

The golden-voiced fox
Long distance relationships aren't easy. I'm in one myself, and there are days or weeks even when we can't even have an extended conversation. Even then, if all we get to say in a day is "Good morning," "Goodnight" and "Love you," that's all I need. Sometimes, it's the little things that can mean the most. Take a moment and reflect on your friendship with someone. Does it make you happy just to hear their voice/see a message from them? Do you little things, no matter how small, to show that you care for each other?

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
True i guess sometimes its enough for someone to get up in the morning knowing that somewhere someone is thinking deeply about them....
That would be enough for now, but the need for physical affection would still be there. What I wouldn't do to be able to fall asleep in someone's arms who cares for me... :oops:

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
Getting up in the morning and getting an "good morning hun,i love you" really is one of the best things you can hear from someone else,even if it's online
And yeah physical affection is amazing,but not always possible,sadly..
Something I've yet to experience, to be completely honest. Just over three decades on this planet, and I've yet to have someone to call my own and to be called someone's own.
There's still time yet...

PureNeon

Something I've yet to experience, to be completely honest. Just over three decades on this planet, and I've yet to have someone to call my own and to be called someone's own.
There's still time yet...
Don't worry,there's always time,i know the wait is hard and painful sometimes,i waited years for that but one day it just happened,maybe it was luck but even then i'm sure if you put yourself out there and wait it'll come to you naturally,sometime...just be very careful of who you get with,don't just go out with the first person that approaches you,i can tell you from my experience that's a terrible idea

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
Don't worry,there's always time,i know the wait is hard and painful sometimes,i waited years for that but one day it just happened,maybe it was luck but even then i'm sure if you put yourself out there and wait it'll come to you naturally,sometime...just be very careful of who you get with,don't just go out with the first person that approaches you,i can tell you from my experience that's a terrible idea
I'd give anyone a chance - the least I could do for their showing an interest in me. I'd get to know them properly first and not just dive into things head first.

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
As someone who's currently in a long distance relationship, I can definitely say it has it's challenges. However, like a previous post said, it can be worth it in the end. It takes effort, as does every relationship, romantic or not.
I found myself in mine by accident, almost, although that's not a bad thing.
Good things come when you least expect them to.
Me joining the fandom and meeting new friends was a random decision that worked out for the better.

Build your relationships so that they can one day become stronger.
Friends are just as wonderful to have as lovers.