• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

A thanksgiving message

"I have a dream that one day furries will not be judged by the weight of their fursona, but the content of their character." - me, ripping off Martin Luther King Jr.

(cue patriotic music)

Several years ago, the pilgrims settled on Plymouth rock and made 2 things with the natives of this country. The first was peace, the second was food... most importantly the peace, but food is nice also. They didn't care about the racial, cultural or weight differences between them.

I'm willing to bet there may have even been a fat guy at the original thanksgiving dinner, And I'm almost 99% sure nobody started a petition to make him leave for 24 hours because of his shape. In fact, I doubt anyone tried to replace him with big letters either.

basically the point I'm trying to make is fat furries are furries too. If you don't like it, deal with it... but I think at least for today, we can coexist peacefully with eachother.

(I realize this thanksgiving message is probably flawed with historical innacuracies, but the message is still the same)

LoveCube

There's a difference in being pleasantly overweight and soft, and omfg I can't walk anymore obese. It has little to do with the size and the looks. I am mostly bothered by how damned unhealthy people are, furries or not.

Edit: Not like I really know wtf this thread is for, but here are my two bucks!

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
Good Speech! :)

Anybody see the link on the main page's latest post? It says where you're supposed to complain... :p

robomilk

fruit bat at large
Places you will find fat things:
* Fur Affinity
* Children's cartoons
* TV shows
* Comic books
* Real life
* Everywhere else

Get used to it c:

Icono

When I click on the "browse" feature, I know I'm going to be served up the aftermath of Asperger's Syndrome and sexuality colliding. That's OK; I don't have to browse. I can keep to my happy little niche and never stumble across this stuff...until the admins serve it up on a silver platter.

It's not the obesity. I'm neither thin nor fat-phobic. But, I don't like the implications of this artwork. The "Gainer/Feeder" subculture is full of broken people who get off on destroying their bodies, and chase Diabeetus like bug chasers seek out AIDs. Their hatred of their bodies takes on an ascetic zeal, like mortification of the flesh through stretch marks and cellulite.

I don't care what you do with your body. But can I please be spared baring witness to it? Is that not reasonable?

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
One day I have a dream furries will stop to listen and understand what other people are saying so they don't get butt-hurt when people have opinions.

I personally have no problem with fat furs. I have no problems with seeing anthros that are chubby.

Seeing fetish fat art in the banner? I have a problem...and it doesn't mean I hate fat people or discriminate against them based on weight. I've got to love how if you don't like the banner suddenly you have fat people. It makes no sense.

DJ-Fragon

There's a difference in being pleasantly overweight and soft, and omfg I can't walk anymore obese. It has little to do with the size and the looks. I am mostly bothered by how damned unhealthy people are, furries or not.

Edit: Not like I really know wtf this thread is for, but here are my two bucks!

In FA, reality no longer exists.

InvaderPichu

this is my raep face
One day I have a dream furries will stop to listen and understand what other people are saying so they don't get butt-hurt when people have opinions.

I personally have no problem with fat furs. I have no problems with seeing anthros that are chubby.

Seeing fetish fat art in the banner? I have a problem...and it doesn't mean I hate fat people or discriminate against them based on weight. I've got to love how if you don't like the banner suddenly you have fat people. It makes no sense.

Adblock.

LoveCube

I didn't like the banner. OMFG NOW I HATE FAT FURS AND AM A SAD INDIVIDUAL WITH NO LIFE BLAH BLAH. I sry, yarly!

My preference goes to chubby people. When thin people hug me, I get bruises all over my body. I think a plump butt is pretty damned hot, if I may say so, and lovehandles are for the freaking win so hard.

Doesn't mean I think an image featuring characters who give me clogged arteries for breakfast are hot.

I don't think it's a crime to prefer healthy people to.. I don't know, represent our community, is it? (And don't you dare come in here with diseases you can't help that cause weight gain or otherwise use them to retaliate this statement. When you bring food from the plate to your mouth with your own hand in an uncontrolled fashion and get unhealthily obese, that's your choice, not something you can't help)

It's not the obesity. I'm neither thin nor fat-phobic. But, I don't like the implications of this artwork. The "Gainer/Feeder" subculture is full of broken people who get off on destroying their bodies, and chase Diabeetus like bug chasers seek out AIDs. Their hatred of their bodies takes on an ascetic zeal, like mortification of the flesh through stretch marks and cellulite.

That's funny... most of the fat furries I know (myself included) have fat fursona's, yet, have not abbused their REAL bodies by making themselves obese. I know those people exist, and I'm personally not against that, but alot of us don't stuff ourselves. basically, not all fat furs are gainers/feeders.

OSeeing fetish fat art in the banner? I have a problem...and it doesn't mean I hate fat people or discriminate against them based on weight. I've got to love how if you don't like the banner suddenly you have fat people. It makes no sense.

Yeah, like zombie fettish. Oh, and nobody seemed to have a problem with the banner that had the big breasted women in bathing suits on the beach... and that was up for an entire month.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats

Oh yeah, lets place a little band-aid over the actual problem and it makes things all better. So if mature ads start popping up when the actual filter is on, is that going to be your response too? Ad block it? When the mature filter is supposed to take care of it?

If the mods take the next step and put sexually explicit things in the ads, are you going to say the same thing? Ad-block it?

Seems to me it is more simple to simply keep fetish stuff where it belongs, out of the banners.

robomilk

fruit bat at large
That's funny... most of the fat furries I know (myself included) have fat fursona's, yet, have not abbused their REAL bodies by making themselves obese. I know those people exist, and I'm personally not against that, but alot of us don't stuff ourselves. basically, not all fat furs are gainers/feeders.

It is a great irony that most fatfurs are actually rather thin, some I know are actually classed as underweight - in which case the feeling and want to be fat is actually psychologically comforting.

Zentio

Fluffy Bunbutts
Oh yeah, lets place a little band-aid over the actual problem and it makes things all better. So if mature ads start popping up when the actual filter is on, is that going to be your response too? Ad block it? When the mature filter is supposed to take care of it?

If the mods take the next step and put sexually explicit things in the ads, are you going to say the same thing? Ad-block it?

If the next banner for Christmas shows reindeer in bondage with Fender as Santa pulling on the leather reigns....and people don't like it, ad-block it?

YES.

InvaderPichu

this is my raep face

If the next banner for Christmas shows reindeer in bondage with Fender as Santa pulling on the leather reigns....and people don't like it, ad-block it?

Seems to me it would make more sense to keep fetish stuff off the main banner.

What a nice little world you live in where you just block what pops up because expecting things like fetish's to have a time and place is...the worst thing in the world. How dare anyone ask that things like fetish's be kept in the appropriate places.

It wasn't an adult banner, and there never will be an adult banner on this site. It had fat furry characters. Quit your damn bawwwwing and go eat some turkey or something.

LoveCube

Edit: Okay, I kind of misread your post. I won't erase what I said though, but after re-reading your reply I realized it doesn't fit. Sorry about that. Instead, just understand that promoting bad health, either as fiction or reality, JUST for the purpose of softness... is pretty retarded and a very bad example for people. I'm not obese, but I am chubby and very soft and snuggly. I don't see why it's necessary to be OBESE in order to be soft, but maybe that's just me.

--

There are diseases that cause obesity. But you also have to keep in mind that it's really hard to trust a statement like this. Do you really think a lot of people who are obese because of their own actions will admit to it? It just so happens that this one obese woman, friend of the family, kept saying "I don't do anything to cause my overweightness, I don't eat a lot and I try to exercise". But who was the one stuffing her face first with calorie heavy nuts, deepfried food, four servings a meal, sat on her ass most of the day and didn't exercise at all? You guessed it!

Again, there are very valid reasons why people are obese while trying to live healthy. There is medication that causes it, but most obesity cases are contributed to by an unhealthy diet. Being unable to accept themselves, they will try to shove it onto a disease so they won't have to take blame for their own actions.

Yeah, like zombie fettish. Oh, and nobody seemed to have a problem with the banner that had the big breasted women in bathing suits on the beach... and that was up for an entire month.

I think everyone is grasping at straws now just to justify being fat, having fat fursonas or whatever else floats their boats. Or just because they liked the banner. There is a special category in the submission form for fat furs when you upload artwork. I don't see one for zombies.

And big breasted women in bathin suits on the beach... are you seriously trying to compare this to extreme obesity?

Last edited:

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats

The last banner was not about a gore of zombie fetish. It doesn't take half a brain to realize that.

People probably didn't complain because is normal for all forms of furrie art, fetish or not to involve females who are busty. Or have you never been to a real beach before? On a sunny day you see females out there, especially humans, with busty chests. It would make sense to emulate that same thing in a picture involving half human anthro's.

That said enough red herrings. Got something else better?

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
It wasn't an adult banner, and there never will be an adult banner on this site. It had fat furry characters. Quit your damn bawwwwing and go eat some turkey or something.

It doesn't matter. It was a fetish banner....involving the fat fur fetish.

I'm so sorry, what bawwing do you speak of? I am discussing the subject in a civil well thought out manner. If that is too much for you, oh well. It is remarkable how people would rather accuse people of bawwing than actual deal with the topic brought up at hand. I guess it makes for an easy cop out because actually taking the time to discuss it legitimately...is too much.

Gavrill

ladies~
Busty females don't make people what to hurl what they just ate.

Can we please just STOP with these threads?

Seems to me it is more simple to simply keep fetish stuff where it belongs, out of the banners.

excuse me... sexually explicit? that's a joke, right? ... so... every time you see a fat guy you think to yourself "what a pervert"? did it ever occur to you that alot of people have a strictly non-sexual fat fur interest (myself included)? I mean... Some people like to hug stuffed animals, that does't necessarily mean stuffed animals turn that person on.

And if someone IS turned on by fat furs, who are you to judge?

InvaderPichu

this is my raep face
It doesn't matter. It was a fetish banner....involving the fat fur fetish.

I'm so sorry, what bawwing do you speak of? I am discussing the subject in a civil well thought out manner. If that is too much for you, oh well. It is remarkable how people would rather accuse people of bawwing than actual deal with the topic brought up at hand. I guess it makes for an easy cop out because actually taking the time to discuss it legitimately...is too much.

It's a banner that'll only last one day, yet people are still complaining about it and demanding it be taken down. I consider that bawwwing.

All the other banners that people haven't liked, for whatever reason, stayed on the site, and people were told to adblock those. I just don't see why it's so hard for you to do the same. You're only complaining because it deals with a subject matter you don't like, so instead of being an adult and dealing with it, you complain about it...it's just kinda funny to me.