• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A new show putting furries in a bad light?

TreacleFox

dem murrs
Maybe the reason why people keep making fun of furries is because furries tend to overreact to any negative media coverage, and are thus easy targets. Again, people take the fandom way too seriously, as if it were some secret society established to shelter nerds from the outside world.

All the documentries/shows in the past have been on national television, not some high school bully type scenario, "hurr, lets pick on them".

PheagleAdler

I agree that only the morons in Washington would be crazy enough to have sex in a fursuit that cost them several hundred dollars. Of course the suit involved doesn't look to be customized so perhaps not that expensive, but still it'd be awfully hot in that thing.

Also, this submission seems strangely appropriate: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4294491/

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Thing is, everyday furries have plenty of flaws and foibles, and get into plenty of drama as it is, so you really don't need to go trawling around for fursuit kinksters and therian spergs to drum up hype.

Zabrina

Awoken
Seems like it's simply an animal costume. Kudos for them if they want to make a furry joke, though. It's lovely to see furries getting some light in general.

PheagleAdler

PastryOfApathy

Wait, furfags getting incredibly defensive about a random show mentioning their secret club and whining about how it's going to ruin their already shitty reputation?

Not gonna say anything specific, but wasn't there a senator or something who got all tied up in a sex scandal involving fursuits? Could it potentially be a reference to that?
Not a senator, but his aide. He got caught attempting to fuck a young boy in a panda costume. Here's some more info from the most respectable scholars on the internet.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Another show knocking furries? Shit. I'm heading to the bomb shelter. The Furpocalypse is coming!!!

BlueAmpharos

Wait, furfags getting incredibly defensive about a random show mentioning their secret club and whining about how it's going to ruin their already shitty reputation?
Another show knocking furries? Shit. I'm heading to the bomb shelter. The Furpocalypse is coming!!!

You guys don't need to get all sarcastic on me, I already admitted this thread was probably a bad decision. -_-

I probably should have chosen a different title too. I didn't mean to come off that way, I was just searching Google to see if anyone else noticed that, and... nothing. I was interested in what people had to say, so I made a thread about it. I guess there isn't really much to say, though... sorry.

Last edited:

Sparklepaws

The Wooflewaffle
While movies and shows are obviously a large influence on the fandom's/fursuiter's imagery, I really don't see any need to get upset about it. Why?

Firstly, there ARE furries that are bad. In my opinion the fandom is a lot like Star Wars, with a light and dark side. If a show chooses to use these bad elements in their scripts, then so be it.
Secondly, it should be up to the furry community to paint a good picture for itself. I meet people all the time who don't even know what furries are, or have stretched opinions about them that I proceed to set straight. Education from our mouths is going to be what gets us a good spotlight, not these movies/shows
Thirdly, the furry community doesn't really have a bad reputation. Fursuiters are extremely popular at events, receiving both acceptance and love from parents and children alike. We're not hated, or even misunderstood by the majority. It's the minority that has skewed opinions, and usually the minority aren't reliable sources.

As for this aide who has a panda/young boy fetish thing going... well, let's just say it's happened before and will happen again. Honestly that sort of thing angers me much more than the show.

How does one put something that's already in a bad light into a bad light? You act like furry is a sacred fandom that no one else can have an opinion on. The sad part is whatever fucked up thing they show/reference about furries isn't even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the fucked up things in this fandom. :V

So true. Some of the things i have seen on furry sites, well to put it nicely scarred me :shock: