• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

mareenaicefin

Protector of Narwhals
I have been following the netflix series (haven't finished this season so please no spoilers.) I remember the books fondly from when I was a child but luckily it's been so long since I read them that I don't remember what happens. Back along for the ride I guess!

mareenaicefin

Protector of Narwhals

mareenaicefin

Protector of Narwhals
I also loved this series.

Count Olaf <3 Nobody understands you. :C
funnily enough I'm watching this series with my dad and he HATES Olaf, every episode I have to try and convince him why he is a great character! :eek:

mareenaicefin

Protector of Narwhals
Should we write a list of his glorious attributes?

giphy.gif

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Viewers of a delicate constitution, a word which here means people who don't revel in tales of monobrowed counts pursuing orphans' fortunes, are advised to watch the littlest elf instead.

Cannabiskitty

To Kill the Child; to Set the Adult Free
Yep, it's one of the better Netflix shows. Also Neil Patrick Harris is amazing as the reoccurring antagonist. Also Patrick Warburton.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Oh, I really loved these books, when they came out, especially the earlier ones...the movie was lousy, but I will have to check this show out! Odd, I never got into the Harry Potter Books and films, but I really, really adored this series.

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
So...am I the only one who vastly prefers the Jim Carrey movie here? I really wanted to like this series, and the technical quality is amazing, but I find myself unable to get into it as much as the previous film.

Fallowfox

So...am I the only one who vastly prefers the Jim Carrey movie here? I really wanted to like this series, and the technical quality is amazing, but I find myself unable to get into it as much as the previous film.

Ron-Weasley-Confused-What-The-Hell-Gif.gif

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
It took the story fromthe books and murdered it. It also lacked much of the whimsy of the books, coming across as genuinely mean-spirited.

See...I feel the same way but opposite - I felt the series was way more mean-spirited which is why I had a hard time getting into it. The movie had fun with itself.

Fallowfox

Why? I know it wasn't really a box office hit, but I've never heard anyone speak particularly ill of it. Most people I kniw like it fine enough. Why the backlash?

The film's storyline was a patch-work quilt of several books slammed together. I don't think the narrative even happens in the right order.

I felt the series was way more mean-spirited
You need to increase your evil schemes.

MosquitoBeest

Small but Mighty
YES, MY ASOUE PEOPLE!!
I read the books when they first came out back when I was 9! I, also, never got into the Harry Potter thing other than simply liking the movies. I got my love of writing and word-play from those books. I remember getting the first three from the legendary Scholastic Book Fair and read through the first one in a few hours (coming from someone who attempted to start reading The Silmarillion in 4th grade).
My husband and I just finished watching the third and final season and I loved it so so much!! All of the young actors/actresses were on point and NPH as Olaf was amazing! I loved that the hench people got a bit more attention as well. I feel like I'll need to rewatch at some point! I plan on recollecting the books and doing a re-read as I feel like re-reading as an adult would be so much fun!