• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A non-fur no longer? Willing to find out!

CoggerD

Diving head-fur-st into the fandom!
Hey everyone! I've debated trying to get into this community, having not been a part of it before, but I've recently found myself trying to expand my horizons as a nerd and a person. I have a few friends who are furry, and over the years I've found myself going from not getting it, to seeing the art and thinking "huh, this art is actually good", to finally being curious enough to look into it from the inside rather than as an outsider.

I've been worried that the community won't welcome someone who's been a non-fur for so long and who's curious about becoming a member rather than someone who's been a furry since day one, but my furry friends have assured me the community is welcoming and inclusive. Here's hoping that they're right, because I'm looking forward to finding out more about this community that means so much to my friends and that has fascinated me for a while.

I hope to be friends with all of you and have fun in this community!

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Pffsh! You got nothing to worry about! We are open to everybody and everyone!

Dive right in! Look around! Talk to folks in threads!

We are very happy to chat with you!

Welcome to the community!

FooFoo4230

Hello! I’m also a non-fur, and I would say that this community has been very accepting! Everyone here is pretty nice, in my (roughly a week or so of) experience, as long as you avoid the more contentious areas... I’m glad that you didn’t come in here with a bad impression, like some people do. There will probably be some jargon that you don’t get, like what a “Sergal” is (basically a shark-thing), or why they are called “cheese-heads” (because their heads are wedge-shaped, looking like a piece of cheese), but if you either look it up or ask someone, I’m sure you’ll learn it quickly. The most fun place to visit is (in my opinion) the “Forum Games” category. There’s one thread full of dad jokes!

CoggerD

Hello! I’m also a non-fur, and I would say that this community has been very accepting! Everyone here is pretty nice, in my (roughly a week or so of) experience, as long as you avoid the more contentious areas... I’m glad that you didn’t come in here with a bad impression, like some people do. There will probably be some jargon that you don’t get, like what a “Sergal” is (basically a shark-thing), or why they are called “cheese-heads” (because their heads are wedge-shaped, looking like a piece of cheese), but if you either look it up or ask someone, I’m sure you’ll learn it quickly. The most fun place to visit is (in my opinion) the “Forum Games” category. There’s one thread full of dad jokes!
Dad jokes, you say? Count me in on that. I am a proud student of the Colin Mochrie school of awful puns.

FooFoo4230

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Hey everyone! I've debated trying to get into this community, having not been a part of it before, but I've recently found myself trying to expand my horizons as a nerd and a person. I have a few friends who are furry, and over the years I've found myself going from not getting it, to seeing the art and thinking "huh, this art is actually good", to finally being curious enough to look into it from the inside rather than as an outsider.

I've been worried that the community won't welcome someone who's been a non-fur for so long and who's curious about becoming a member rather than someone who's been a furry since day one, but my furry friends have assured me the community is welcoming and inclusive. Here's hoping that they're right, because I'm looking forward to finding out more about this community that means so much to my friends and that has fascinated me for a while.

Frankly I've never met a community more accepting up-front of pretty much anyone than the furry community, so I think you'll be fine! <hugs> Welcome and enjoy...

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

Don't you worry there pal! We welcome newcomers with open paws, so don't feel nervous or shy or anything. We got your back all the way, and the vast majority of people here are very friendly! We welcome you pal!

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
There are a lot of people in this fandom/ community who don't have fursonas but they enjoy furry content. -So you're cool.

When you want to make a sona, there are so many people who'd be willing to help you with it!

sshado

Artemis the Satanist
Quick, run! I was once like you and 15 years later they still won't let me leave!! I'm kidding though, you have nothing to worry about.

I've found the furry community to be one of the most welcoming, accepting groups out there. It has a special place in my heart and I've met a lot of incredible people through the community. I hope you have a similarly awesome experience. Even coming up with a fursona can be intimidating when there are so many amazing ones out there. Of course, you don't need to make a sona to be part of the community. Not everyone does that and that's cool!

I hope you have a fun time. Congrats on expanding horizons! ❤

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

Quick, run! I was once like you and 15 years later they still won't let me leave!! I'm kidding though, you have nothing to worry about.

I've found the furry community to be one of the most welcoming, accepting groups out there. It has a special place in my heart and I've met a lot of incredible people through the community. I hope you have a similarly awesome experience. Even coming up with a fursona can be intimidating when there are so many amazing ones out there. Of course, you don't need to make a sona to be part of the community. Not everyone does that and that's cool!

I hope you have a fun time. Congrats on expanding horizons! ❤

Such wonderful words!

CoggerD

Even coming up with a fursona can be intimidating when there are so many amazing ones out there. Of course, you don't need to make a sona to be part of the community. Not everyone does that and that's cool!
I'm interested in seeing if I can find a face to call my own. Besides, I figure you guys will try to begin assimilating me into the collective soon enough, so why wait?

R

Ruki-the-Zorua

I'm interested in seeing if I can find a face to call my own. Besides, I figure you guys will try to begin assimilating me into the collective soon enough, so why wait?

I'm sure you won't have to worry pal!

CoggerD

Welp, that was quick. I looked for a good free base psd, thought about myself a bit, fooled around and out popped this guy:

He doesn't have quite the same hairstyle as me and he doesn't have glasses, but it feels like it's in the right direction.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Welcome to the club, mate.
Happy to have ya here.

Watch your step, or just dive headfirst - either way be sure to have a spotter!