• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

a surpassing fine new banner

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
http://www.furaffinity.net/styles/default/images//header.jpg

:O

wonderful staining on the paper with the goodness of real pigment. I esp. like the buildings.
Truly, watercolors are the most imperial of all mediums.

It was done under the name of:

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/blotch

methinks.

Oh my, that's amazing :O Yay March. n_n

EDIT: XD I can only hope that the icon for Fender is changed soon, instead of in the middle of the month like the Valentine's one was @_O

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
I noticed FA's fav.ico seems to ahve disappeared by the way.

This new banner is very nice, it treats the text very well for a change.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Arshes Nei said:
favicon.ico is still there, in the root folder - but i'm not positive it's being included in the <head> of every section on FA.

kuronekotenshi said:

EDIT: XD I can only hope that the icon for Fender is changed soon, instead of in the middle of the month like the Valentine's one was @_O
Point taken.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
yak said:
Arshes Nei said:
favicon.ico is still there, in the root folder - but i'm not positive it's being included in the <head> of every section on FA.

Yeah, I think this is a nice new bug from Firefox since the upgrade, I noticed a few other sites are missing a favicon.ico

It would be cute to do one for the forum, maybe make the Icon blue, but in reverse direction than the FA's mainsite which uses a black one.

yak said:
kuronekotenshi said:

Point taken.

^_^; It really got to me last month when it was STILL Christmas icon in the middle of February ;)

A

Ahkahna

Definitely blotch work :3

Their style vaguely reminds me of the BlackSad comics which I adore :3

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
DISAPPOINTED BY THE LACK OF PUNCHING :mad:

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Arshes Nei said:
It would be cute to do one for the forum, maybe make the Icon blue, but in reverse direction than the FA's mainsite which uses a black one.

Another good point. :)

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
soundhound said:
Bokracroc said:
DISAPPOINTED BY THE LACK OF PUNCHING :mad:
r u gonna punch fender

Someone should make the April Banner one with Fender being one of those rocking inflatable mannikins that roll right back up when you punch them.

wut

This is the first banner I actually quite like.

Well done.

Xax

I will join in the adulation of the new banner.

It is pretty rockin'! Also, of course the first thing I noticed was the city in the background. mmm.

imnohbody

Is it just me, or is the banner on the main page still showing the V-day image? When I go into the new messages section or browsing submissions it has the spring banner, but not when going to the root directory. I've forced a complete reload of the page, so I know it's not just a cache issue.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Believe it or not, it's a cache issue.

imnohbody

Hmm. I went and totally emptied the cache, via the options menu, and it's still loading the V-day banner, and now seems to be doing it when using the Browse function, too, even though at the time of my last post it was showing the spring banner.

(I'm browsing with Firefox 2.0, BTW, in case that's an issue.)

Rhainor

Rawr.
imnohbody said:
Hmm. I went and totally emptied the cache, via the options menu, and it's still loading the V-day banner, and now seems to be doing it when using the Browse function, too, even though at the time of my last post it was showing the spring banner.

(I'm browsing with Firefox 2.0, BTW, in case that's an issue.)

Go to the page in question, hold CTRL, and push F5. If that doesn't clear it up, I'm not sure what will.

imnohbody

Rhainor said:
Go to the page in question, hold CTRL, and push F5. If that doesn't clear it up, I'm not sure what will.

Holding down shift while clicking the reload button does the same thing. Either way doesn't change the results; I still see the V-day banner in some places, and the spring banner in others.

uncia2000

And Tools > Clear Private Data is no better, either?
*claws crossed*

(Just using boring ol' FF 1.5.0.10 here and no problems with seeing the new banner and avvie since those were uploaded).