• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

a request to rethink. From the Rules

Did you record losses under the new regulation?

• Yes and How tell us in the commens

• No If not tell us how and how you deal with it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutro

Writer
Here you go.
Indeed, they are not grouping in every artist who is affected. They are talking about those who are doing nothing but bleating about how FA, through their own circumstances and actions, is their sole income source that they're living off of. And that, somehow, reducing free advertising/spam will make their world crumble.

A world of difference between "all artists" and "those who are complaining into the void without trying to do something about their literal livelihoods." That, indeed, is irresponsible to be in such a situation.

Thank you, by the way, for not denying anything regarding your lack of meaningful contribution to this thread.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Indeed, they are not grouping in every artist who is affected. They are talking about those who are doing nothing but bleating about how FA, through their own circumstances and actions, is their sole income source that they're living off of. And that, somehow, reducing free advertising/spam will make their world crumble.

A world of difference between "all artists" and "those who are complaining into the void without trying to do something about their literal livelihoods." That, indeed, is irresponsible to be in such a situation.

Thank you, by the way, for not denying anything regarding your lack of meaningful contribution to this thread.
I'm here supporting the artists you and a few others are trying to put down. I think that's very meaningful. And this post wouldn't have gained traction if it wasn't an issue.

Rayd

bullshit detective
And how exactly would that be? Give up your dream?
you wouldn't be giving up your dream by finding another way to make money. it's like you're drawing negative conclusions with every post you make.

people can always take a break, find another method of income, either indefinitely or at least awhile, and come back to art whenever they're able to comfortably. show me where anyone has ever implied that you should give up art forever if you're in a bad financial situation.

GlitterFog

Well, one could also argue that by reducing the amount of spam submissions, the actual submissions are given a few more seconds to shine, so that should slightly even it out.

to all the people with their only argument over and over talking about how they struggle to pay bills and struggle to feed themselves and others because they're unprepared to do freelancing as a full-time job, i'll say this one last time. -

you're irresponsible as fuck. i do not feel bad. your problems are not FA's problems. nobody is ignoring your issues, and nobody is saying nor implying that they do not care. we're saying that maybe you should try resolving your problems yourselves like adults would instead of telling an entire website to accommodate for you when it owes you nothing. you saying you're struggling financially is not an argument, it just shows how blatantly unprepared you are to take on freelancing full-time. it's not FA's fault you are in your situation, but your's alone. instead of saying we don't care and throwing insults around, you should work on either adapting to the changes, or...
While I agreed at first and I still do agree with the idea, don't you think you're getting just as emotional, if not more, than the other side of the discussion?

Lutro

Writer
I'm here supporting the artists you and a few others are trying to put down. I think that's very meaningful. And this post wouldn't have gained traction if it wasn't an issue.
You are not 'supporting the artists' by being snide, rude, and otherwise operating as a peanut gallery commentator. It's not conducive to any sort of re-thinking of the policy or potential solutions. You're just taking jabs at people you disagree with.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
you wouldn't be giving up your dream by finding another way to make money. it's like you're drawing negative conclusions with every post you make.

people can always take a break, find another method of income, either indefinitely or at least awhile, and come back to art whenever they're able to comfortably. show me where anyone has ever implied that you should give up art forever if you're in a bad financial situation.
You know it's people like you that shouldn't consume any type of media. Because they were all created by an artist that was struggling at some point in time. If they didn't push through the naysayers like yourself then your favorite movie, favorite video game, favorite anything would not be around if it wasn't for them.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
You are not 'supporting the artists' by being snide, rude, and otherwise operating as a peanut gallery commentator. It's not conducive to any sort of re-thinking of the policy or potential solutions. You're just taking jabs at people you disagree with.
I think the people who are rude are the ones telling artists they're being irresponsible just for having a warranted issue with the site.

Rayd

bullshit detective
You know it's people like you that shouldn't consume any type of media. Because they were all created by an artist that was struggling at some point in time. If they didn't push through the naysayers like yourself then your favorite movie, favorite video game, favorite anything would not be around if it wasn't for them.
so you're not going to attempt to prove me wrong or make any valid points? you're just going to continue making false, emotional conclusions one after another? good use of your time there bud

maybe instead of throwing moral pocket sand at me even though nothing i have ever said has ever implied i was a naysayer to artists, you can use this time to try and formulate some kind of actual argument.

AnnVee

Anthro Artist
Nobody is saying that (as I already showed you in previous posts). Drop it.
I am blind or what?

upload_2020-5-12_19-42-8.png

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Nobody is saying that (as I already showed you in previous posts). Drop it.
How many times do I have to quote April's post?

so you're not going to attempt to prove me wrong or make any valid points? you're just going to continue making false, emotional conclusions one after another? good use of your time there bud

maybe instead of throwing moral pocket sand at me even though nothing i have ever said has ever implied i was a naysayer to artists, you can use this time to try and formulate some kind of actual argument.
In your eyes they're invalid. I'd say take some time to think about what you said and what it means.

Lutro

Writer
I am blind or what?

You're ignoring the qualifiers they used before they said that. It is not "if you're affected, you're irresponsible." It's "if you're affected, and are trying to support a family/yourself based on FA commissions, and somehow this policy change ruins everything, with no backup plans or anything... you're irresponsible."

Which is correct, by the way. Like, wildly so.

I ask you to keep it professional. Not getting out of line doesn't help us.

1. Not everyone does what I do, I was just answering your questions, so try not to take it as an overall rule as - such as said in the post - I'm only speaking for myself there.

2. I don't mind "normal" reminders. I just don't consider every four hours normal.

Even when watching tv back when commercials in between shows were a thing people had to deal with (I feel old lol) I'd see the same ad 1 to 3 times - maybe four if it was a really persistent one, or just one of those weird 5 second black screen things (anyone else remember those...? Just me? Okay lol).

3. You mention this as if people are violating the rules, and that it's justified...I feel like that alone just needs repeating lol

Being paid for giving my opinion and backing it up with logic and reason? Oh man, I wish. Unfortunately I'm not a furry rant channel on youtube so...

If you think that of all things is my argument then you clearly have not read any of my posts. Therefore, I won't bother clarifying for you - as it's clear you only wish for emotional validation (or drama).

Moving on.

Similar to the above, this is overall unrelated to what I had said and is an emotional reaction. I apologize for your feelings of hurt, but I am not the source that your hurt should be directed at.

Moving on.

1. FA has economic purpose but does not serve as a primary economic platform/selling system (such as Ebay, for example) even if some artists tend to use it as such, so your point is moot.

2. Many artists can, do, and will still thrive here both old and new. To call those people mediocre is not backed by any facts, and is only insulting to your fellow artist.

3. Also, not to state the already stated but, you're also insulting commissioners saying whoever buys art now is just doing so for sexual purposes. There are a lot of clean artists and clean commissioners out there who deserve the same respect as you do. Please remember this.

If I were among you, I'd still have the logic that I'm using now. You imply that this change took away your ability to think - and that's quite worrisome. Not to mention, if I were among you, I'd be on other platforms. So even if FA did effect me on a personal level, it wouldn't effect me in the way being complained about. I'd find a way to continue with my career. As all should.

I hear this a lot. Frankly, my ad blocker doesn't remove FA's ads. I don't have FA white listed either (though I would if it did as I like looking at the ads most of the time). Still, I honestly don't know how many ad blockers don't effect FA, but mine is one of the most downloaded ones so...I'll leave this as something to digest a bit.

I think the biggest issue is that people think FA won't still serve as marketing, and it can and will do so. Doubly so if you share things regularly in the forum such as in the sketchbook section. You don't have to --- but there isn't anything wrong with just showing off what you create, right? That should be the main purpose of an artist based website/community anyway (Imo). I could say more about the above but...I don't think I need to.

If you follow a hundred active artists who post YCH - hell even just fifty - and you go by previous setup, that's 200 reminders in a single day assuming they take advantage of the 4 hours whenever they're awake, and choose to sleep 8 hours like an average human on top of that.

If they're posting gods or they have occasional help with their advertising, it would be a total of 300 reminders a day. This is only from 50 artists, most people follow 100 to 200 or more (which would be 400 at minimum to 1,200 at maximum if they were still choosing to take advantage of that every 4 hour rule).

That's just assuming they follow the rules to a T and take advantage whenever they can, which is what I assume most of the artists here claim to do (otherwise losing time wouldn't be a valid argument).

That, imo, is crazy and is absolutely spam by every sense of the word. FA has hundreds of thousands of artists, all of which who would like to advertise. I don't even wanna try to do the math for something outside of a favorite artists submissions section.

If we were in the browsing section and everyone was taking advantage of that 4 hour rule...?

Just for shits and giggles here, let's say FA has a total of 100,000 users (based on its forum and login numbers we know it's FAR more than that but let's just be generous).

If those 100,000 slept eight hours but took advantage of that 4 hour rule, it would be a total of 400,000 advertisements minimum. If they're posting gods it would be around 600,000.

Moving the time limit up by four hours gives breathing room mathematically speaking.

You have a very good point. I have to admit
I took a moment to think about what you could do. The problem is we have points of view, FA is a site where you upload art I look at it I don't feel like being spammed with advertising. Then Fa is my Jop / hoppy I offer my talent to create something. I have to apply that I don't go under.

All sides really have good points here. Personally, I'm on the side of easing but that's no secret. But it should not be a solution where one side is angry, the other happy. Life is full of compromises.

I think it's a good compromise. Devien art has a shop. Separated from the side, what if you keep the rules or relax a bit. On the market side, things are different with the uplods. I'm not sure how but can not know everything right away. If you're on the market then you want to buy something or you're looking for something like YCH. The main page would be dismissed there would not be the problem that one gets swamped with YCH. The artists can offer finished works as advertising or the occasional YCH or other projects.

+ You wouldn't be swamped
+ a platform for selling and one for showing and advertising
+ ???
+ Profit
-New sever
-Programier work.

Rayd

bullshit detective
In your eyes they're invalid. I'd say take some time to think about what you said and what it means.
so instead of explaining why it's valid, you say to me that in my eyes they're invalid. well obviously? but are you not going to explain why it is? oh that's right, you can't. you physically lack the ability to do anything else in this thread but draw conclusions and wrongly accuse people of moral injustice.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
so instead of explaining why it's valid, you say to me that in my eyes they're invalid. well obviously? but are you not going to explain why it is? oh that's right, you can't. you physically lack the ability to do anything else in this thread but draw conclusions and wrongly accuse people of moral injustice.
You guys are the ones calling the artists irresponsible who want to follow their dreams no matter the cost. Thinking like that would mean every single art medium would have nothing. It'd be completely empty. I think you lack the physical ability to understand that.

AnnVee

Anthro Artist
Let's make all in one post.
1. I'm not irresponsible, if I try to explain why this changes are bad to me.
2. It's normal that I'm upset because of this change.
3. FA is the main source were I work as an artist (1 of 2, 3 if someone will commission me in Twitter). I'm more afraid for my friend. She have not sales and I understand how hard is for her (even she have a real job and it doesn't help too much!).

You're ignoring the qualifiers they used before they said that. It is not "if you're affected, you're irresponsible." It's "if you're affected, and are trying to support a family/yourself based on FA commissions, and somehow this policy change ruins everything, with no backup plans or anything... you're irresponsible."
4. Yes, I have to support a family and a become dependent from FA, but the fact is that you ignore, that the same thing works with any job where you work. I'm not irresponsible because of it. In other case, all you, who have a job and lose it during quarantine, you are irresponsible, if you have not a plan B. This is why I replied - he called me irresponsible by don't knowing anything about me. Just words on the wind.
I am here for 4 years and this is the first time when I have such problems. even I try to become popular on other sited by different ways - something works, something not.

5. I don't remind to say, that this is the site fault. I just think that as other artists we have the right to ask for reviews, especially if we have any ideas with other watchers here that can be a gold middle.
6. STOP being rude, this makes anyone feel worse. And stop calling all "reality" if you don't have idea why we become (started to hate this word) "freelance artist" and stop saying "you don't find a job or a way to get popular and don't act as an adult".
Being rude and wasting time on it instead of supporting any idea you read for help (if you don't have your own) is not how an adult act.

It didn't affect me at all because I was only uploading a reminder 1 time per day and sometimes not even that because I forgot, and my reminders are different than the originals as well so no issue there either.
I still think reminders are important, sometimes people might be interested in an YCH but since they don't see it in main page... they don't even know they exist.

As suggestions I would say:

- An YCH/Comms section in main page
- A RANDOM publications sections (not latest posts! Show random posts every time you refresh the page, that's one of my favourite things to discover new artists to follow!)
This is a nice idea to thanks.

Rayd

bullshit detective
You guys are the ones calling the artists irresponsible who want to follow their dreams no matter the cost. Thinking like that would mean every single art medium would have nothing. It'd be completely empty. I think you lack the physical ability to understand that.
see? drawing conclusions again and completely ignoring everything we have said. you'll continue to do this until we get tired of it, and you'll have assumed you won. it's sad, really. you're locked in this negative victim carded conclusion that we said something we didn't because you're delusional. i'm blocking you as well because you have offered literally nothing to this entire thread and i know at this point you'll say the same shit over and over even though you're wrong. i'm not here to talk to broken records, especially if they're blatantly wrong.

April you didn't express yourself wonderfully either, please. I want that I like that everyone can behave. so we can not find a solution. if you have something to do, please clarify it privately.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Welp. Guess this conversation has come to a close since I literally can't participate in the discussion anymore. Artists! I support you! Just know that.

Rayd

bullshit detective
April you didn't express yourself wonderfully either, please. I want that I like that everyone can behave. so we can not find a solution. if you have something to do, please clarify it privately.
i'm being totally civil. i blocked the person that was talking in circles as to not derail the thread. you're welcome.

Doberman_Moralist

see? drawing conclusions again and completely ignoring everything we have said. you'll continue to do this until we get tired of it, and you'll have assumed you won. it's sad, really. you're locked in this negative victim carded conclusion that we said something we didn't because you're delusional. i'm blocking you as well because you have offered literally nothing to this entire thread and i know at this point you'll say the same shit over and over even though you're wrong. i'm not here to talk to broken records, especially if they're blatantly wrong.
What gives you confidence in your innocence? What makes you feel that your opinion is correct if you close yourself from other opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.