• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A "non-fur" *for now at least* Introduction

-Praydeth-

The Trickster coyote.
I don't know why, but?..... A LOT of friends i make happen to be "Furries".

Whether if it's they came to me, or i came to them in hopes of making a friend. I find that a few of so many irl friends and a Freighter full of friends online are furries. (for irl may be just because there are a lot of furries in the area fau is less than 40 minutes away with even if you had worst possible traffic) Then for online i don't think there would really be anything other than personality in factor. The thing is my friends that are furries are usually the ones i commonly identify with, and often have a genuinely.... just great personality.

also if you're wondering about how many of my friends are furries online 1/10th of all my friends on steam that are active turned out to be furries so yeah mainly found out because i used the legacy browser and saw that a bunch of friends were going on furry servers spending multiple hours on them and returning a few times a week at least or they told me.

Anyways one of my friends i most commonly group up with [FRIEND_B] told me he was a-
!I KNOW THERE IS A LOT OF CONFLICT BETWEEN FURRIES WHO ARE THESE AND ARE NOT!
a brony i was only a little unnerved but i was fine with it he just watches a kids show (though i did chuckle a bit because i know what he looks like and he does have a neckbeard). Anyways by accident he mentioned that another friend that i commonly group up with (that i introduced him to a month ago) [FRIEND_C]was also a brony because he got him to watch the show too.

Anyways next time i talked to [FRIEND_C].He said "Yeah i'm a brony and a furry" I'm obviously am fine with it now but at the time. But at the time i have known for 5 months. Plus was one of the best people i have met online (and still is). I'm Positively sure we all know the misconceptions about furries people have and i reacted a little like this.

What was perceived:A absence of conversation
What I was thinking about the time: Internal screaming Oh god please don't tell me he gets off to ponies. Please don't tell me he gets off to ponies. Oh noooooooooo please don't tell me he photoshops ponies into pictures he takes and says they are his waifu like on cringe posts
13648454002061.png
Thankfully things were settled quickly afterwards and quite a few misconceptions were taken care of. We have a pretty good friendship

Oh course i still had questions a looked to answer questionnaire & and things i still wondered about. Not seeking to pester or aggravate him by asking stuff every time i meet him i took off to answer them online. I watched stuff online and each thing usually came to the conclusion "Furries are just a fetish and people have their fetishes and that's okay because we are all a little weird and that's all fine and dandy". Witch i thought was okay.

Arrogant_Furry:3_04: "!THE FANDOM IS NOT SEXUAL IN ANY NATURE AT ALL AND CERTAINLY DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND A FETISH FOR ANYONE, YOU PRICK!"

So i start browsing these fourms seeing what i can pick up from any post at all and basically viewing any forum available and browsing it in it's entirety. Just not looking at things that are basically something i covered before.

*Looks at most viewed discussions.*

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO COME OUT AS A FURRY I MEAN FOR FUCKS SAKE"
"Your furry crush?"
"Do you have a mate???????"
"VORE" I don't know exactly what it is because it is referenced all the time to be something you stay away from. But by putting 2 and 2 together i'm pretty sure it has to do with "eating"
"FOXES ARE FUCKING GHEY"
"Hey i have Aspergers does anyone else have it i want to be able to talk to someone else who does." (locked down by admin only 10 replies with no problems on the post.
"Anyone know any good yiff ? :3 *wink wink*"
FREE ART "WILL DRAW PONY ARTWORK sfw&nsfw"
"WHY DO ALL GAY FURRIES HAVE FOX ANTHROS"
"What is your sexuality?"
"What is your sexuality? *NEW*"
"What is your sexuality? V3"
"What is your sexuality?V2"
"What is your sexuality? V4"
"WHAT IS THE WEIGHT OF A UNLADEN SWALLOW?"

You..... you lied to me.

Every time you guys go out to say a part of the fandom is not sexual identity and preferences for at least a large point of discussion you're spraying pure bullshit. You do this to avoid people hurting your community and it's a a pretty full proof plan.

• They see a video assume it's a fetish and say okay it's someones fetish it's fine but i don't want to get into it and I at least tolerate furries.
    • If that doesn't stop them they see the it's not a fetish claims. They see the community side, the conventions and the people who attend them. the charities the good work that is actually done, the resentment of the bad side that is made out to be much smaller than it really is. "furries are actually the best people on the planet just i'm not as accepting/tolerant (btw these are not the same thing i know this) and furries are a little bit weird.
    • if even then they are still curious, or still dislike they search up fur affinity because it's the largest community of furries are presented with the art page. This is probably just a few but they either see as this is just a bunch of really average art based community that is odd. On the hate side they may see it as not really something that's worth getting mad about.
    • Then if they manage to figure out there are forums witch is very likely they might end up still hating furries but you have to be a really hateful person and willing t spend enough time to become this. While those that are still curious and eventually become a furry.
      CUE THE RECENT EXAMPLE!
      Would you suggest me heading over to the Fursona thread and asking for ideas on how to make one?-GraceMcKendry
      I want to go a convention so bad!!! There's one in Reno I might go to that's happening in the summer.-GraceMcKendry
      You are already an Anthropologist, and as such, already a Fur, and sorry for it! YAAY youre well on the way to full on Furryness and didnt even realize it! Youre a Science Fur, like me! Wheeeeeee! Lol science fur....-Royn
      That's a good start, just be aware that anyone who doesn't understand what you were doing might think that you ARE a furry. Also be aware that you may or may not be a furry without realizing it, and making a fursona might be how you discover a bit more about yourself (again with the personal experience).-Crimson_Steel17
      lol I wouldn't really consider myself a fur, but thanks? I'm not sure how to respond to this.-GraceMcKendry
      lol I think it has to do with the fact that she has two teenaged sons. Although, I wouldn't put it past her. I do like wolves GraceMcKendry
      No, really, I'm not a furry.-GraceMcKendry
      I'm sorry but i find that very unlikely.
Anyways you lied to me, Keep on lying. In all seriousness this is probably the best possible course of action to have this community full of Tolerate and or accepting people. I'm at least staying here for the community even if a lot of the stuff that is commonplace in the furry community to me is really fucking disturbing in the meantime.

Well i would like to go on more but i worked on this a good part of the day ( there are still spelling mistakes ive been tired all weekend because of my heart problems) If anyone wants to hear about the topics below mention it in a comment.

• Me and my modding team of 6 for gmod and Very long in depth guide to making levels in level editors that will probably involve a lot of me praising Victor Antonov like hes jesus.
    • Uncle cages work with kubane and other discussions about compounds and other substances
    • How to properly deal with someone that has desires to have sexual relations with a child or animal and how i got a person who did to start seeing a therapist because of the touchy subject i may not do this one.
Please understand depictions are extreme representations and responses are overly exaggerated.

This thread is probably going to end in a crap ton of hate even though i don't have too much of a problem with furries, isn't it.

People mentioned: @Crimson_Steel17 @GraceMcKendry @Royn

Last edited:

Yvvki

Sassy lesser panda.
I think there are going to be extremists in anything. Just like there are a large number of people who are against it, you will always get those who are not.
Just hang around the ones that share the same views as yourself, I suppose.

I only just made this account but I feel like this issue you are having with explicit content will be everywhere, not just in the furry community. As people grow older their interests change as well- for better or worse.
It is up to us, as people- to accept that everyone will have their own ideals, and it is also up to us to move past the ideals we do not agree with.