• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

a surpassing fine new banner

imnohbody

Nope, clearing the cache via the private data nuker didn't change it, either.

Rhainor

Rawr.
I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.2, and I didn't have any problem. I pulled up FA one day, and it grabbed the new banner all on its own. I dunno what the problem is for you, imnohbody.

cesarin

Famous Huggable Dragon
imnohbody said:
Hmm. I went and totally emptied the cache, via the options menu, and it's still loading the V-day banner, and now seems to be doing it when using the Browse function, too, even though at the time of my last post it was showing the spring banner.

(I'm browsing with Firefox 2.0, BTW, in case that's an issue.)

you could be one very unlucky victim of cablemodem cache?
its well know that some cable modem companies have huge servers that cache to lower the bandwith in their border routers. and save money :p

imnohbody

Seeing as how I'm on ADSL, I suspect that, whatever the problem, cable ISP caching isn't it. :p

(BellSouth.net be proactive about something potentially useful like pre-caching? You're joking, right? :p )

m2pt5

The header banner on the 'default_old' template is still the February banner. Since setting your template to the old one seems to use that one on some pages but not others, I'm getting the March banner on the homepage and my messages page, but I'm getting the Feb banner on user pages and submission pages.

BijouxDeFoxxe

shake wut ur mama gave u
m2pt5 said:
The header banner on the 'default_old' template is still the February banner. Since setting your template to the old one seems to use that one on some pages but not others, I'm getting the March banner on the homepage and my messages page, but I'm getting the Feb banner on user pages and submission pages.

That happens to me sometimes. I just hit Ctrl F5 and it refresshes it completly.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
I believe they stopped working on the old default template, sorry.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
m2pt5 said:

"default_old" template is no longer supported, neither with code nor UI updates.

m2pt5

Then why is it still available?

Also: In the default template, is there a way to move the nav links from the left side to somewhere (anywhere) else? Having them there shoves everything else to the right and wastes that column of space from the bottom of the donate button on down.

imnohbody

yak said:
"default_old" template is no longer supported, neither with code nor UI updates.

This possibly explains the reason for the banner problem I mentioned, up-thread. I've been using default_old because the current default is less than optimal, with that huge gap (especially if you browse 64/page like I do, to save time by not clicking through smaller pages) to the left caused by the user option menubar.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
m2pt5 said:
Then why is it still available?
We'll remove it when we'll have something to put in it's place.

m2pt5 said:
Also: In the default template, is there a way to move the nav links from the left side to somewhere (anywhere) else? Having them there shoves everything else to the right and wastes that column of space from the bottom of the donate button on down.
imnohbody said:
This possibly explains the reason for the banner problem I mentioned, up-thread. I've been using default_old because the current default is less than optimal, with that huge gap (especially if you browse 64/page like I do, to save time by not clicking through smaller pages) to the left caused by the user option menubar.

We'll think about it. I'm all for moving the navigation box myself.