• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

a sketchbook from bliss

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
Oh what the hell might as well put one here too. Why not.
Some recent things:

tumblr_ndnwzku9gM1tknbu4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ndipcyTeq51tknbu4o6_500.png

tumblr_ndi9zsMwEY1tknbu4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nd5vde3du11tknbu4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nczvq6wCLh1tknbu4o1_500.jpg

Any and all critiques are welcome :p

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
You can draw hands so weeeeell.
And for that I may have to kill you in jealous rage.

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
Looking good so far.

Thank you! C:

You can draw hands so weeeeell.
And for that I may have to kill you in jealous rage.

Ahhhhhhh thank you so much! ;ω; Well, if you want to know my secret...
... I spent several hours watching shows on netflix and pausing every time there was a reasonably clear hand to draw and drew it.
I was going to draw 100 but I got sidetracked and stopped at 44... I should go back and finish it ; o ;
Here are links to them: one two three
It's a little boring at first but once you get the hang of it it's pretty fun. And you really do get a lot better! C:

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
tumblr_ndz41kuulR1tknbu4o1_500.jpg

I've felt kind of uncreative recently. Like I've been doing the exercises and improving, just not being imaginative.
So I looked up fantasy art prompts for fun and I found one that I like: "guardian", which I'm going to interpret as gatekeeper. So. Here's a little... concept art? If that's what I should call it. To get me working on being more creative. I'll do more and make a real painting of my idea yes. :>

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
Okay i did a few more doodles today
The first of a character to be in my friend's comic and the second is a character I'd like to put in a webcomic or something but she's from a thing im already writing as a book sorta yeah

tumblr_ndzgbiApWN1tknbu4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ndzh96i7zS1tknbu4o1_500.jpg

also how to feet ;~; (will fix that stuff later...)

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
tumblr_nec4d298Wj1tknbu4o1_500.jpg

Here's a doodle from today. I think I have more from recently but I don't remember where I've put them... Still.
The Loomis book is so incredibly helpful ; o ; it's so much easier to put everything where I want it and make it look good ;ω; I'm so happy

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
AND SO. I have seen a really, really, really, pretty art style in a comic which I am not going to link because reasons but
It's really soft and pretty and I really wanna try to mimic it (at least for the sake of learning how to do more styles) and so
here's my first try

tumblr_neg5l3wTil1tknbu4o1_500.jpg

Self-critiques: I think the white border could work in some styles but the way I do it it doesn't fit quite right. The other style has thick lines that fade but are clean, not like this sloppy mess. I think the brush strokes aren't smooth and fluid enough. The last thing is that they included specific smaller brush strokes that gave it a fur texture here and there. So.
I think it's not horrible for a first try? but idk
also anatomy but meh

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
tumblr_nek021ZoKO1tknbu4o1_500.jpg

Doodle some of Bliss's facial expressions. I should do this more. I should also learn to draw heads better from different angles. #woops

Claribelle

Avocado Expert
Really love those facial expressions! I still have trouble with canine faces
And for you try at that new style, it's really great! I love the brush strokes, a shading too smooth often looks unnatural so really, it's great
I'm noticing that your digital linearts use one line thickness only, have you ever tried using a more dynamic one? Thicker on some places and thinner on others? It would maybe bring them to life more like your traditional art

Otherwise keep up the good work! :3

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
Really love those facial expressions! I still have trouble with canine faces
And for you try at that new style, it's really great! I love the brush strokes, a shading too smooth often looks unnatural so really, it's great
I'm noticing that your digital linearts use one line thickness only, have you ever tried using a more dynamic one? Thicker on some places and thinner on others? It would maybe bring them to life more like your traditional art

Otherwise keep up the good work! :3

Ahh thanks, man! :3 I actually made another (better) piece with that shading style but its NSFW and I don't think I'm allowed to link it (but you can look at it on my page if you want).

As per the line thing, I have done lines with varying thickness. That's a good trick to have. It just takes a lot of time and effort to get that down right and I've been focusing more on other stuff recently. I do know that trick, though. But thanks for the advice! :3

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
your sketches show that your are getting the hang of using shapes and gestures to build the forms, which is commentable. However your last color painting suffers badly from what is called 'pillow shading' http://nekkers.deviantart.com/art/Furc-Port-Tips-Pillow-Shading-267667160 and looks very strange.

Yeah, I picked up on that once it was done. It was mostly an experiment to figure out specifically how to make the transition from light to dark to look a certain way. Or something like that. Not sure how to say it. It was an experiment and I sasn't concentrated on light source but I usually do much better in terms of light. Thanks, though :p

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
I've been doing speed drawings (30 minutes each) and they've been really helpful for building the figure quickly and doing clean(ish) linework quickly but I don't want to post them here yet for reasons
Here's one I did in 25 minutes today

tumblr_nen8d76X0W1tzl4bto1_500.jpg

Maugryph

Yeah, I picked up on that once it was done. It was mostly an experiment to figure out specifically how to make the transition from light to dark to look a certain way. Or something like that. Not sure how to say it. It was an experiment and I wasn't concentrated on light source but I usually do much better in terms of light. Thanks, though :p

The transition from light to dark on any form is caused by a light source. you cannot shade anything and make it look correct without choosing a light source first.

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
Agh, Idunno how to phrase it.
Okay. Uhh. That was an experiment that failed horribly and I'm aware of the pillow shading. I generally have a (basic) understanding of lighting and don't usually pillow shade. Aha. Thank you for pointing it out anyway ;w;

---

I'm starting a (ideally) 9 part crossover between A:tLA and LoZ:OOT (lets hope I actually follow through with it)
So
WIP of part one (Saria the Airbender)

tumblr_ner0tqNmce1tknbu4o1_1280.jpg

gah I'm sure I'm messing up something but idk what. It looks pretty good to me right now. Although I had to mess with the face for like an hour trying to fix something about it.

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
tumblr_nesuuol1SN1tknbu4o1_1280.jpg

Wip update :3 Scooched her head to the right place and messed with the air lines and sage symbol. It’s kinna difficult to balance the symbol and the wind… :C suggestions?

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
tumblr_newhasr6M31tknbu4o1_1280.jpg

Argh. I've been having artists block for a few days now so I made some doodles in styles/of character types I don't normally do. Blergh.

---

I'm saying yolo and calling it quits on this picture.

tumblr_newp2mcXYF1tknbu4o1_1280.jpg

I'll redraw it when I'm better, but for now it ends here cuz I'm tired and if I keep going I'll never finish.

Blissful.Oblivion

ich boope dich!
okay I have been drawing like absolute shit for the past few days I've just given up on trying to draw bodies so im just doing a few basic light/shape thingies.

tumblr_nf49o8Deqf1tknbu4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nf4dsbwYf31tknbu4o1_1280.jpg